• McAfee
    • Nod32
    • Norton
    • Panda
    • TrendMicro
    • Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Other
    • None

Loving this its like a soap opera I am trying out Panda so far so good its free so why complain.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, because its advanced technologies, very flexible and rich options, usefull & nice UI and speed.

I think this is AV, that introduces new technologies every new version and not just update application icon and change color scheme from white&yellow to black&yellow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have used Panda for several years. But, it causes my response to slow down. I was hoping that ccleaner had a better one.,or could reccommend one. Thanks Kay

I have used Panda for several years. But, it causes my response to slow down. I was hoping that ccleaner had a better one.,or could reccommend one. Thanks Kay

Hi Kay. :D

I use Avast free on the desktop, Avira free on the laptop 'cause it uses less resources. Plus a virtualization application, like returnil, powershadow, or time freeze.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

AVG for me. Been using it for 3 years already on 3 of my Computers. It has protected me 6 times! The fourth virus was real nasty one, almost deleted my WINDOWS folder. :angry:

AVG for me. Been using it for 3 years already on 3 of my Computers. It has protected me 6 times! The fourth virus was real nasty one, almost deleted my WINDOWS folder. :angry:

That to me screams a warning you should alter your browsing/downloading habits if you're getting hit that often. It's only a matter of time before you get hit by one before AVG has updated to include it in it's definitions (if you're not already infected with something).

That to me screams a warning you should alter your browsing/downloading habits if you're getting hit that often. It's only a matter of time before you get hit by one before AVG has updated to include it in it's definitions (if you're not already infected with something).

I'm not really concerned about it lol! I always have backups anyway.

Backups won't help much when your banking details are stolen ;)

Since he's 15 years old, I don't think he has much valuable informationwink.gif

Piriform French translator

• 4 weeks later...

I now use Panda Cloud and its great I don't know its there.

I am using Avast on:

1 x Wind 7

1 x Windows XP Pro

MacAfee Enterprise on:

1 x XP Pro

Plus I am told I do not need AV software for Ubuntu?????? hope that's correct, does anyone know any different. :unsure:

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Well, there's ClamAV, but...an open-source AV is just ridiculous (it means malware creators can look at the code and think of ways not to be detected). There are also some other AVs such as avast!.

But there are far less viruses in Linux due to its really low desktop market share.

Piriform French translator

B)Over the years I've had good luck with Trend Micro and Webroot, but both are going up constantly, and are hard on resources.

MSSE is from Microsoft, light on resourses, FREE, updated in real time, and has kept me worry free for over a year.

Give it a try, It takes a while on full scan, but regular quick scans are around 50 seconds, on a fine tuned machine.

since I have a new laptop... i have to use the 60 day trial norton 360. I don't even like it one teeny tiny bit. It was working fine for 2 weeks but whenever I try to open it up from the system tray, it would just show me a blank grey screen. Sigh... I wish this 60 days is over so I can delete norton 360 fully, including a Gutmann Method if I have to. AVG FTW!

• Moderators

since I have a new laptop... i have to use the 60 day trial norton 360.

You actually don't have to use it, simply uninstall it if you're fed up with it and grab a freeware av.

Aethec i did a uninstall of Norton 2009 and it went fine it was a complete clean uninstall, and Avast works Fine.

So yeah i have Avast.

• 1 month later...