• McAfee
    • Nod32
    • Norton
    • Panda
    • TrendMicro
    • Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Other
    • None

Your brave or stu*** if you surf the web. ;)

Not really. I can't remember the last time my AV blocked anything. It has been years. The entire time I could have gone without one and I would not have been infected. If you use a program like Sandboxie or some other virtualization program you would probably be better protected than you would with an AV. I use an AV because the one I use is very light and doesn't have an impact on performance. If I was forced to decide between Norton or no AV I would choose no AV and run with Sandboxie on full time.

If you use a program like Sandboxie or some other virtualization program you would probably be better protected than you would with an AV.

I've never heard of Sandboxie Anthony. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Well we will have to see how long AVG still supports v7.5. It was supposed to end at the end of August. Then they postponed it the end of September because they wanted users to use v8.0. I've just installed the latest update today so support is still there, I haven't checked the AVG forum to see if its been postponed again.

I've downloaded Avast! Home Edition 4.8.1229 and AntiVir Personal 7.00.03.02, so when support stops I will have to try out both versions to see which one suits, not at the same time. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I haven't checked the AVG forum to see if its been postponed again.
One of the reasons why I dumped AVG was the abusive Moderators on its forum.

I use Avast! Free on 2.4GHZ P4 XP Home and 2.8GHZ P4 Pro SP3 systems.

I use Avira Free on my old 500MHZ PIII XP Pro SP3 that I use to test IE8 beta2.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

One of the reasons why I dumped AVG was the abusive Moderators on its forum.

They used to be very helpful and it was a good forum to get help at. When AVG 8 was released things really changed. No doubt the many millions of complaints about AVG 8 has something to do with it.

Just imagine if they did a major update of CCleaner and it was a flop like AVG 8 and this forum started to get flooded with a million complaints. I wonder if the mods here might get a little testy :P

I wonder if the mods here might get a little testy :P

Never. The mods here are tested, rigorously, for their testiness.

They are also rigorously tested, for their rigour.

This ensures that we have the least testy and most rigorous mods available. :D

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

• Moderators
Never. The mods here are tested, rigorously, for their testiness.

They are also rigorously tested, for their rigour.

This ensures that we have the least testy and most rigorous mods available. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Currently using McAfee, but i'm changing when my subscription runs out. Probaly to Avast! but I might look into AntiVir as soo many people seem to be using it.

AntiVir is really good, although, it doesn't like being on my HD with other virus scanners, and that leads to false-positive wars (note : i don't run them at the same time). :((

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

Currently using McAfee, but i'm changing when my subscription runs out. Probaly to Avast! but I might look into AntiVir as soo many people seem to be using it.
Make sure that you remove all traces of McAfee as it will prevent most other anti virus applications from installing.

I use Avast! and AntiVir and they are both good.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• 2 weeks later...

You are a brave man for sticking with it for that long. My current laptop from my school has Symantec Antivirus, and I've never enjoyed McAfee.

AJ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think out of the freeware ones Avira probably has the best detection rate, but i couldn't stand the look of it. I hated the nag screen with it and went to Avast though. Out of the paid for products probably Kaspersky has the best detection rate, but i went with second best Nod32, just really liked it. Next year I might make the change to Kaspersky to give it a shot.