Suggestions...

Creeker

Need a method of excluding files/folders from getting cleaned in the temp directory

I want to prevent certain folders (or files) in my TEMP directory from getting cleaned. These folders are used by a WEB application for keeping settings current from last usage (otherwise I have to setup again).

For my purposes, this almost renders CCleaner useless for this machine. I have to go back to manual methods.

Is there a way other than moving the folders (to somewhere else) each time I want to clean the TEMP folder?

What do others think (of having this option)? I would like to have the option if needed.

Thanks,

Syphus

Could you add the ability to delete the Media Player Classic file "default.mpcpl"? It holds the last player list. If people want to keep this file then add this as an extra option like "Media Player Classic Playlist". Apart from that great application.

Oh how I love CCleaner - can't live without it (where u been all my life ?)

Anyway, couple of suggestions ...

1. In Custom Folders, have the same options as with the .INI, ie., recurse, removeself, etc

2. Again in Custom Folders, option to only remove files (eg *.*), BUT not folders (and maybe vice-versa)

3. Show the potential/completed registry changes

4. Give us users a tab of our own (the Applications tab can get a bit over-crowded if u have a lot of apps. !!) Maybe even an 'Other' option ?

5. aah I've forgotten

Anyway, thanks for the best app yet - I've had soo much fun ! :rolleyes:

B.

1. An UPDATE button that just does and applies the next release.

There is no need for me to goto the web-site and then click on the download link, save to HD and then install. We all love the program, just update it!  :)

2. Sort-able fields in the list of files deleted. Default = by largest file descending

Fields should be: NAME, SIZE & LAST MODIFIED DATE.

That would be great and why don't you show also the sizes of all applications?

First i would like to say that i find CCleaner a wonderful program.

I use it several times a day.

There is only one suggestion i would like to change/add to CCleaner.

I want to use the option "Autocomplete Form History"

but i don't do this because i want to keep my passwords.

So could you pleeeease make this option like in Internet Explorer.

A seperate option for:

- clearing the Form history

- clearing the Passwords

Then CCleaner would make me even more happier than it already does :)

Thanks

What about adding optional removal of TXT files, and place it under advanced section? Or a more comprehensive "scan by mask" as someone suggested on here. This is an efficient way of finding & cleaning up system-related junk (whatever the user defines as junk)

I edited winapp for this, and my PC no longer contains any text files, (readme's, EULAs etc) good for barebones situations, or general space cleanups but most importantly it isn't dangerous, just really down to the user like Custom Files and Folders, I got rid of 4mb worth of TXT, nothing to dance about but 4mb of files I never needed (mostly readme's I never read or just one-time since I find there is generally more support for the program on the website, or a user support forum (such as this)

:):D

post-3177-1131263197_thumb.jpg

post-3177-1131263206_thumb.jpg

Maybe a way to securely delete files?

Maybe people have credit card numbers or SSNs or other sensitive data in the files that are deleted by CCleaner.

I know that Eraser is open source. I know its not quite a quick copy and paste, but it is a start. Eraser is the best program when it comes to this stuff. I usually use CCleaner then do a free-space whipe. Identity theft is real, folks, so I think this is necessary.

If you could add secure file deletion into CCleaner, it would be a Home Run IMHO.

It is an excellent program, and thank you for spending your free time on a project like this.

19215[/snapback]

I agree. A 'secure shredder' option would be a great function in CCleaner. Windows Washer by Webroot has this feature. Basically, all it does is 'wipe' the files so they cannot be undeleted by way of using random bytes to overwrite the file. Many programs use this, including Spybot S&D.

When you just choose to use the basic 'delete' option off your hard drive, the file is not actually deleted. Traces of it remain for long peroids of time, and people concerned about privacy could benefit from this. Especially since one of the main features of CCL is too remove your tracks of where you've visited (MRUs, browser history, cookies, etc). This would just be one more aspect to make the process even better.

• Moderators
A 'secure shredder' option would be a great function in CCleaner.

22197[/snapback]

MrG the CCleaner developer has already eluded to the inclusion of secure file deletion in this post. Just give it some time before CCleaner will securely delete files in a future version.

Suggestions:

| Minimize to tray

| An option to set a schedueled cleaning time. I'd like to beable to run the cleaner once every hour or so, and have it automaticly scan and clean.

19935[/snapback]

| A keyboard shortcut to "Run Cleaner"

your program is very powerfull, :D

but i have a suggestion for the next version ...

is it possible to add a functionnality that permit to clean at the shutdown of windows ??? like the function that already exist : clean at startup !!

thank you ... :P

toog

Why would you want to clean at shutdown and startup? If you clean when you  shut down whats the point of doing it when you boot up as well? There would be nothing to clean at start up.

22247[/snapback]

rridgely i may be wrong but i don't think he wants to do both, i think he just wants the option for ccleaner to automatically run as shut-down.

Hi,

Please could you add AVG7 to the list of programs that can be cleaned.

For example, on a windows 98 pc the following directories can be cleaned:

C:\WINDOWS\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\upd7bin\

C:\WINDOWS\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7upd\$history

C:\WINDOWS\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7upd\*.log

C:\WINDOWS\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\*.log

C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\AVG7\Log\*.log

C:\$VAULT$.AVG\*.fil

Windows xp:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\*.log

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\upd7bin\

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\$history

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7upd\*.log

I had one laptop with over ***18 gig *** of logs/old avg updates !!!

Many thanks for a great program!!!

Steve

In CCleaner at the options dialog, you can define which cookies to keep when you clean the cookies.

So I add 'forum.ccleaner.com' and then I have to add other forums that I frequently visit so I dont have to login again everytime I visit them.

I think it would be perfect to be able to use wildcards when you define what cookies to keep.

So that I can add for example 'forum.*' then it delete all cookies except cookies belonging to the subdomain of 'forum' of any domain.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

:( I am really soory if I am late but how about adding...

1. Add a deep cleaning scan like System Mechanic so we can free up more space

2. A History cleaning system for softwares that has recently used :rolleyes:

That's all thanks :lol:

Yeah... i know that basic feedback is boring... sometimes.

And definitely, when you have 10 million downloaders.

But i found this program, when it was almost new (based version history).

So i just want to say Thanks for Great Program!

I'll spread the word ...like before! ;)

Can you please add  a timer function so it cleans at a certain set time. Sometimes I forget to use it. AVG for example has this feature.

22912[/snapback]

You can add it to "Scheduled Tasks" in Windows, its at the control panel.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png