Suggestions...

Creeker

Just because is it slow in coming it does not mean its not coming.

So, this is something that MrG has stated will be available in a future version? Or is it something that one of the members thought would be added? I wasn't sure, which is why I wrote that it might just be a myth.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Excellent! Thanks for the link.

ding, ding!

it have been a long time...

one time i would suggest is that better detection of progs...

i found some apps entires under my CCleaner "Applications" tab that i never install... not now not in the past...

--==aGumon==--

one time i would suggest is that better detection of progs...

i found some apps entires under my CCleaner "Applications" tab that i never install... not now not in the past...

Yeah, I've run into that problem before, along with many other members. I had Paint.NET do that to me; I removed it and it still showed up. I think it may be because of Window's method of uninstallation, which doesn't always remove all of an app's components. But if CCleaner could look for partially removed apps and finish the job, or prevent apps from showing up that have never been installed, that would be great.

Maybe this is already being worked on? I know that an awful lot of people have suggested it.

ding, ding!

I am not sure if this is already mentionned nor do I know if it is already worked on and covered with "cleaning all user accounts"...but....

Could there be a way that ccleaner also deletes all the typed e-mail adresses in the drop box of the log-in screen on MSN-Messenger?

I would like that very much. :)

A couple of items regarding Microsoft Office:

Office 2000 is the one version missing (Office 97, XP and 2003 are all handled)

winapp.ini uses the reg entries "Office10" to check for Office XP, and "Office11" to check for Office 2003. The problem is, if you have Office 2003, even on PC's that have never had Office XP, you have both "Office10" and "Office11" (I don't know why). The Application list shows both XP and 2003 when you only have the latter.

1. An UPDATE button that just does and applies the next release.

There is no need for me to goto the web-site and then click on the download link, save to HD and then install. We all love the program, just update it!

Better not...... who does not know the feeling you get when you click on a button and your computer starts insalling and changing things...... :blink:

It is better to keep it like it is now.

We all love the program, not only because it gives a feeling that you can actually control what happens to your computer.

Going to the site to install the next updated version helps to generate this feeling. Specially for people who do not know so much about pc's and processes on it.

That is a good point; I for one wouldn't particularly like it to update automatically. But maybe the option could be given for those who want it. There could be an option under Options to "Install updates manually", and the box would be checked as a default. But then if there are people who would like their updates to be downloaded and installed automatically, you could uncheck the box.

ding, ding!

As ccleaner now securely deletes files maybe when any bugs that exist are ironed out, add a context menu to the recycling bin "Securely Delete With Ccleaner". When this option is selected ccleaner just empties the recycling bin with the method previous selected.

NEW ADDITION:

in CUSTOM FILES, allow to delete file type with wildcards, recusively in all sub-directories of the selected one

for example delete all *.thm in all sub-directories of ...\My Documents\My Picutures\

Thank for this excellent software !

I just found a powerful uninstaller in "CCleaner"... It works like a firestorm... which would be a more suited handle for it... The "ccleaner" handle just doesn't have any marketable "Snap Pizzaz!" to it...

HotDam!.. This "CCleaner" is state of the art stuff... I'm gonna watch this company Closely for more good softwares...

"CCleaner" in combination with "Registry Cleaner" and "Cacheman Memory Restore" and "Fast Degfrag".. does everything that's needed to make this Windows98se system run super smooth and fast... I call them, "my PC cleaner array"... If they all got together I bet they could come up with a cleaner software that would beat all...

So I just dumped "Window Washer" and "Uninstaller", forever!!... and I'm not even gonna look at "Phantom", that someone recently suggested...

I've been surfing the net for years in search of this cleanup system... Finally!.. oh yay!... :D

I can't wait till they combine my cleaner array into one "Poop Nuker"...

If this suggestion has already been offered, my apologies for the redundancy.

(BTW, ccleaner is the best maintenance app I have found... excellent work!)

It would be really useful to integrate into the user interface a tool to create a scheduled task to run ccleaner at a scheduled date. The tool could simply make use of the Windows Task Scheduler, but the interface would be located within the ccleaner app. For a similar example, see SpyBot-SD. In the advanced section you can create a scheduled spyware scan.

Thanks!

An exceptions option in Issues would be nice. That way you need to can through the list every time, just to uncheck the same thing.

If not an exceptions option, can it simply not try to delete WMPCD - HKCR\WMPCD?

It's not a big deal either way.

Great Program. Thank you.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

A official self contained Ccleaner i.e. no installation required.

That would be extremely useful, but wouldn't it require an entire re-write of the program?

ding, ding!

The ability to add a file / files(s) to the PendingFilesRenameOperations key (as in index.dat etc. files)

For example, my internal modem continually writes to a log file (even tho I no longer use dial-up :huh:) which I cannot delete (but I know I can delete it it when using the above key method)

You all have good ideas. C-Cleaner is all about erasing data from web surfing on trails on the computer that may for privacy risks or take up space. Please try to make sure that the items you post really do these things before you post:

1) Form a privacy risk

2) Waste space

3) Try not to ask for features that would be useless or almost useless, as we are striving to make C-Cleaner

the best cleaner, and not a do everything but suck cleaner.

Thanks!

You all have good ideas. C-Cleaner is all about erasing data from web surfing on trails on the computer that may for privacy risks or take up space. Please try to make sure that the items you post really do these things before you post:

1) Form a privacy risk

2) Waste space

3) Try not to ask for features that would be useless or almost useless, as we are striving to make C-Cleaner

the best cleaner, and not a do everything but suck cleaner.

Thanks!

Everyone is welcome to post any suggestion they want, whether MrG implements them is up to him.

Everyone is welcome to post any suggestion they want, whether MrG implements them is up to him.

Well in that case...

I recommend a free sample of hufu for the first 100 or so users of version 1.27.

ding, ding!

If i knew what hufu is i cold comment further but knowing you it properly something :blink: .

The point i was making it that the suggestions thread if for suggestions for ccleaner. They do not have to apply to any rules(other then thos of the forum) laid out by ccleaner professional user.