Suggestions...

Creeker

If that was added, I would have to turn that off in CCleaner every time I work on someone's machine, as I frequently have to use this technique to jump back in time. Add it, but make it off by default? :P

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

If that was added, I would have to turn that off in CCleaner every time I work on someone's machine, as I frequently have to use this technique to jump back in time.

It did cross my mind, and it may indeed be the reason why the option hasn't been added so far... :rolleyes:

Add it, but make it off by default? :P

That would be a good idea, I think! thumbsup.gif

What about a new section in CC ("On Demand") where entries need checking manually each time you want to run that option, and where the check mark disappears as soon as that run has completed?

Not yet, and I would second that. :) That feature's the only remaining reason I'm still running CleanMgr.exe on a regular basis

I'd 'third' that, something I requested a while back. Would agree with other comments about being off by default, also add it to the advanced section, with a warning, to avoid restore points being carelessly removed.

HOTFIX Uninstaller Option:

Keep Updates that are only 1 month old (Depending on date installed entry in registry). Maybe make the month amount variable (1 months, 2 months etc.)

So something similar to the option "only delete files ... older than 48 hours"

This would give the user the option to uninstall recent hotfixes. Hotfixes older than 1 month are then considered "safe" by CCleaner.

I don't believe FD-ISR is covered by CCleaner in the first place.

And it is always possible to 'comment out' a winapp.ini entry so that CCleaner skips a registry key or file/folder belonging to your favorite app.

Thanks Tony! I learn something every day :)

How would I "comment out an app?

...screamer

How would I "comment out an app?

Just like you would in a batch file: precede a line by a semicolon

Here's a winapp2 entry of mine:

[FileLocator Pro]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect=HKCU\Software\Mythicsoft\FileLocatorPro

Default=True

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Mythicsoft\FileLocatorPro\RecentContains

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Mythicsoft\FileLocatorPro\RecentFileName

;RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Mythicsoft\FileLocatorPro\RecentFolders

As you see, the RegKey3 line is commented out, and will be ignored by CCleaner when it's run.

If you wish, you can comment out ALL lines in such an entry, and it will be ignored in its entirety.

Just like you would in a batch file: precede a line by a semicolon

Here's a winapp2 entry of mine:

As you see, the RegKey3 line is commented out, and will be ignored by CCleaner when it's run.

If you wish, you can comment out ALL lines in such an entry, and it will be ignored in its entirety.

Thanks! That really helps :)

...screamer

Hi,

thank you for this very good program. I use it for a while.

My question:

Is it possible to implement that the ccleaner clears the wordlist in Babylon Pro?

Sorry about my english, it's badly - but I know it. :unsure:

Best wishes,

digitall