Suggestions...

Creeker

If i knew what hufu is i cold comment further but knowing you it properly something :blink: .

The point i was making it that the suggestions thread if for suggestions for ccleaner. They do not have to apply to any rules(other then thos of the forum) laid out by ccleaner professional user.

Hufu.

And yes, I know what point you were making, and it was a fine one. I was simply being obnoxious. :D

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Hufu = ****ing strange

:lol:

And I have a suggestion now that the 2nd beta is out; shrink it! The size has literally more than doubled! Usually I am very accepting of the new features, but if this toolbar is a close to 700k addition, get rid of it! I don't care how helpful it is, it does not provide 700k more utility, and I have a feeling that most people won't even use it!

What about dial-up users? Now downloading CCleaner will be miserable for them! And also, now you can barely fit it on a floppy! Sorry, not trying to be rude, but this seems like more of a detriment than an improvement...

ding, ding!

I would also like to see a "portable" version of CCleaner to carry around on USB flash drives.

Someone said that CCleaner is so small you could just take the installer and install it.

But what if you were on say a library or college, and you checked your e-mails and maybe even bought something with your credit card? The computer will probably be logged on as a limited user restricting you from installing stuff.

you should add integration with Internet Explorer Like: One button (just CC logo) which is cleaning all data (TIF, typed in addresses, History, cookies...) when we press it (but to clean immediatelly)!

It would be excellent if there is time to do this ;)

and also you can add cleaning for Belarc Advisor's logs (C:\Program Files\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp)

m.p Why did you remove that large EXIT button (it was upper in right corner)?

m.p Why did you remove that large EXIT button (it was upper in right corner)?

The Exit button was previously located in the upper right corner, right beneath the window's close button (the X). I imagine that is why MrG had it removed. After all, what is the point of putting an exit button right beneath the X which does the exact same thing?

Would you want to have 2 Run Cleaner buttons, or 2 minimize buttons? Of course not. So why have 2 exit buttons (especially when they are both right next to each other)?

ding, ding!

1* Fix the progress bar i.e. make it so it does not go across multiple times.

2* Add a % readout in the middle of the progress bar in cleaner like that in found in issues.

3* Where ccleaner displays the results of a analysis, show what files/folders are currently being deleted.

4* Maybe a estimated time of completion.

1* Fix the progress bar i.e. make it so it does not go across multiple times.

2* Add a % readout in the middle of the progress bar in cleaner like that in found in issues.

Tru dat!

ding, ding!

ATTENTION ADMINISTRATORS: Please remove NOD32 from CCleaner and Winapp2.ini.

When NOD32 is checked in CCleaner, CCleaner removes critical .dat files that cause NOD32 to function improperly. Once those .dat files are gone, NOD32 can no longer save scans, threats, and events to logs, and this causes several problems...especially if you're in cleaning mode and you don't have 'copy to quarantine' selected. A short explanation is here. There are numerous other problems I didn't mention, but this is enough to support my point.

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=3876

Now it may not just be the .dat files. Certain registry entries may also contribute to the problem. Don't ask me which ones. All I know is that the only way to fix my NOD32 to get log files working again after CCleaner 'cleaned' it was to uninstall and reinstall NOD32.

Windows 10 (x64). Android 11. CCleaner Pro 6.02.9938.

Guest Lashiec

I've been using CCleaner since the first versions (the ones with the radiactive trash can :D), and now that file wiping has been added, then only two features I miss (closely related) are these ones:

1) The ability to clean .ini and .cfg files entries. That is, to clean MRUs stored in text files instead of the registry. There're lots of programs doing that, like XnView or XMPlay, and it also helps to solve problems with the MRU cleaning of OpenOffice, since the "Common.xcu" deleted also stores configuration entries for the program. Although OpenOffice files will need a bit more research, since they're XML files. Until now, the only file cleaner capable of doing this is "ClearProg", but I really prefer CCleaner.

2) And the ability to flush files. There're some log files that need to be present for the program to work without problems. So it's preferable for these programs to have empty files than phantom files :D

Well, that's all. I hope that I expressed myself clearly.

Right-click on the icon that says "<<" near the clock in the systray.

Select "Customize Notifications..."

Please offer to clean that "Past Items" list.

Remove Yahoo! toolbar.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Here is a bug that haddock informed me of, and I simply confirmed it, so the credit goes to him:

CCleaner does not clean out the most recently opened list in Photoshop. This has been tested in both Adobe Photoshop CS, and Photoshop CS2. The list that needs to be cleaned is under File > Open Recent.

It would be nice if CCleaner cleaned out these lists, since it does list Adobe Photoshop under the Applications tab.

ding, ding!

I have a simple request:

modify the NSIS script so that the desktop icon installs to %allusersprofile%\Desktop instead of %userprofile%\Desktop

Cheers.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

I have a simple request:

modify the NSIS script so that the desktop icon installs to %allusersprofile%\Desktop instead of %userprofile%\Desktop

Cheers.

Yeah, support for all users would be really really nice! People have been suggesting that for a long time, so maybe it will implemented soon?

ding, ding!

Not the same thing. I just mean place the shortcut icon on the All Users desktop, so that when I log-in under another account, I can see the icon and click it.

Cleaning one account via another account would be pretty difficult to implement in a visual basic program such as this.

vv yeah, that :P

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Not the same thing. I just mean place the shortcut icon on the All Users desktop, so that when I log-in under another account, I can see the icon and click it.

Cleaning one account via another account would be pretty difficult to implement in a visual basic program such as this.

I think we both misunderstood each other.

What I meant was that you should be able to install CCleaner for all users on the computer. Not clean A's account while you are logged in as B.

This way, A can install CCleaner under Documents and Settings\ All Users\ Start Menu\ Programs, and then B can log into his account and use the same program.

Then people wouldn't have to manually move the CCleaner shortcut to the All Users folder, or install CCleaner multiple times on a single computer.

ding, ding!

I would like to see a portable version that i can run from my USB Flash Drive with out having to install it on a computer.

I am a computer tech and i really love this program i just work on so many computers that it a lot of time installing it on countless computers and some clients dont like you installing stuff on there computers.... this would be a great addition to my already great list of programs i run from my flash drive to work on computers.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a portable version that i can run from my USB Flash Drive with out having to install it on a computer.

I am a computer tech and i really love this program i just work on so many computers that it a lot of time installing it on countless computers and some clients dont like you installing stuff on there computers.... this would be a great addition to my already great list of programs i run from my flash drive to work on computers.

Ok that would be nice but how about a version that would work with BartPe or WindowsPE. That would be SOOOOO sweet. You could boot with a PE Cd and clean the box so nothing is running at all.