Suggestions...

Creeker

Two suggestions:

1. "Keep" checkbox next to each found item, or don't require a rescan after unchecking an item in the settings.

Or rightclick & "Exclude" to gray out or remove the item.

2. Filter bar for found items. (Quickly see what items were found for an app.)

Yeah this program is great :) I really love it :P

I would make a suggestion : would it be possible to make advanced option to clean Prefetch folder

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but it already does that, tick the 'Old prefetch data' box in the 'System' section.

This has probably been suggested before but a welcome addition to CCleaner would be to automate it like you can with Defrag and Anti-virus programs.

I love CCleaner though, keep up the good work. :)

I would like an option to backup all the setting of Ccleaner

Good idea, especially for those who have several programs and custom folders. The backup utility would have to account for winapp2.ini as well.

Windows 10 (x64). Android 11. CCleaner Pro 6.02.9938.

Hey, I was getting fed up with the incessant reminders of system mechanic and its over usage of my system resources....so I googled prefetch cleaner since that?s really all I ever do. WOW! I <3 THIS PROGRAM! its so much better than sysmech6. also, it found more errors. anyway, I was messing with it and being the power hungry user I am (literally, I will reformat my hd if there?s a single file fragment that I cant get defragged)

So I was thinking, what about a feature to let you check specific tasks for it to perform when you either shutdown or start up (I like tasks that work at shut down because when you?re starting up, you want to get something done, the sooner the better....when you?re shutting it down, you?re gonna walk away form the computer, let it do its thing, and turn off while you?re in the kitchen or whatever)your computer? like, it would be so awesome to automatically clean the preftech on shutdown. (especially when your computer is trying to do something stupid...like prefetch world of warcraft and half life 2 LOL!)

Anyway, I love your software, this is an amazing product and Im going to tell everyone I know about the wonders of my new fav. app....ccleaner! :D

• Moderators

The ability for CCleaner to repair permissions in the registry, either the full registry, or a more simple approach just those invalid entries that can't be removed when doing subsequent re-scans via Issues. This would allow CCleaner to remove things like left-over remnants in the registry that otherwise wouldn't be deletable without manually resetting the permissions which is time consuming, or using DJLizard's DAF. This would in my opinion make the registry cleaner better, and more robust, although still safe.

--------------------

An installation watcher (sort of like Total Uninstall) that can watch an installation and fully remove the installed application when uninstalling it.

May have been covered already.Too many posts to check.

A checkbox for individual custom files and folders?

And maybe a run box which can point to batch files such as clear DNS cache (ipconfig /flushdns).

:)

I think this has been suggested before, but I'd just like to mention it again. It would be great if there's a way for CCleaner to delete old registry back-ups it has created. The registry back-ups have grown that the oldest wouldn't be of any use at all, especially if it is several weeks old already.

It wouldn't be a very popular program if it deleted items critical to your system's performance, now would it?

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

A feature I would find useful would be to add a 'Secure Clean' button next to the 'Run cleaner' button so that I could click 'Run Cleaner' for a quick clean, or click 'Secure clean' if I want to do a secure clean (rather than having to go into the options, change the settings, go back to cleaner page then click 'Run Cleaner', then back into options to change it back)

First of all i would like to say this program is a GREAT program it really does clean my pc.

I was thinking would it be good for CCleaner to have a feature called Defragment? to Defragment your pc?

As the Defragment in Windows Xp is not that good and there are not any free Defragment programs out there that i know of?

Also in the latest version of CCleaner it says it fixed the bug in the registry cleaner of the 3 active x it has not fixed it for me?

I was thinking would it be good for CCleaner to have a feature called Defragment? to Defragment your pc?

As the Defragment in Windows Xp is not that good and there are not any free Defragment programs out there that i know of?

Also in the latest version of CCleaner it says it fixed the bug in the registry cleaner of the 3 active x it has not fixed it for me?

I don't think defrag is relevant to what CCleaner is aimed for.

Plus I would suggest the active-x issue you are experiencing is a permissions issue, not a CCleaner issue. Check this link and try the Dial-a-fix permissions fix: http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix_tips#CCleaner

Corrections to the last three posts:

XP's defragmenter is just fine.

Your browser should have its own 'clean on shutdown' (IE, Opera, and Firefox do). How could CCleaner detect this unless it was running in the background waiting for a browser to shut down? Like I said, not very important since the major browsers already have this feature.

It might be a permissions issue; it's not guaranteed that it is.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

An "Open in RegEdit" option for the Uninstall entries (Tools > Uninstall) would be nice.

The way it is the information is just a bit basic. For example, I had two Uninstall entries called "Snagit 8", and I had to use Regedit to see what subkey contained the corrupted uninstall string.

Your browser should have its own 'clean on shutdown' (IE, Opera, and Firefox do). How could CCleaner detect this unless it was running in the background waiting for a browser to shut down? Like I said, not very important since the major browsers already have this feature.

If you set a browser to "clean" cookies on exit, they clean all cookies, including the ones you tell CCleaner to save. ;)

If I set Firefox to clean up everything except cookies on exit, there's still a bunch of stuff left over for CCleaner to clean, otherwise I wouldn't be running CCleaner everytime I close Firefox. :P

Additionally, if it's "not very important since the major browsers already have this feature" then why does CCleaner have browser cleaner options? :blink: