DennisD?

Robbie

Hi all. I don't post much here these days but do still pop in to the forums now and again. One thing I've noticed is that Dennis doesn't post here any more. He suddenly stopped posting just over a year ago (last posting on 15 October 2014). Has something happened to him? Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find a thread where it was mentioned.

He lives not too far from me (the north east of England) and I'm wondering what has happened to him. Is it bad news? Hopefully he's still OK and has just decided to stop posting.

Hope everyone is keeping OK. All the best.

• Moderators

It seems indeed that DennisD has stopped posting Robbie. As I'm sure you know this happens sometimes in all forums across the net, it's just part of forum life.

Sometimes health or family issues take over, or someone just decides they need to do something else.

We don't know which one it is with Dennis, but one thing we do know is that we all wish him well :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

personally I fear the worse.

surely, from what we can gleam from his posts and long-standing on the forum, he would not be the type to stop posting, cold turkey, without even a by-your-leave.

if I recall correctly, he may have been the person to reply to my first post and was the one who put me onto Macrium Reflect.

plus he was the go-to-guy for image recovery questions.

he is missed.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Yep.  He had a really good record for recovering data.  

More importantly imho, he was one of the bright spots on these forums, always a positive word to say.  

Maybe he will come back.  Hope so.  

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

personally I fear the worse.

surely, from what we can gleam from his posts and long-standing on the forum, he would not be the type to stop posting, cold turkey, without even a by-your-leave.

if I recall correctly, he may have been the person to reply to my first post and was the one who put me onto Macrium Reflect.

plus he was the go-to-guy for image recovery questions.

he is missed.

I think I may have been the first person Dennis sent a PM to. I've still got it and it was sent just a couple of days after he registered here on 1 December 2006. He'd noticed that I live in Newcastle and am a Newcastle United football (soccer) supporter - it's the club badge that's in my avatar. Dennis is also a Newcastle supporter (I think hazelnut is too) and he was lamenting that both his wife and daughter supported Sunderland (who are seen as the local enemy to all Newcastle United supporters!).

I agree with your comment that Dennis isn't the type to suddenly stop posting. He was an active poster right up to 15 October 2014 and not only has he not posted since that date but two minutes after his last post he logged off from these forums and hasn't come back since (or at least not comeback logged in). I just think something has happened to him.

Hopefully though Dennis is fine and he really has just done a vanishing act and has for whatever reason decided to stop posting.

We don't know which one it is with Dennis, but one thing we do know is that we all wish him well  :)

yes, from me too

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Have you tried becoming a detective and tracking him down on faceache?

Assuming that he has a faceache account, most people who post on forums do.

A member of another forum, who had chosen to leave there, tracked me down in this way after he had left and sent me a friend request.

He only had my username, nukecad, plus my first name, my general location and my approximate age garnered from posts.

He did remember something I had said in a post about faceache thinking my hometown was in Scotland when in fact its in Cumbria.

You seem to have a tenuous start there- DennisD (unless thats Dennis-D-Menace), lives in Newcastle, Newcastle fan with a wife and daughter who support Sunderland.

I'm not sure what else you may be able to glean from his posts, or PMs.

Did he mention living in a particular district of Newcastle? His local pub name? Wifes or daughters name?

All little details that could help.

Why not get your detective hat on and have a go?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Have you tried becoming a detective and tracking him down on faceache?

Assuming that he has a faceache account, most people who post on forums do.

A member of another forum, who had chosen to leave there, tracked me down in this way after he had left and sent me a friend request.

He only had my username, nukecad, plus my first name, my general location and my approximate age garnered from posts.

He did remember something I had said in a post about faceache thinking my hometown was in Scotland when in fact its in Cumbria.

You seem to have a tenuous start there- DennisD (unless thats Dennis-D-Menace), lives in Newcastle, Newcastle fan with a wife and daughter who support Sunderland.

I'm not sure what else you may be able to glean from his posts, or PMs.

Did he mention living in a particular district of Newcastle? His local pub name? Wifes or daughters name?

All little details that could help.

Why not get your detective hat on and have a go?

I've not heard of Faceache. Do you mean Facebook?! I wouldn't know where to begin to look as most people use their real names on Facebook and I don't know his surname. There's a Piriform holding page on Facebook but there's no Dennis among the people who are listed as "liking" the page.

Dennis mentioned in his PM that he had moved from Newcastle to Seaham a number of years ago and in a post in this forum in 2010 he again mentioned he was living in Seaham. Seaham is in County Durham and is 6 miles south of Sunderland so the local paper is the Sunderland Echo. A bit morbid on my part perhaps but I checked the death notices for October and November 2014 in both the Sunderland Echo and the (Newcastle) Chronicle but there was nothing I could find there. A handful of people called Dennis were listed in there but all were from Northumberland or the Newcastle area and all were very elderly (aged in their 80s+). Hopefully the reason why there was no entry for him is because he's in decent health and is getting on with life without posting on the Piriform message boards :)

I for one also miss DennisD and his major input to the forum however I respect his privacy and personal space as well as his decision he appears to have made by his silence.

I to hope that all is well with DennisD and look forward to the day that he may decide to return to the Piriform Forum and those who enjoy his input. 

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• 4 weeks later...

I for one also miss DennisD and his major input to the forum however I respect his privacy and personal space as well as his decision he appears to have made by his silence.

I to hope that all is well with DennisD and look forward to the day that he may decide to return to the Piriform Forum and those who enjoy his input. 

I couldn't have said it better myself Tasgandy.  Dennis is a class act and I miss him on Piriform.

• 1 month later...

Just to let people know I've had a PM from DennisD. Without going into detail, I'm posting just to let people know he is OK.

Thanks for the link. I must admit I didn't realise Dennis had posted last week. Good to see him back here!