Beyond belief.

Capman

What the hell is going on in this forum these days?

Why would a discussion such as: SEE HERE get locked?

Are discussion forums not discussion forums any more?

It was not heated in any way, there might of been differences of opinions, but nobody had actually got nasty.

I really do not understand the way the moderators think on here these days, it seems they get a kick out of being over the top. This is one of the sole reasons that I don't post on here very often any more.

What do you guys (moderators that is) do in real life, run away from discussions that are not going your way because there is no way of locking it?

It is so petty minded it is beyond belief!

Oh and by the way... some of us old die hards that still use the program but don't post here any more fought hard to get a slim version...

SEE HERE FOR A VERY OLD THREAD

You can close this topic, delete it or ban me now moderators, whatever takes your fancy.

Oh by the way, this is posted in the lounge... you know the "Discuss anything... relating to anything... software or not." section. :D

• Moderators

Hi Capman,

When it comes to the point where people start DEMANDING that we release graphs of time between releases of full and slim builds something has to give.

As you know we have absolutely no control here on forum of release dates of any of the Piriform software, yet every time there is a new ccleaner release we get posts saying things similar to 'where is the slim build, WTF is going on?'

We try our best to tell folk that they don't actually need to wait for the slim build but to no avail.

Then within a few hours there will be another topic started saying 'where is the slim build?' because some posters don't read any other threads where is has just been talked about.

The analogy to real life discussions doesn't really work for me Capman as most of my friends aren't virtual ones there, and how I deal with forum life bears no relation to my real world.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

How about a pinned topic in the CCleaner Discussion Forum about the slim version? Might save some time, eh?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

The moderator who locked the topic should have explained their reasons for doing so to avoid confusion.

As for sticky/pinned topics it won't work some people are just too lazy to check the forum before posting.

Richard S.

The moderator who locked the topic should have explained their reasons for doing so to avoid confusion.

As for sticky/pinned topics it won't work some people are just too lazy to check the forum before posting.

Richard S.

Yep, probably true, but it would make it easier to reply, just refer the said lazy poster to that topic. Sort of like they do for spyware hell: "Read This First!!...".

If an individual just wants to be obstreperous ( I love that word :P ) then social approbation can be applied.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

I've only just opened this thread, so I'm late to the party as usual.

Yes, I locked the thread, for reasons I thought were self-evident. The question - where is the slim build - had been answered several times from the second post onwards, alternatives for those who can't wait had been offered, and in the end the thread declined into an "It's a big deal, no it isn't" discourse.

This topic continually arises whenever a new CC/Recuva version is released, it can get wearing for experienced forum members. How to get over this I've no idea, as we know that even the most cursory of searches would provide an answer, but is apparently not done.

I'm not sure why you think that moderation here is over the top, Capman: the forum is run quite tightly regarding poor behaviour (which in my opinion is a good thing) but few threads are locked or otherwise constrained, and not I believe for petty or over the top reasons. The balance of mods ensures that.

It was not heated in any way, there might of been differences of opinions, but nobody had actually got nasty.

I will agree that no one BECAME nasty

but Kane3162 was ALWAYS nasty ! ! !

Firstly he hijacked Bruce's topic about Slim CCleaner with his grievance about delays to Slim Defraggler.

Secondly he did not care about being rude in his demands, to quote :-

So just to put it bluntly, im not trying to be rude (comes out like that anyway, dont really care, face to face gives a totally different feeling then reading plain text), but heres your reply, fixed:

"When a new build of any freeware by piriform is released it is always about a month or so later that a slim build appears."

Thirdly he grossly exaggerates about the delay for each release of each Piriform product.

Hazelnut objected to his hijacking of a CCleaner topic with Defraggler complaints.

Fourthly, he jumped all over Hazelnut, concluding his broadside with

since it has been proven time and time again recently, that "a few days" is definitely NOT the truth

Fifthly, he concluded by recognising that he has made these demands in the past and that they resulted in heated exchanges,

and demanded that is was Piriform's responsibility to avoid the heat by publishing a count down timer :-

EDIT2: I have said it a few times before as well, but a neat little countdown timer would be cool/prevent these posts on the forums if it where placed on the "builds" page, but since this has been basically ignored and the difference in post dates for the slim build, that its posted more of "on a whim" and not 'on a schedule" so to speak

I think Augeas did the right thing.

If he had not locked the topic then Kane might have continued with further belligerence and the silent majority would sharpen pitchforks.

• Moderators

The question - where is the slim build - had been answered several times

It's been answered several times in the past few months as well with the last several versions. It gets very old very quick with every release to re-explain it again, and again.

....it could quickly be resolved on the web site by putting a section for the SLIM or U3 version and either Coming Soon or Not Available directly next to it.

You can't complain on a web site but you can on a forum.

25qd6wl.jpg

Had not thought about it, but of course you're going to get them same questions over and over...sometimes from ornery jerks, sometimes from innocent newbies.

Well then, dern it, either do what Tr3bg0D said or what I said, then the moderator can easily refer them to a link. If they still get ornery, zap'em. :P

By the way, it does set a bit easier after Augeas explained the reasons.

Friendly is real important, imho. You can't learn much from someone who isn't talking, and you don't make money by running customers off.

Then within a few hours there will be another topic started saying 'where is the slim build?' because some posters don't read any other threads where is has just been talked about.

Ok, so I can see why you guys may get a little trigger happy with the lock button when that is the case.

How about a pinned topic in the CCleaner Discussion Forum about the slim version? Might save some time, eh?

Pinned and locked but with just enough information to say that slim builds are released a few days later than the other builds, because the developers do need to concentrate on getting the builds out that enables them to put food on the table and pay their bills.

Agreed. I guess I got peeved because I saw the thread, decided to contribute about how some of us fought hard to get the slim build. Spent quite a bit of time searching for a very old topic that I could link to, and by time I got back it had been locked.

I'm not sure why you think that moderation here is over the top, Capman

Because I do seriously feel that a lot of topics are locked prematurely.

but Kane3162 was ALWAYS nasty ! ! !

Firstly he hijacked Bruce's topic about Slim CCleaner with his grievance about delays to Slim Defraggler.

Secondly he did not care about being rude in his demands,

Thirdly he grossly exaggerates about the delay for each release of each Piriform product.

Hazelnut objected to his hijacking of a CCleaner topic with Defraggler complaints.

Fourthly, he jumped all over Hazelnut, concluding his broadside with

Fifthly, he concluded by recognising that he has made these demands in the past and that they resulted in heated exchanges,

and demanded that is was Piriform's responsibility to avoid the heat by publishing a count down timer :-

This was all very informative Alan and maybe I should read the forums a bit more thoroughly before jumping in with my opinion.

....it could quickly be resolved on the web site by putting a section for the SLIM or U3 version and either Coming Soon or Not Available directly next to it.

You can't complain on a web site but you can on a forum.

Very good idea.

Wow. Glad I didn't ask about the slim build.

hahaha

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=30985

It's been in there for a while :o

Trying to find it in there is no easy task.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=30985

It's been in there for a while :o

Ahhh, well...egg on the face again... :( ...guess Redhawk was right.

Edit, well, on second thought, not too much egg ... it is hard to see.

I'm a much newer member here and I've never spoken to Capman, I know almost nothing about the earlier history of this forum and it may look like I'm not even worthy to post on this thread but I think this is still possibly the friendliest forum I've been on even so I have trouble accessing this forum nowadays so you don't see me here quite often anymore.

I've only joined a few forums but there was one forum that a lot of diehard members have actually been given a moderator sort of badge but I felt these guys were arrogant on times and they seem to have made an exclusive club that unless you are one of the revered insiders its easy for them to have you berated on discussions. There was also a lot of discussions there that I had lots of heated arguments and now I don't visit there anymore cause I'm too lazy and I didn't like the atmosphere in there anymore. Thankfully that was not the case in here.

The mods on this forum are no perfect to me, I mean nobody is but when I was active here, I felt they have done their job pretty well because not only do they "moderate" the forums but they add up topics here in The Lounge to stir up some excitement as well and maybe that gives us a clue to their interests in real life.

Whatever furious arguments have gone up in the past, its over. Though arguments still happen occasionally, its a different story now. I felt that a lot of us have moved on.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

I'm a much newer member here and I've never spoken to Capman, I know almost nothing about the earlier history of this forum and it may look like I'm not even worthy to post on this thread but I think this is still possibly the friendliest forum I've been on even so I have trouble accessing this forum nowadays so you don't see me here quite often anymore.

I've only joined a few forums but there was one forum that a lot of diehard members have actually been given a moderator sort of badge but I felt these guys were arrogant on times and they seem to have made an exclusive club that unless you are one of the revered insiders its easy for them to have you berated on discussions. There was also a lot of discussions there that I had lots of heated arguments and now I don't visit there anymore cause I'm too lazy and I didn't like the atmosphere in there anymore. Thankfully that was not the case in here.

The mods on this forum are no perfect to me, I mean nobody is but when I was active here, I felt they have done their job pretty well because not only do they "moderate" the forums but they add up topics here in The Lounge to stir up some excitement as well and maybe that gives us a clue to their interests in real life.

Whatever furious arguments have gone up in the past, its over. Though arguments still happen occasionally, its a different story now. I felt that a lot of us have moved on.

We're all human ishi, but we all do our best, and I'm sorry to hear that you have trouble accessing the forums.

I wish we could fix that for you.

And please note, you're worthy enough to reply to, or join in, any thread or discussion. :)

• Moderators

And please note, you're worthy enough to reply to, or join in, any thread or discussion. :)

The same sentiments from me as well. We all learn from each other, and this forum has a wealth of knowledgeable people on it willing to give their free time to help one another, there's always something new to learn.

We'll build you a beer lounge to entice you to visit more often.;)

Now there's a novel idea, we'd have to learn to write with a slur though, lol.

I'm a much newer member here and I've never spoken to Capman, I know almost nothing about the earlier history of this forum and it may look like I'm not even worthy to post on this thread

Nice to meet you Ishi, you were more than welcome to post in here, as is anyone else. I thank you for your input.

"Now there's a novel idea, we'd have to learn to write with a slur though, lol."

˙uɐɔ ı ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ op llıʍ