December Desktops

DennisD

Love it, Dennis. I'm torn between a few for my desktop this month. Maybe I'll just post all of them instead of just one. haha

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

52129759172389.gif

The 90's kid in me is raging - oh yeah

The original ?Power Rangers? return in 2010

News | by Albert Valentin

After months of speculation, Disney and Bandai made an official announcement that the hit 1993 series MIGHTY MORPHIN? POWER RANGERS will make its official return to television in January 2010.

MIGHTY MORPHIN? POWER RANGERS was the Americanized version of the 1992 Super Sentai Series KYORYU SENTAI ZYURANGER. The story of MMPR revolved around five teens from the fictional city of Angel Grove who gain the powers to become the Power Rangers in their quest against the evil Rita Repulsa.

The original series starred Austin St. John, the late Thuy Trang, David Yost, Walter Jones, and Amy Jo Johnson as the original Power Rangers, with upcoming mixed martial arts fighter Jason David Frank joining the cast mid-way through the first season as Tommy, the Green/White Ranger.

The original MMPR series, owned by Saban Entertainment, lasted from 1993 to 1996 on Fox Kids, followed by more Power Rangers series, which were in turned the Americanized versions of the previous year?s Super Sentai Series. Disney acquired the Power Rangers from Saban Entertainment in 2001 and began airing more Power Rangers series on the former Toon Disney/Jetix (now Disney XD).

The current Power Rangers series, POWER RANGERS RPM, looks to end its series run in either late December or early January on ABC Kids and will officially mark the end of the Power Rangers universe to begin the return of the series that started it all.

The return of the MIGHTY MORPHIN? POWER RANGERS is being reshown to a new generation of fans who may have missed out on seeing the original series. This will give fans of the more recent series a look at the series that started it all as well as bring back a sense of nostalgia for fans who saw the original series back nearly seventeen years ago.

Meanwhile, Bandai, the toy company who have made all of the Power Rangers action figures, announced that they will unveil fifteen new action figures revolving around the original Power Rangers.

AJ

• 2 weeks later...
OMFG good times. I remember the red ranger, rockey leaving, and then coming back as the gold ranger. Aw man :P

jesus christ, i just watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfOACVCOJsM

forgot all about them, good times as a kid

No fate but what we make