Quick way to bring up Task Manager

knotwurthy

Right click on an OPEN area of task bar to the right of the "start" and "quick start" area and the left of the "notification tray" to access the Task manager and do other tasks. Must be on an OPEN area in the blue bar, not on a running task. Works on XP and Vista. Not sure about other Windows Op. Systems.

• Moderators
Right click on an OPEN area of task bar to the right of the "start" and "quick start" area and the left of the "notification tray" to access the Task manager and do other tasks. Must be on an OPEN area in the blue bar, not on a running task. Works on XP and Vista. Not sure about other Windows Op. Systems.

Always done it that way as I find it easier than ctrl-alt-delete.

It's all about personal preference :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

It's great to see discussion on this. Thanks for all of the other suggestions. I had to find an easier way to do it because my left arm and hand is in a cast for a while.

I think I will play with starting Task Manager at Boot up, due to suggestions mentioned here. Would be interesting to see what processes are using the most CPU time during boot up.

Thank you all for participating.This is a good forum!

Steve

Put in Process Explorer and than select it to replace Task manager in the options. Than what ever method you use to bring up Task Manager you will get Process Explorer which is what Task Manger should have been like in the first place. :P

Good idea, Thank you.

...I had to find an easier way to do it because my left arm and hand is in a cast for a while.

I can't use my left hand for a while, therefore I needed another method. (I tried using my right hand and nose to do Alt-Ctrl-Del <_< with no success)

I like the 'Process Explorer' suggestion. It has great features. :D

A few people have been caught with no tabs in taskmanager, myself included. :rolleyes:

Double clicking within an empty border of taskmanager and it runs in "kiosk mode" (no tabs), an absolutely useless feature that has caught quite a few unaware.

Double clicking again within an empty border gets your tabs back.