PerfectDisk vs. DiskKepper

Vanguard382

For me Contig by System internals is the best defragmenter by far no fancy menus which you don't need and its free. Download Contig then download Power Defragmenter Gui place them in the same folder and double click power dragmenter. Believe me you will be amazed by the speed. I also had trouble defragmenting some files with both windows defragmenter diskeeper which are now defragged, it also required no installation and only weights in at 550Kb. Contig along with PageDefrag which defrags all of those system files etc which can also be set to run every time windows starts and it only takes like 30 seconds or so. Again its only 100Kb and requires no installation.

i think that Mark Russovich(the maker of the sysinternals software) works at microsoft. because on sysinternals.com, there's a link to buy a book from him. what's interesting is that it says Microsoft on top :)

also Process Explorer owns. i even replaced Windows Task Manager with Process Explorer :)

I have been using Contig with the Power Defragmenter Gui since englishmen recommended it in the freeware thread, but have now been using PerfectDisk for a couple of days, and I am sure I have noticed a big difference, I don't even hear the hard disk whirring round any more, so I think I will probably buy it at the end of the 30 day trial, (and it is unusual for me to pay for software).

Going to put it on my son's laptop now to see if it gives that a much needed sort out.

PerfectDisk gets my vote. Diskeeper's defragmenting process might be faster than PerfectDisk's, but the quality of Diskeeper's defragmentation is horrible. I couldn't even tell if defragmenting w/Diskeeper really did anything to my computer. The only rant I have about PerfectDisk is the time it takes to defrag.

P.S. I have also heard great things about O&O Defrag..haven't personally tried it but plan on testing it when my new laptop comes in. :D

PerfectDisk gets my vote.  Diskeeper's defragmenting process might be faster than PerfectDisk's, but the quality of Diskeeper's defragmentation is horrible.  I couldn't even tell if defragmenting w/Diskeeper really did anything to my computer.  The only rant I have about PerfectDisk is the time it takes to defrag.

P.S. I have also heard great things about O&O Defrag..haven't personally tried it but plan on testing it when my new laptop comes in. :D

PerfectDisk for me as well... :D