My new glasses

YoKenny

I was finally able to afford an eye test and purchase new glasses as I had not had my eyes checked in over 10 years and my old glasses left me seeing fuzzy in the distance.

They are amazing as they have flexible Titanium frames and light glass that I must be careful with to not scratch. I was given a complete cleaning kit plus a free 6 month supply of extended wear contact lenses.

The good news is that I don't have signs of Glaucoma and my eyesight had improved because I had not been wearing the glasses much because of the fuzzy distance problem.

It was easier to not wear the glasses as I kept loosing them when I took them off to read stuff close up even though I had straps to let them dangle while they weren't being worn but they always got in the way.

But I need reading glasses to read the computer monitor :( but I would rather put up with this minor inconvenience and besides they make me look distinguished and scholarly.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Nice to hear you're fitted out with a nice new pair Kenny. As a glasses wearer myself I know how important they are for making life that bit easier.

Oh, and thanks, because of reading your post and google, I now know that Snellen charts are used for eye tests :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

YoKenny, what's the grade of your eyeglasses? Does your glasses have a coating to reduce/block radiation coming from computer monitors, have silicon rubber thingy that clings on the nose bridge that keeps the glasses from falling?

For me, I was diagnosed with astigmatism. I kept on wondering about why are my sight somehow unaligned yet stay sharp? Also the grade of my eyeglasses is around 174. I thank my habit of consuming vitamin A capsules.

:D

I wear glasses but refuse to wear them all the time, I think this has caused a slow down in deterioration for me, when I got my eyes tested in 2006 which was the first time since 1996, they had only got ever so slightly worse. The optician said that if my old glasses weren't so much out of fashion I could of got away without getting new ones.

• Moderators

I wear glasses also. I find I only really need them for reading digital displays like on a DVD player across the room, for the computer, and when driving - other than that I think they give me more headaches and eyestrain when wearing them which must mean I really need a new prescription.

I wear glasses also. I find I only really need them for reading digital displays like on a DVD player across the room, for the computer, and when driving - other than that I think they give me more headaches and eyestrain when wearing them which must mean I really need a new prescription.

Yeah it sounds that way.

As YoKenny says we must all look very distinguished. Scholarly who knows? They come in all packages.

Capmans and Tunrez advice is also very good.

I haven't had a new pair or prescription in maybe 8 years.

I lost one lens due to a violent dream and after a few days I could see better without it. :lol:

Sad to say I am a bi-focal kid of guy but like Capman sometimes not wearing them all the time seems to be beneficial.

See you scholars later,

:) davey A few centuries ago,we would all have been dead meat by now.Lions and tigers and bears and such.Especially the such. :o

YoKenny, what's the grade of your eyeglasses? Does your glasses have a coating to reduce/block radiation coming from computer monitors, have silicon rubber thingy that clings on the nose bridge that keeps the glasses from falling?
They indicate -1.75.

They don't have any special coating but I will wear the contacts outside and wear my sunglasses that make me look like Dale Gribble of King of the Hill but I would never wear a ball hat:

http://www.fox.com/kingofthehill/bios/dale.htm

They are so light that they seem to just float on my nose.

For me, I was diagnosed with astigmatism. I kept on wondering about why are my sight somehow unaligned yet stay sharp? Also the grade of my eyeglasses is around 174. I thank my habit of consuming vitamin A capsules.

:D

I used to have astigmatism but the doctor never mentioned it this time.

I take multi vitamins that have 2 types of vitamin A plus I like raw carrots.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

great to see we're a well focussed community here people! good on yous.

my prescription thankfully hasn't changed for quite some years now; which is always good news.

this forum is truly well managed, responsive, informative, creative and above all its ease in access.... carry on with the great work !!

Regds to all

• Moderators

I use reading glasses and they are the bane of my life.

Is it just me, or do you, when you see someone reading a paper or a book without glasses, think "I hate you for being able to do that". :lol:

Trouble is, they're not just reading glasses. They're "eat your dinner, and focus on what you're eating" glasses. "Hit a nail instead of your finger" glasses. "Find the slot on a screw first time" glasses.

The list goes on, doesn't it.

I keep my old specs as they're perfect for reading the pc monitor, which is too far away for my reading glasses, and too close for my eyes.

And if you're reading this without glasses, yep, I hate ya.

• Moderators
Trouble is, they're not just reading glasses. They're "eat your dinner, and focus on what you're eating" glasses. "Hit a nail instead of your finger" glasses. "Find the slot on a screw first time" glasses.

That's a good way of looking at it, with glasses on of course. :lol:

I was a kid and I had not had my eyes checked in like 8 to 10 years.
I guess I was about 15 when I was asked to go for an eye test because I always sat at the front of the class and squinted to see the board to write down the notes.

I had to get glasses and because I was a bit of a nerd they suited me but I didn't get headaches if I wore them in class to take notes.

When I got a job I tried hard contact lenses but they really bugged me and soft lenses were just coming out so I got those and they were great but required a rigorous cleaning method each night involving rinsing them in saline disinfectant solution and leaving them in a special heating unit overnight.

The soft contact lenses have vastly improved so that I am able to wear them for about 3 days and they don't bother me.

IE7Pro user

I use reading glasses and they are the bane of my life.

Is it just me, or do you, when you see someone reading a paper or a book without glasses, think "I hate you for being able to do that". :lol:

The list goes on, doesn't it.

I keep my old specs as they're perfect for reading the pc monitor, which is too far away for my reading glasses, and too close for my eyes.

And if you're reading this without glasses, yep, I hate ya.

Yeah,I can't stand not being able to see things(even in the dark) like I used to. Ticks me off too !!!

Now Dennis,let's be positive.Ah well,it helps us to understand other shortcomings also.

:) davey

P.S. Never did have a problem with hitting my finger with the hammer.Man,I hate when that happens.

Never missed my finger,yet. :lol:

nice choice of frames. i've been looking into a new pair too, kind of getting bored with what i have. i'm leaning towards montreal eyewear brand fysh. not sure if i'm totally sold on it yet though, it's a little out there in terms of designs.

Site takes ages to load.

Not sure if you are really thinking about having these glasses genkav or just pushing them.

Do you mean like some kind of phishing expedition?

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Not sure if you are really thinking about having these glasses genkav or just pushing them.

Eyewear/glasses spam on a software forum. :lol:

I don't think it's spam personally, which is why I left the post alone earlier when I noticed it.

I still have eyes like an eagle, get tested every year. Funny thing is, my wife is an optician and neither of us or any of our kids need or wear glasses. She should have been a dentist.......:)

Nice to hear you're fitted out with a nice new pair Kenny. As a glasses wearer myself I know how important they are for making life that bit easier.

Oh, and thanks, because of reading your post and google, I now know that Snellen charts are used for eye tests