What kind of email do you use?

• Moderators

Depends on what I'm doing.

If its for signing up for stuff I use one of my yahoo emails. If its for speaking to people/helping people on the internet I give them my main yahoo account, and if its for real life friends/school I use my gmail.

I have my Gmail forwarded to my ISP account so I can check both at the same time. I also have a Yahoo account, Email.com, Hotmail, and 2 with Mail2world.com. I use Gmail mostly for web sites and the ISP for personal stuff.

Some sites that require your email address, will not accept an address from a free webmail account like Yahoo or Hotmail. That's where Mail2world comes in handy. They let you make up your own domain name and it gets past the webmail filters.

• Moderators

I've been using one web-based email account for I think roughly four years now it's Opera Mail which doesn't get anywhere near the spam I was dealing with on Hotmail ("SpamMail"). The only annoyance with Opera Mail is that every now and then it displays a page to upgrade to the premium version, but since I don't use email all that often maybe once per month it's only a minor annoyance, but if I used it everyday I would've already switched to something else.

Oh yeah I've been through several ISP's AOL, Juno, AT&T (now MediaCom), InterLink, Netscape, and now Qwest and I've only used the email accounts they provided just for support issues. Netscape was the worst for feeling up the email inbox with useless s**t and promos I could care less about, and I doubt I'll ever log into my Qwest email since I hate the provider they use which is MSN Hotmail ("SpamMail").

Yahoo for signups.

OE and my ISP for personal.

Funny thing is I get more spam through my ISP account than Yahoo.Probably due to "spam dictionary attacks".

Still this spam never gets on to my puter as Palmail shows what mail is at my server and deletes what I select.

Then I open OE to retrieve any wanted mail.

• Moderators

Have one at opera but after sending 2 test mails to a family member, have recieved 2 spam mails already. Will not be using this account again.

They now have a report spam button in the email system, although I haven't used it yet as my filters I typed into it pretty much stop most spam and only 1-3 get through about once per month. Actually come to think of it I haven't had a spam email through Opera Mail for several months now.

My email situation has changed over a few months. Now I use my hotmail as my junk email account (e.g. when I sign up for things.). My gmail is my regular account. Then I have my university account that I have to use too. I actually have 2 gmail accounts. My gmails and university email are forwarded to my phone as text messeges so that I receive those right away, so I don't need Outlook or Thunderbird anymore. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Very good topic . ( for Me anyway.) I just swithched ISP,s. & am eveidently stuck with outlook express. & its causing Me a lot of grief. I cant send email to My Sis , without replying to one of Hers. But I receive Hers Ok,. also I belong to some kustom auto painting boards. & tryed to update My profile with the new email addy. Now I cant get in them cuz I never received the verification #,s . & when I try to open a new account it says my email is allready being used. I,ve used hotmail before but had problems with them. I have no Idea what gmail is, but have been offered to be listed or something any ideas. I,m not trying to change this thread by any means. it just seemed like a good place to post this. Thanks. Cowboy

I use my Gmail account for almost everything. I upgraded to them from Yahoo! because they seemed to be the better free email account in almost every category. I have an ISP account, but I never check it because it's set to forward all messages to my Gmail account.

I use my Yahoo! account for garbage mail and a few newsletters I signed up for eons ago. I check the Yahoo! account maybe every other week. I do like some things about Yahoo!'s new interface (they set it up sort of like MS Outlook), but it still doesn't compare to my Gmail account in features, like custom filters (I use those alot!).

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Very good topic . ( for Me anyway.) I just swithched ISP,s. & am eveidently stuck with outlook express. & its causing Me a lot of grief. I cant send email to My Sis , without replying to one of Hers. But I receive Hers Ok,. also I belong to some kustom auto painting boards. & tryed to update My profile with the new email addy. Now I cant get in them cuz I never received the verification #,s . & when I try to open a new account it says my email is allready being used. I,ve used hotmail before but had problems with them. I have no Idea what gmail is, but have been offered to be listed or something any ideas. I,m not trying to change this thread by any means. it just seemed like a good place to post this. Thanks. Cowboy

I have about 50 gmail invites. If you want an invite just PM me an email address to send it to.

(Verification numbers are usually filtered as junk mail. I'd bet that's where yours are) ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I have way too many and in the process of phasing some of them out.

1 x MSN, 3 x Y!, 1 x Charter (ISP), 1 x (Website), 1 x Gmail.

Now the MSN one I don't use, 3 Yahoos will be cut down to 1 in the near future. My ISP email I don't use. My website one, I get very lil traffic on it and the same for my Gmail.

Being a IT Professional you have to have a way for clients to get a hold of you so that explains some of the reasons why I have so many emails.

I sent you an invite Cowboy maybe that will work out for you till you get your ISP based mail program sorted out.

My ISP allows me up to 10 e-mail accounts at any one time so I regularly use 3 for various purposes and sometimes create a temporary for registrations, etc. All 3 long therm accounts download automatically into Outlook so I don't have to check them separately.

Cowboy if your having problems with outlook express I suggest you take their offer up on that gmail account. Then download thunderbird:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Gmail has very good help files on how to use it with thunderbird. :)

Why use Thunderbird when FireFox has an awesome gmail notifier extention? It eliminates the need for another app. kwim?

Yep it beat the heck outa Me to rridgley, kinda like some of the names on this forum, Jus kiddin. but thanks for the thunderbird link. I aint sure what I,m gonna do but I DO know outlook expess inhales, if You know what I mean. But thanks to the ones that hooked me up with gmail. At least I can comunicate with the outside world. Thanks again to all. Cowboy .

P.s net zero,s history & not another freeze or problem & the puters faster than ever. (sorry but They sent Me stuff 50 times a day saying I can make 30 bucks every time I told someone about them ).