The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

nodles

Hmmm, I can see one or two sites where this might be of use, but in general that sounds like a horrible feature. If I close a site, I'm done with it, I don't want it nagging me to come back every five mins <_<

I do find it bizarre that Mozilla spent the last year or two stripping out functionality in the name of streamlining the browser, yet keep chucking in new tosh like this.

GroupMe supports this, which for now I have enabled, as I use GroupMe via the browser pretty often and it's nice to not have to keep an active tab open just to check it. I wonder if this will compete with RSS feeds in any sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another bugfix release (making a slight mockery of the supposed major version numbering they adopted), version 43.0.3:

- Fix network issue when using Nvidia's Network Access Manager
- On some Windows configurations, improve the decoding of some videos on YouTube

Version 43.0.4 released on 6. Januar 2016

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

43.0.3 never got offered on mine, I'm presuming it was pulled for some reason (and re-released fixed as 43.0.4 perhaps?)

I haven't seen anything that suggests that, but it seems that 43.0.4 is largely to unbreak HTTPS due to firewalls/etc (not to mention malware) using SHA-1

https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2016/01/06/man-in-the-middle-interfering-with-increased-security/

also fixed:

[*]#1235537 [Core:General]-startup crash in banksafe.dll on Firefox 43.0.3 with G Data Security Software [Win][]

[*]#1233434 [Core:Networking: File]-Linux: temporary download directory is not created specifically for each user [Lin][]

I haven't seen anything that suggests that

Neither have I, but every time I tried to update to 0.3 it said there were no updates available (last time I tried was yesterday), and visiting mozilla it stated I was using the most recent version. Very strange.

i downloaded it manually ... after updateinfo pops up

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 3 weeks later...
Version 44.0, January 26, 2016

New
  • Screenshot commands allow user choice of pixel ratio in Developer Tools

• Support the brotli compression format via HTTPS content-encoding

• In the animation-inspector timeline, lightning bolt icon next to animations running on the compositor thread

• Enable WebM/VP9 video support on systems that don't support MP4/H.264

• Enable H.264 if system decoder is available

• Improved warning pages for certificate errors and untrusted connections

Fixed
Changed
  • On-screen keyboard support temporarily turned off for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

• Stricter validation of web fonts

• Firefox will no longer trust the Equifax Secure Certificate Authority 1024-bit root certificate or the UTN - DATACorp SGC to validate secure website certificates

• Firefox has removed support for the RC4 decipher

• Use a SHA-256 signing certificate for Windows builds, to meet new signing requirements

• To support unicode-range descriptor for webfonts, font matching under Linux now uses the same font matching code as other platforms

• Moderators

http://venturebeat.com/2016/01/26/firefox-44-arrives-with-push-notifications-that-sites-can-send-even-after-users-close-the-page/

Unlike Firefox’s existing web notifications, you can receive push notifications even when the website is not loaded in a tab. “This is super useful for websites like email, weather, social networks and shopping, which you might check frequently for updates,” Mozilla explained.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

version 44.0.1; 08. februar 2016

Fixed
  • Fix issue which could lead to the removal of stored passwords under certain circumstances (1242176)

• Allows spaces in cookie names (1244505)

• Disable opus/vorbis audio with H.264 (1245696)

• Require NSS 3.21 (1244069)

• Ship the Gecko SDK (1243740)

• Fix for graphics startup crash (GNU/Linux) (1222171)

• Fix a crash in cache networking (1244076)

• Fix using WebSockets in service worker controlled pages (1243942)

version 44.0.2; 11. februar 2016

Fixed

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Firefox Add-on YouTube Unblocker blocked by Mozilla

Mozilla banned the popular Firefox add-on YouTube Unblocker yesterday after it was confirmed that it tampers with Firefox security preferences, and downloads and installs an unrelated add-on from an unofficial website.

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/03/03/beware-firefox-add-on-youtube-unblocker-put-on-blocklist/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thanks for that. Though not for the obvious reason. Didn't realising the disabling of unsigned addons had been delayed to FF46, been putting off updating to FF44 (when that was originally due) till my last few unsigned addons became signed. So back up to date now ^_^

version 45.0; 08. March 2016

New
  • Instant browser tab sharing through Hello

• Tabs synced via Firefox Accounts from other devices are now shown in dropdown area of Awesome Bar when searching

• Synced Tabs button in button bar

• Introduce a new preference (network.dns.blockDotOnion) to allow blocking .onion at the DNS level

• Guarani [gn] locale added

Fixed
  • URLs containing a Unicode-format Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) are now properly redirected

• Various security fixes

Changed
Developer

Developer Information -->

HTML5
unresolved
  • On-screen keyboard support was temporarily turned off for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

• 2 weeks later...

version 45.0.1; 16. March 2016

Fixed
  • Fix a potential performance regression (Youtube for example) (1220502)

• Fix a regression causing search engine settings to be lost in some context (1254694)

• Bring back non-standard jar: URIs to fix a regression in IBM iNotes (1255139)

• XSLTProcessor.importStylesheet was failing when <import> was used (1249572)

• Fix an issue which could cause the list of search provider to be empty (1255605)

• Fix a regression when using the location bar (1254503)

• Fix some loading issues when Accept third-party cookies: was set to Never (1254856)

Changed
  • Disabled Graphite font shaping library

• 4 weeks later...

version 45.0.2; 11. April 2016

Fixed
  • Fix an issue impacting the cookie header when third-party cookies are blocked (1257861)

• Fix a web compatibility regression impacting the srcset attribute of the image tag (1259482)

• Fix a regression with the copy and paste with some old versions of some Gecko applications like Thunderbird (1254980)

• Fix a crash impacting the video playback with Media Source Extension (1258562)

• Fix a regression impacting some specific uploads (1255735)

• 2 weeks later...

version 46.0; 26. April 2016

New

• Improved security of the JavaScript Just In Time (JIT) Compiler
  • GTK3 integration (GNU/Linux only)

Fixed

• Correct rendering for scaled SVGs that use a clip and a mask
  • Various security fixes
  • Screen reader behavior with blank spaces in Google Docs corrected

Changed

• WebRTC fixes to improve performance and stability

Developer

Developer Information-->

HTML5

Update 46.0.1, May 4, 2016

• Add-on signing certificate expiration (Bug 1267318)

• Service worker update issue (Bug 1267733)

• Build issue when jit is disabled (Bug 1266366)

• Page loading issue related to antivirus software (Bug 1268922)

• Search plugin issue for various locales (Bug 1246494)

• Limit Sync registration updates (Bug 1262312)

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

• Moderators

Yesterday I got the pop-up saying that FF 46.0.1 was available to download, I was busy at the time so declined it.

Today when I check in the browser it says that my 45.0.2 is up to date.
(Although if I go to the Mozilla download page it still gives- "Looks like you’re using an older version of Firefox").

There are a few issues posted today on the Mozilla user forum about 46.0.1 causing some site login, mouse control, Flash, and other problems.

It looks like the FF automatic updating/notifying may have been withdrawn for now, you may want to give it a few days before updating.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Yesterday I got the pop-up saying that FF 46.0.1 was available to download, I was busy at the time so declined it.

Today when I check in the browser it says that my 45.0.2 is up to date.
(Although if I go to the Mozilla download page it still gives- "Looks like you’re using an older version of Firefox").

There are a few issues posted today on the Mozilla user forum about 46.0.1 causing some site login, mouse control, Flash, and other problems.

It looks like the FF automatic updating/notifying may have been withdrawn for now, you may want to give it a few days before updating.

All working fine here (touch wood)