scam? maybe? maybe not?

Lyronx

capturegvh.jpg

You have got to be joking?.........I hope you are not seriously suggesting that this is genuine? good God man, you are an Aussie!, with all the publicity on radio, TV, newspapers, magazine and the Net over the past 12 months, warning people of all ages (and people are still getting caught) NOT to be taken in by these scams.

Maybe, just maybe your purpose here was to warn people? I certainly hope so. ;)

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

looks legit to me, I may just contact them myself :-)

tbh i do some times, well once or twice, for the lo

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

Actually I work for Ali Abu so if you send me the money first I make sure he gets it.

Why in the heck would you even question the legitimacy of this SMH

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

CONTACT BANK OF AMERICA ( Transaction code: EA2948-910)

Robert Mueller ( FBI Director) <mueller@fbi.org>

Add to Contacts

To:

Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division

FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C.

Federal Bureau of Investigation

J. Edgar Hoover Building

Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

Telephone Number: (206) 973-2572

Attn: Beneficiary.

This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have thoroughly completed an Investigation with the help of our Intelligence Monitoring Network System that you legally won the sum of $800,000.00 USD from the Bank of America Online Balloting System, which was held at the Bank of America Corporate Center in Charlotte, NC. During our investigation we discovered that your e-mail was one of the 8 Lucky Addresses in this New Year Balloting Program that won the money. Your Winnings have been deposited at the Bank of America (Bank Address: 1375 N Citrus Ave, Covina, CA 91722) and the Bank have been authorized to pay you via a Certified Cashier's Check drawn from the Bank of America.I wish to congratulate you on your winnings; your email address was among those chosen during the Bank of America Online balloting from the new Java-based software that randomly selects email addresses from the web from which winners are selected.

Normally, it will take up to 4 business days for a Bank of America Check to be cleared, cashed and remitted into your account by another local bank. We have successfully notified the banks on your behalf that funds are to be drawn from our registered bank (Bank of America) so as to enable you cash the check instantly without any delay, henceforth the stated amount of $800,000.00 USD has been deposited with our bank, Bank Of America in COVINA, CALIFORNIA.

We have completed this investigation and you are hereby approved to receive the certified cashier's check into your personal account as we have verified the entire transaction to be Safe and 100% risk free, due to the fact that the funds is with Bank Of America you will be required to settle the following bills directly to the Bank of America Agent in-charge of this transaction whom is located in Covina, California, United States of America. According to the directives, you are required to pay for the following -

(1) Deposit Fee's (Fee's paid to setup a new account for the beneficiary by the Bank of America)

(2) Courier Delivery Fee (Fee paid to deliver the check through UPS delivery to your designated address)

(3) Insurance Fee (This is the fee paid by bank to insure the check before been deposited at the bank to avoid any deduction)

The total amount for everything is $750.00 (Seven Hundred and Fifty-US Dollars). We have tried our possible best to indicate that this $750.00 should be deducted from your winning prize but we found out that the funds have already been insured and deposited at Bank Of America, Centralia, Washington and cannot be accessed by anyone apart from you the beneficiary, therefore you will be required to pay the required fee's to the Agent in-charge of this transaction via Western Union Money Transfer Or Money Gram.

In order to proceed with this transaction, you will be required to contact the agent in-charge (Mr. James Dunn) via e-mail.

Kindly look below to find appropriate contact information:

Contact Agent Name: MR. JAMES DUNN (Senior Personal Banker)

E-mail Address: james.dunn@post.ro

Telephone Number: (415) 871-0744

Bank of America: 1375 N Citrus Ave, Covina, CA 91722.

You will also be required to e-mail him with the following information:

FULL NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP CODE:

DIRECT CONTACT NUMBER:

ANY FORM OF IDENTITY:

You will also be required to request Western Union details on how to send the required $750.00 in order to immediately deliver your Funds of $800,000.00 USD via Certified Cashier's Check drawn from Bank Of America, also include the following transaction code in order for him to immediately identify this transaction : EA2948-910.

This letter will serve as proof that the Federal Bureau Of Investigation is authorizing you to pay the required $750.00 ONLY to Mr. JAMES DUNN via information in which he shall send to you, if you do not receive your winning prize of $800,000.00 we shall be held responsible for the loss and this shall invite a penalty of $8,000 which will be made PAYABLE ONLY to you (The Winner).

Due to the confidentiality of this matter, I decided to contact you privately to avoid imposters.

Please find below an authorized signature which has been signed by the FBI Director- Robert Mueller, also below is the FBI NSB (National Security).

ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS.

FBI Director

Robert Mueller.

1375 N Citrus Ave, Covina, CA 91722 - :P

Google Street view!

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

I'm out of popcorn :(

Richard S.

LMAO.

Do you think we're being kidded by a bored Aussie? ;)

Might be fun to actually write this crap:

IMPORTANT! DO NOT LOG OFF, YOU ARE NOW VERY RICH! (and I hope very stupid :lol: )

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

This has got to be one of those banking scams from Africa. If it includes a phone number, you call the number, then a man in a weird accent speaks, this has got to be from Africa.

I have met a guy who says he was about to be scammed by some African man who had a weird accent by the phone. They often had excuses of their bank is about to be bankrupt or they wanted to make partnerships and that sort of thing but this is a very common form of scam yet people still do get victimized by these nowadays.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Hi Lyronx. I just wanted to say that I hope you don't feel too embarrassed because you didn't realize that this was a common scam. Many many people who are fairly new to the online world have fallen for these type of scams. The important thing is that now you know! "Never ever ever" reply to crap like this and you'll be fine.

Hi Lyronx. I just wanted to say that I hope you don't feel too embarrassed because you didn't realize that this was a common scam. Many many people who are fairly new to the online world have fallen for these type of scams. The important thing is that now you know! "Never ever ever" reply to crap like this and you'll be fine.

I never feel sympathetic to people who fall for this. Only a complete retard would fall for "i have 25 million i trust you as a close friend, i need to transfer it to your bank, il give you 10% but first give me 10k"

laugh

No fate but what we make