Over Governed? Cop this one folks

Tasgandy

One has to wonder just who is advising our Australian Government..........read this

Prison Planet.com

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Australian government is set to intensify its war against Internet freedom by forcing web users to install state-approved anti-virus software. If they fail to do so, they will be denied an Internet connection, or if their computer is later infected, the user?s connection will be terminated.

?AUSTRALIANS would be forced to install anti-virus and firewall software on their computers before being allowed to connect to the internet under a new plan to fight cyber crime. And if their computer did get infected, internet service providers like Telstra and Optus could cut off their connection until the problem was resolved,? reports News.com.au.

The full story: Big Brother.....He's out there

And you thought this (Australia) was the lucky country.............well it still is, I'll be fighting this one BIG TIME if it ever really get's passed into law. <_<

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Yes Hazelnut what you say is true, however by default the Australian Government will have the same power as the USA i.e. in the case of an National emergency - they maintain both subjects go hand in hand. B)

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

The government that does this must have the wisdom to make the decisions, the technical capability to implement them, and the funding to support them. They don't.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

You can all blame your selves for this BS. Most have bent over and taken what ever the government has shoved at you. Most governments are totally out of control and need to be "adjusted". If that Australian law goes through you and everybody else needs to take their computers and smash them over the head of the first government official that crosses your path. That law will be reversed fast I can guarantee you. Do you realize it's your moral obligation to destroy governments like this? It's your duty as a good citizen to wipe out evil governments. If you do nothing and let these crap bags roll over you and your fellow citizens you basically are betraying your country.

Of course that won't happen. Most people will wine and bitch and than bend over like good little monkeys.

I believe a big reason why governments have gotten so bloated and intrusive is because we-the-people don?t like taking responsibility for our behavior and actions. We want the government to absorb the consequences of our poor choices so we don?t feel the pain. So to fill that role, governments assume more and more control. As a result, our personal liberties are diminished.

If we believe we are over-governed, then we need to begin assuming more responsibility for our personal actions and stop running to the government to fix each and every one of our mistakes.

Oh. So the French government isn't the only one.

...wait. I was wrong. That is nothing compared to what France will be. Those idiots are trying to force each and every computer to have a piece of software that will report everything you do. The reason ? To prove your innocence in case someone hacks your internet connection. <_<

Piriform French translator

I believe a big reason why governments have gotten so bloated and intrusive is because we-the-people don?t like taking responsibility for our behavior and actions. We want the government to absorb the consequences of our poor choices so we don?t feel the pain. So to fill that role, governments assume more and more control. As a result, our personal liberties are diminished.

If we believe we are over-governed, then we need to begin assuming more responsibility for our personal actions and stop running to the government to fix each and every one of our mistakes.

I strongly disagree. It's pure desire to control and dominate period. Goons will go as far as you let them. The problem is a spineless society. It's gone so far now that I don't believe there is a peaceful solution. There will need to be extreme acts of rebellion and violence to fix this. There is no way the government douche bags will back off on their own.

On 6/23/2010 at 19:10, redhawk said:

Isn't this meant to be a spoofed news site??

Richard S.

Oh no, this website is dead-serious.

I strongly disagree. It's pure desire to control and dominate period. Goons will go as far as you let them. The problem is a spineless society. It's gone so far now that I don't believe there is a peaceful solution. There will need to be extreme acts of rebellion and violence to fix this. There is no way the government douche bags will back off on their own.

No. Speaking in the context of a democracy, governments are empowered by the citizenry. The populace can ultimately decide to limit the government's influence through the power of the vote.

To quote Thomas Jefferson, "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

No. Speaking in the context of a democracy, governments are empowered by the citizenry. The populace can ultimately decide to limit the government's influence through the power of the vote.

To quote Thomas Jefferson, "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

The Vote. Ha Ha. You think you have a say with your vote? What do you have in the US a two party system? Some choice. Same crap different pile. You don't really have a choice. You flip flop between Republicans and Democrats. Both are absolute jerk offs.

As for the Thomas Jefferson quote I would say the people definitely fear their government so you have tyranny.

The internet is just too big to be able to have one kill switch that would shut down the whole thing. It's just the government worried about hackers.

I agree - it's a bloody big world, there is no ONE big green button (kill switch) to turn off.

This crazy idea when first thought of here in AUS. some 10 months ago, the suggested software selected for testing was hacked within the first 2 hours by a 14 year old student. Hopefully this crazy idea might already be sunk (thankfully) as our first term PM Kevin Rudd has just been rolled (9.30am Australian time), he has been replaced by our first Woman PM Julia Gillard.

I for one (politics aside) am looking forward to a female leader, 1/ she can't do any worse than Kevin Rudd and 2/ for me personally I have enjoyed about 21 years of my 47 year working life with a female boss, and it worked well.

Anyhow as some one else once said somewhere "we get those we vote and wish for". :unsure:

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

• 1 month later...