What OS do you use?

comper6

I've got absolutely no problem with Vista, and don't know why other people are against it so much.

Four of the computers in my house are running it, and all of them run fine and do what they are supposed to do.

I have Win95B, Win95C, Win98SE, WinME, Win2k Pro, WinXP 2002 Pro SP2 and guess what I prefer?

I've got absolutely no problem with Vista, and don't know why other people are against it so much.

Vista is too memory hungry thats why you need a minimum of 2GB for it to run. ;)

Edit: Pro added.

Edited by Keithuk

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I know Vista is memory hungry, but with the price of RAM so cheap these days that shouldn't be an issue.

Once Aero and UAC are turned off you could quite easily feel that you are using an XP system, but one that looks a little bit nicer.

Too much hype about how bad Vista was has stuck in peoples minds.

Edit:

Oh and Keithuk, just noticed that you have not upgraded to SP3, that is bad computing in itself.

You are leaving yourself open to all sorts of problems.

I have Win95B, Win95C, Win98SE, WinME, Win2k, WinXP 2002 SP2 and guess what I prefer?

Vista is too memory hungry thats why you need a minimum of 2GB for it to run. ;)

You have about every OS there is!

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

comper,

Not to be a drag on you but why don't you put all of your thoughts into 1 post? 3 posts in the same minute or two is kind of crazy don't you think?

Anyway, my O/S's are in my signature.

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

Oh and Keithuk, just noticed that you have not upgraded to SP3, that is bad computing in itself.

You are leaving yourself open to all sorts of problems.

When I had WinXP 2002 Pro SP2 installed I downloaded SP3 many times from many sources but when it tried to extract all files before installation why were corrupt.

You have about every OS there is!

No I missed out Windows 3.1 and I'm still using the best one Win98SE. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

My mother has a 1 GB RAM laptop and Vista runs perfectly >_>

And saying Win98 is the best OS is...well...Weird ?

(And if all files from SP3 are corrupt, maybe you're using a bad zip extractor ?)

I use Vista Ultimate x64...

Piriform French translator

And saying Win98 is the best OS is...well...Weird ?

(And if all files from SP3 are corrupt, maybe you're using a bad zip extractor ?)

There is nothing weird about Win98SE only its 11 years old now. It does everything my WinXP did and more.

I'm using WinZip like I've always used. Even running the downloaded exe still extracts all the files before it installs and they are still corrupted. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

There is nothing weird about Win98SE only its 11 years old now. It does everything my WinXP did and more.

I'm using WinZip like I've always used. Even running the downloaded exe still extracts all the files before it installs and they are still corrupted. ;)

"it's only 11 years old"

You know what Middle Age is, right ?

I think saying Win98SE is in the computer Middle Age would be right.

And using IE6 make all webmasters go crazy because they have to do sites working on an outdated, not standards-compliant browser, still used by ~ 1/5 of people.

Piriform French translator

My first PC had Windows 95 and 16MB of RAM :lol:

Second PC Windows ME with 192MB.

Then came XP with 1GB.

And now Vista Home Premium SP1 on my new XPS430 with 4GB DDR3 RAM, Intel Core2 Quad processor ;)

Back in 1996 a PC with 16MB RAM, 950MB HD, Pentium 100 processor & Windows 95 was quite a zippy machine :lol:

I was a bit apprehensive about getting Vista, however after using Vista for about a month now... I luv it ;)

How times change.

Craig

And using IE6 make all webmasters go crazy because they have to do sites working on an outdated,

Well you can't use anything higher with Win98SE and I don't like FireFox or Opera. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

"it's only 11 years old"

You know what Middle Age is, right ?

I think saying Win98SE is in the computer Middle Age would be right.

And using IE6 make all webmasters go crazy because they have to do sites working on an outdated, not standards-compliant browser, still used by ~ 1/5 of people.

IE6 is a little bit better because its simpler

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

currently on a computer running WinXp Pro SP 3

I have computers running the following strewn about my house however

Texas instruments laptop: windows 3.1.1 & win95

IBM Thinkpad: Win95

HP Vectra: MS-DOS / Windows NT Workstation / Windows 95

3 other desktops running winxp sp 2 or 3

2 laptops running 64 bit winvista

1 laptop running 32 bit winvista

2 laptops running windows 98

a desktop running windowsMe (n-n-noooo!)

2 desktops running Win2000

1 desktop running a really old version of Linux Ubuntu (late 2007) and Windows XP

several desktops running varients of MS-Dos and PC-Dos versions,

1 computer running 64 bit winvista and a beta of win7

Yeah, we have a lot of computers.

Arch Linux 2009

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

I dual boot Windows XP Professional and Vista Home Premium.

I was anxious to install Vista as people said you need a quad core superHz make you toast in the morning processer with 5000TB of DDR80000 Ram to use it, and my Pentium 4 3.0GHz with 1.5GB of Ram runs it like it was made for it.

I use XP for gaming though, Vista + ATi Drivers = FAIL.