What OS do you use?

comper6

I dual boot Windows XP Professional and Vista Home Premium.

I was anxious to install Vista as people said you need a quad core superHz make you toast in the morning processer with 5000TB of DDR80000 Ram to use it, and my Pentium 4 3.0GHz with 1.5GB of Ram runs it like it was made for it.

I use XP for gaming though, Vista + ATi Drivers = FAIL.

1)

5000TB
: I hope thats a typo

2)Great idea to dual boot xp and vista, just restart in to another os, also you can share files between partitions

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

Using Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit Edition.

1st Comp: Windows 98SE | AMD Athlon 1GHZ | 256MB of RAM | 32MB Geforce MX400 (I think?) | 40GB HDD

2nd Comp: Windows Xp | AMD Athlon Xp 1.6GHZ | 1.5GB of RAM | 64MB Onboard Graphics (Later ATI Powercolor 9600Pro 256MB AGP 8x 128-Bit) | 80GB HDD

Present: Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit SP1 | AMD Athlon 64 x2 4850e 2.5GHZ OC'ed @3.10GHZ | nVidia Geforce 8600GTS 512MB 128-Bit 704/1008MHZ | 320GB OS/160GB Storage

Edit: Soon to upgrade too two HIS 4830's in Crossfire Mode :)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Bull**** ;)

...IE6 is slower, not standards-compliant, has no tabs, no popups blocking, is really old, hasn't got any of the new things in modern browsers like FF 3.1 / Chrome 2 / IE8 / Opera 10 / Safari 4, ...

Why don't you want to upgrade to Vista (or Seven when it'll be out) ?

@Corona : PB = Petabyte = 1024 TB.

Piriform French translator

@Corona : PB = Petabyte = 1024 TB.

Ah know. Peanut Butter tastes much better than Teanut Butter.

Oh, and I'm using XP Home SP3, and WinME (not upgraded) on an HP 98/95 Pavillion, 512 ram, Pentium4 1700, nVidea GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (heh).

Oh, and I'm using XP Home SP3, and WinME (not upgraded) on an HP 98/95 Pavillion, 512 ram, Pentium4 1700, nVidea GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (heh).

So which system is the nVidea GeForce2 MX/MX 400 on WinXP or WinME? Thats the same graphics card as mine. Or do you have a dual boot system? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

So which system is the nVidea GeForce2 MX/MX 400 on WinXP or WinME? Thats the same graphics card as mine. Or do you have a dual boot system? ;)

I have both XP and ME on the same drive, in their own partitions. They both use the GeForce2 card. I don't run both XP and ME at the same time of course. Boot Magic pulls up a choice box when I boot, and from there I choose either XP or ME to run.

So do you have the different drivers for both systems? ;)

I installed 93.71 forceware for XP (latest one that still works), and whatever older driver that came with ME's installation disc for ME.

I installed 93.71 forceware for XP (latest one that still works), and whatever older driver that came with ME's installation disc for ME.

I donwloaded drivers from Nvidia when I had the card. When I tried to install after a rebuild the drivers were corrupt. I went back to Nvidia but they weren't listed anymore so I joined their forum and found them on their Nvidia forum, v81.98. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best