CCleaner 2.0

PS3

• Moderators

Since a new version is released approximately once a month (give or take for bug fixes and such) I'd speculate five years unless MrG decides to skip a bunch of version numbers inbetween the up and coming 1.33 to get to 2.0. :P

lmao! microsoft will always be sonys @#$!. :lol:

OMFG! ROFLMFAO!

I almost fell off of my chair dude.

damn beer

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Language please. :blink:

Thank you!

That's why I was laughing so hard. Doesn't the board automatically edit those 4 letter words?

Or didn't it used to? I've never seen word show up on here before. Or maybe everyone else is kind enough to add the bleeps?

temporarily hijacked...sorry

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

oh ok. sorry about that. i didnt know that word was considered as explicit langauge.

here (australia), we see that word only as what it really means: a female dog.

XBox 720? What happened to the other 719?

:lol:

CCleaner 2.0 will probably come out within a year, I suppose, when Mr.G decides to start expanding CCleaner into another 'field' Usually new versions include some dramatic new features, not periodic updates.

• Moderators

Doesn't the board automatically edit those 4 letter words?

Hell no! :lol: Well at least some four letter words which really aren't even considered "swearing" anymore, this ain't the 1950's.

XBox 720? What happened to the other 719?

360x2=720

I would hope that gaming consoles would at least be able to double their power in five years. But then again in only a few years the PS3 is what 20x more powerful than it's predecessor the PS2.

In five years, well maybe: XBOX 720, overpowered by the PS4 using Super-Blu-Ray discs.

I actually read the PS4 won't be using any discs. That you'll be downloading everything.

Snip:

-----

With just months to go before the launch of the PS3 and the debut of Sony's costly Blu-ray format, worldwide studios president Phil Harrison has hinted that the console's successor will not feature a disc drive. In a recent interview with Wired Magazine, Harrison speculated that the successor to the PlayStation 3 may be entirely based on digital distribution models for both games and media content.

"We have to change the business model. We have to find a new way to reach the consumer," he stated. Harrison went on to refer to Kart Rider, a Korean game which is offered for free. Consumers are then charged for upgrades enhancements via digital download - and more than 12 million people are currently playing the game. "That will be the business model for the future of games," Harrison declared, before stating: "I'd be amazed if the PS4 had a physical disc drive."

Clearly, when taken in context, Harrison's comments are merely speculative. However, it could be inferred that the company's vision of the future is focused very much on online distribution, rather than with the "future proof" Blu-ray disc format. Sony is set to launch the PlayStation 3 in November and has gone to great lengths to assure consumers that Blu-ray - which is in direct competition with the Microsoft-backed HD-DVD format - will be the dominant format for media storage, using the costly format as justification for the PS3's high price tag.

Anyone thinking Phantom?

-----

Seems this thread has gotten pretty out of topic.

I think maybe will be HVD (Holographic Video Disk), which has much much more space than both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray.

HVD has about a terabyte of space, I think...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

$10.(,)000!

Why not just invest in something like dual layer + disks? Quad and up layer sounds better.

It's not 10 years from now, its just around the corner.

Even with all these new technologies, it's going to take people a long time to adjust to them. My dad still has a shelf of Laser Disks :P

• Moderators

Regardless of the disc format the one drawback is still the possibility of damaging the disc. Well hopefully they will create the discs with the new self-healing plastics which are supposedly not too far off from making it into consumer products.

Yeah, optical discs can get damaged. But dumb people just have them laying around, and have them on floors, use their fat greasy fingers to touch the surface then wonder why it don't work.

They should be carefully handled, never touched on the surface, and placed in a protective jewel case stored in a dark room-temperatured place.

Also, I heard that there are protective coating on some optical discs, that make them more scratch resistant.

--

Yeah, change to a new standard takes a lot of time. Most computers still ship with floppy drives. People still use floppy disks. Now tapes, floppies, LP is less used. Many people still don't own a DVD player in their living room even though it have existed very long.

And now it will be extra trouble some because HD-DVD and Blu-Ray compete, so there isn't one standard, and people don't know what to buy. So DVD will still stay a long time to come...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

I actually read the PS4 won't be using any discs. That you'll be downloading everything.

Snip:

-----

With just months to go before the launch of the PS3 and the debut of Sony's costly Blu-ray format, worldwide studios president Phil Harrison has hinted that the console's successor will not feature a disc drive. In a recent interview with Wired Magazine, Harrison speculated that the successor to the PlayStation 3 may be entirely based on digital distribution models for both games and media content.

"We have to change the business model. We have to find a new way to reach the consumer," he stated. Harrison went on to refer to Kart Rider, a Korean game which is offered for free. Consumers are then charged for upgrades enhancements via digital download - and more than 12 million people are currently playing the game. "That will be the business model for the future of games," Harrison declared, before stating: "I'd be amazed if the PS4 had a physical disc drive."

Clearly, when taken in context, Harrison's comments are merely speculative. However, it could be inferred that the company's vision of the future is focused very much on online distribution, rather than with the "future proof" Blu-ray disc format. Sony is set to launch the PlayStation 3 in November and has gone to great lengths to assure consumers that Blu-ray - which is in direct competition with the Microsoft-backed HD-DVD format - will be the dominant format for media storage, using the costly format as justification for the PS3's high price tag.

Anyone thinking Phantom?

-----

This is why you don't see Microsoft putting HD-DVD or Blu-Ray in their console. They've been saying online distribution is the way for awhile now.

• Moderators

So DVD will still stay a long time to come...

Yeah and the price will possibly continue to drop. I remember when I got my WinXP system in December 2003 and was shocked at the price for a DVD burner I had seen at Staples $399.00 USD while a 10-pack of DVD+R's also seemed overpriced, now that isn't even an issue as a good quality DVD burner like a LITEON can be got for around $40.00 USD if shopping online at places like Newegg.com.