CCleaner 2.0

PS3

• Moderators

DVDs are a lot cheaper now as well. I remember when a 50 pack of dvds was like $100. Now I can get a 50 pack for about $20-25. I hardly ever burn dvds though. I will occasionaly make a movie for someone but mostly I use it to burn back ups of my hard drive.

Yeah and the price will possibly continue to drop. I remember when I got my WinXP system in December 2003 and was shocked at the price for a DVD burner I had seen at Staples $399.00 USD while a 10-pack of DVD+R's also seemed overpriced, now that isn't even an issue as a good quality DVD burner like a LITEON can be got for around $40.00 USD if shopping online at places like Newegg.com.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of good stuff about LiteOn.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

way off-topic!

but anywho, the holographic discs are coming at the end of the year at 300GB per disc and at the end of next year they will have 1.6TB per disc.

the holographic discs are coming at the end of the year at 300GB per disc and at the end of next year they will have 1.6TB per disc.

got some reeding on that?

thanx.

• Moderators

They can come out with those insane disc sizes but they'll take forever to burn. Also if the disc gets damaged and unreadable there's going to be a hell of allot of data that gets lost in the process.

But even MrG can surprise us with a totally new version of CCleaner!

Like DjLizard has done yesterday... A huge jump from Dial-a-fix 0.60 to Dial-a-fix 1.0.

He put a teaser online to give us an impression of his totally new and recoded Dial-a-fix.

See here for much more information.

:huh:

• Moderators

Like DjLizard has done yesterday... A huge jump from Dial-a-fix 0.60 to Dial-a-fix 1.0.

I was a late adopter of Dial-a-Fix, however after the first usage it fixed allot of crap that was wrong on my system that I didn't even know about which has my system humming along and running much smoother, well actually running like a brand new fresh installation of WinXP. Dial-a-Fix should be given an award for software of the year or some other prestigious award.

They can come out with those insane disc sizes but they'll take forever to burn. Also if the disc gets damaged and unreadable there's going to be a hell of allot of data that gets lost in the process.

they will probably put something to ensure that scratches can be prevented or even fixed. people said it would take ages to burn a dvd in 1999 and now a dvd can be burnt in less than an hour.

they will probably put something to ensure that scratches can be prevented or even fixed. people said it would take ages to burn a dvd in 1999 and now a dvd can be burnt in less than an hour.

Just out, 16x DVD burners. I would throttle it down to 8x or even 4x just to be sure of the data integrity though. The actual data doesn't get scratched, it's just a protective barrier on top of the film which stores the data. Disc fixers just polish (grind, buff, w/e) off the plastic underneath it :)