New Firetune

rridgely

• Moderators

Firetune is a firefox optimizer that does lots of little tweaks to speed up firefox even more. This new version adds a couple of new tweaks.

• Some changes to the main performance tweaks - please re-apply the optimizations for your specific hardware configuration
  • A new tweak included to optimize Firefox' memory usage
  • A few internal optimizations and performance improvements

http://www.totalidea.com/freestuff4.htm

• Moderators

Not sure why you didnt see any increase. I have noticed every time I put it on a new install of firefox a pretty significant page load time decrease.

Well it could be because I'm on dial-up. Then again something I had forgot about; I suppose my proxy filtering software CookieCop could also possibly be the reason why I didn't notice any improvements. Who knows for sure.

In any event I'm just feeling lucky that Firefox is running on my system at all as previously it would crash my whole system at about exactly ten minutes. The current version has only crashed just Firefox itself only once but that was due to using some crappy third-party extension I was just trying out.

Yeah it could be the dial up or cookie cop. I'm usually skeptical about programs that claim to speed up your internet but this one actually worked and didnt install any crap.

hi rridgely thanks for the link,but i cannot find the download button,i bet its stareing at me,and laughing :lol:

You have to click on 'Download' in the column on the left of the page. Took me a little while too :lol: ...

Welcome to the forum BTW :) !

hi mike and thank you,i clicked on download and all i can see is to purchase the cd,have been looking at this for two days lol and i still cant see it :unsure:

• Moderators

I upgraded the other day, however, it still shows version 1.1.0 instead of 1.1.1!

I noticed that when I downloaded it, it was supposedly the January release that was downloaded instead. Perhaps they just forgot to change the internal version number, then again maybe someone should contact them to make sure they didn't inadvertently upload the old version.

Well it could be because I'm on dial-up. Then again something I had forgot about; I suppose my proxy filtering software CookieCop could also possibly be the reason why I didn't notice any improvements. Who knows for sure.

In any event I'm just feeling lucky that Firefox is running on my system at all as previously it would crash my whole system at about exactly ten minutes. The current version has only crashed just Firefox itself only once but that was due to using some crappy third-party extension I was just trying out.

Well I'm on broadband and this is the second time that I've tried it, and I didn't notice any change either. :(

Bummer, I would like it to work for me too. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)