This message will self destruct in 5 seconds

Corona

What is MS doing? I can't understand this. Apple has the iPhone. Samsung uses Android tech. What the f does MS have? Zune. Computers. Lots & lots of office and home computers. And they're trying to turn our PCs into phones with W10. How this will happen I don't know. They don't own Skype. I just can't help but think that they're pretending to be significant.

By the way, I hate smartphones. And I'll slap you senseless with a selfie-stick if you disagree.

• Moderators

"They don't own Skype"

What?...... yes they do...... acquired Skype years ago.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Um, what is this nonsense (in the most literal form of the word) none-sense

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

If you weren't serious about that self destructing part, I will come out from under the couch now.

Not awfully worried about that selfie stick.   :lol: 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

It's from Mission Impossible and you can hear it in this clip.

I could easily be wrong, but I think Mission Impossible stole it off Get Smart.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

I was going to disagree with MTA, but Get Smart started the year before MI so he could be right :unsure:

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

You mean this:

The tape scene is very similar to one described in the 1964 Nick Carter-Killmaster novel Saigon, published in December 1964 and repeated in the 1966 novel Danger Key (copyright registered in February 1966). In the novels, secret agent Carter receives a package from his boss which, when activated, plays a tape-recorded message that self-destructs after playing once.

I also want to destruct this...but at least it has sense now, as opposed to the non-sensical OP...just sayin'

Also "Zune"? Me thinks you am at least 10 years behind Yo.

Search Holo-Lens, Search Azure, look at the integrated eco-system of xBox-one/Windows-10

Research before prattle..just sayin'

I never said I was a techie. Far from it. You guys are miles ahead of me. But once in a blue moon I throw something silly out there just to read the reactions. No ill will meant. (And I promise if I do that it'll be only in The Lounge. ) :D

• Moderators

I never said I was a techie. Far from it. You guys are miles ahead of me. But once in a blue moon I throw something silly out there just to read the reactions. No ill will meant. (And I promise if I do that it'll be only in The Lounge. ) :D

le sigh

• Moderators

You can't beat a bit of humour Corona, no matter how discombobulated folk may find it.

I'm also with you on smart phones. Folk spending half their lives with a social media induced crick in the neck.

Just saying .... or has someone already texted said that?    :)

• Moderators

I'm also with you on smart phones. Folk spending half their lives with a social media induced crick in the neck.

It was reported on the news that here in the U.S. people getting hit and injured and/or killed by cars is on the rise do to them walking and looking at their phones and not paying any attention to their surroundings.

I constantly see someone looking down at their phone, presumably texting, while driving on the highway. 

If one of them hits one of those walkers, nobody would even know what happened.  :blink:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I constantly see someone looking down at their phone, presumably texting, while driving on the highway. 

If one of them hits one of those walkers, nobody would even know what happened.  :blink:

Slightly off the topic (I'll slap my own wrist), but kinda related was an incident I saw in a supermarket car park the other day.

Two cars had a slight mishap when they collided very slowly with each other. Instead of at least one irate driver jumping out of his car they both reversed in opposite directions at a frightening rate of knots and disappeared into the traffic.

Wow, I thought. What's the chance of two obvious illegal cars (no insurance?) hitting each other and both doing a runner.

An excellent sense of humour is a must these days and remember folks...........a good laugh is very healthy and good for the constitution.   :wacko:  :blink:  :D  B)  

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"