Ticking me Off!

krit86lr

Seems to be happening more often now.

I had trouble yesterday as well trying to read posts, just kept timing out so I gave up!!

Location-based problems maybe? I haven't had any troubles for quite a while now. I just got my cable Internet hooked up a couple weeks ago, and no problem since then (other than a few router problems at first).

Course, I'm a second-shifter, so I'm on at strange times... who knows?

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Don't know lokoike. I am having the same problem as Hazelnut. It's been happening a lot all of the sudden. Maybe this thread jinxed it~ :P

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Don't know lokoike. I am having the same problem as Hazelnut. It's been happening a lot all of the sudden. Maybe this thread jinxed it~ :P

Never mind, I spoke too soon!

Now it is going veeeerrrrryyyyy ssssslllllllooooowwwwww....

Course, I just checked and there was 56 people on here, which is quite a few!

ding, ding!

• Moderators

I just checked and there was 56 people on here, which is quite a few!

I honestly don't think the amount of people using the forum matter, I've been on here and have seen just 3 people before including myself and it just stops working or gets so slow that I just give up.

I honestly don't think the amount of people using the forum matter, I've been on here and have seen just 3 people before including myself and it just stops working or gets so slow that I just give up.

WHOA! 2k+ posts! D00d, u liek totly pwn!

Anyways, sorry for the randomnity, but when you saw only 3 people on, was that just members, or does that include viewers too? When I said 56 people, I was talking about the total number of people, cause there was actually only like 7 true members, and the other 49 were just viewers.

Also, you're using dial-up. LOL.

lokoike braces himself for the severe verbal thrashings which he knows the 'Super Zero' will soon unleash upon him

ding, ding!

Speaking of connection what is every ones speed, i currently have 2mb but fingers crossed i am getting BE's 24 meg broadband at the end of the month. Which to say the least will be sweeeeat.

Speaking of 24 meg connection i remember a site where a user can type the speed of a connection and a file size, it then calculates the time needed to download, does anyone know what it is or know a similar page? thanks.

• Moderators

but when you saw only 3 people on, was that just members, or does that include viewers too?

It included members + viewers = total people using the forum at the time.

Also, you're using dial-up. LOL.

Thanks for the depressing reminder.

lokoike braces himself for the severe verbal thrashings which he knows the 'Super Zero' will soon unleash upon him

Did you find the engine in your Yugo yet?

I don't think that the forum stalling is related to the number of people. I had the opposite experience of Andavari. I was here with well over 60 people, and the forum wasn't slow at all.

Andavari, I think that you were here with 3 people, and it was terribly slow.

I use broadband, but I'm not positive about the # of megs. I was guessing before.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

I was here with well over 60 people, and the forum wasn't slow at all.

I've had that happen as well, hence the reason I don't think the amount of people or shall we convert that into bandwidth usage is the cause. I'd still bet on a forum/site firewall causing it.

Andavari, I think that you were here with 3 people, and it was terribly slow.

There where three people: me and two others

You get an F- (yes an F minus) for this math assignment.

An F minus! :o

Fine that will teach me to not re-read information.

An F minus! :o

Fine that will teach me to not re-read information.

Least he didn't make fun of your Yugo! :angry:

And K, here is a cool site that I believe hazelnut(?) posted a while back for checking your up/download speeds:

http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/

ding, ding!

• Moderators

Least he didn't make fun of your Yugo! :angry:

And K, here is a cool site that I believe hazelnut(?) posted a while back for checking your up/download speeds:

http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/

Nah I know you're a Corvette Z06 kinda dude! Who isn't. And of course when you aren't driving that you'll need an ASC Diamondback Viper powered by McLaren.

That connection speed testing site would probably register my connection as non-existent, and then go into a lengthy technical explaination of just how crappy my connection is.

Nah I know you're a Corvette Z06 kinda dude!

How did you know?! Seriously, I love Vettes!

That connection speed testing site would probably register my connection as non-existent, and then go into a lengthy technical explaination of just how crappy my connection is.

Actually, that testing site supports everything from 14.4k dial-up to T4. I'm assuming that you are using 56k, so you should show up on the list.

The very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very bottom of the list, that is.

ding, ding!

How did you know?! Seriously, I love Vettes!

Yes, but it's an unrequited love. This is the true meaning of love:

05fordgtsmallf345007mg.jpg

This is why!

Actually, that testing site supports everything from 14.4k dial-up to T4. I'm assuming that you are using 56k, so you should show up on the list.

The very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very bottom of the list, that is.

Wrong! I OWN the very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very bottom of the list!

The Corvette Z06 is the poor man's Ford GT much as the Yugo is the poor man's Gremlin X.

• Moderators

Why doesnt some one reboot the server

rebooting fixes every thing

Cheers :)

Rebooting a server isn't like rebooting a home PC.

The next time you have some sort of catastrophic Windows error ("worm A killed your antivirus, and virus B deleted C:\Windows") try rebooting to see that it won't fix squat.

Rebooting a server isn't like rebooting a home PC.

The next time you have some sort of catastrophic Windows error ("worm A killed your antivirus, and virus B deleted C:\Windows") try rebooting to see that it won't fix squat.

Im a sys admin I do it all the time

cheers

Welcome Lost1 :)

Just wanting to be clear. You aren't saying that rebooting your computer will fix worm, or antivirus issues, right?

Welcome Lost1 :)

Just wanting to be clear. You aren't saying that rebooting your computer will fix worm, or antivirus issues, right?

Rebooting will fix a lot of stalled processors ( sorry for my Spelling Im not to good at english)

and on the reboot will start them up... ..regarding worms and virus...No!!! My Orignal post was because this site was running Like crap.....

Now its running good

Cheers ;)

• Moderators

My Orignal post was because this site was running Like crap.....

Get used to it, it happens allot lately - well actually it's been happening for many months. I just wish if there was some maintenance going on that it would display a simple page stating that maintenance is in progress, etc., versus waiting an eternity for things to speed up. However I've seen this behaviour on many forums that use Invision Power Board.

Edit:

Where's my manners. Welcome to the forums Lost1. :)