Ticking me Off!

krit86lr

What is wrong with the forum? It's taking almost a full minutes to load a screen. I can't send PM's because it can't load fast enough. It's only this site that it's happening with.

It's annoying! grrrr

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

grimlins!

:lol: They're everywhere!!! :lol:

Happens quite often krit, I just give up on it when it does.

Thanks, I finally did give up. ;)

Now it's working again for some reason. Has this been addressed before? That was the first time that it happened to me, but I was not cool. I rewrote a very long PM 2 times and it never went anywhere. Waste of my time.

(Gosh, I am sounding a bit cranky, huh?) :huh: I will stop now.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

The only time I seem to have that problem is when there are a lot of people on at the same time, but when it happens, it is miserable!

Course, I know next to nothing about web programming and such, so I don't know if something like that could cause a bottleneck, or if it is just in my head... :P

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

The only time I seem to have that problem is when there are a lot of people on at the same time, but when it happens, it is miserable!

Course, I know next to nothing about web programming and such, so I don't know if something like that could cause a bottleneck, or if it is just in my head... :P

There were only 3 people on the forum when it happened. :( But maybe there were a lot of guests. I don't ever pay attention to that. ;)

• Moderators

It happens to me at least everyday here on the CCleaner Forums and the Hydrogenaudio Forums, at first I thought it was ISP related but I'm on dial-up and logging off and back on to get a new IP address don't fix anything, however strangely enough rebooting sometimes works yet then again it sometimes doesn't. Blame Windows? maybe maybe not, also I'm starting to wonder if it just isn't Invision Power Board, or a firewall the forums "may" be using.

It happens to me at least everyday here on the CCleaner Forums and the Hydrogenaudio Forums, at first I thought it was ISP related but I'm on dial-up and logging off and back on to get a new IP address don't fix anything, however strangely enough rebooting sometimes works yet then again it sometimes doesn't. Blame Windows? maybe maybe not, also I'm starting to wonder if it just isn't Invision Power Board, or a firewall the forums "may" be using.

I think it's IPB because Tarun got something about a month ago that really spead things up at lunarsoft. Maybe I'll hunt down that link. The Geeks don't stall, but I don't think that they use IPB.

Andavari, why in "my goodness gracious" are you using dial-up? (unless it's really cheap of course) :P

I would like to remind people that the most serious breach of forum ettiquette is questioning or criticizing another member's IP or the speed of their internet access :angry:!

Mike knows this is actually NOT considered a breach of ettiquette, but he lives in constant fear that Andavari will get a DSL or broadband connection leaving Mike the only one on the forum (and most likely the world) with dial-up.

I AM PROUD OF MY DIAL-UP CONNECTION!

No I'm not.

I would like to remind people that the most serious breach of forum ettiquette is questioning or criticizing another member's IP or the speed of their internet access :angry:!

Mike knows this is actually NOT considered a breach of ettiquette, but he lives in constant fear that Andavari will get a DSL or broadband connection leaving Mike the only one on the forum (and most likely the world) with dial-up.

I AM PROUD OF MY DIAL-UP CONNECTION!

No I'm not.

Sorry Mike...I was only joking..... :(

?Est?s mi amigo, s?? :D ?Usted todav?a me est? llevando a la playa, s?? :lol:

[Edit: Did you see what I typed the first time? LOL]

• Moderators

Because Andavari is cheap and won't pay $29-$50 or more bucks for high-speed Internet, I see it as a rip-off and would think high-speed would be included by either the phone company or cable company. Although I did have high-speed cable once through Mediacom it was a bloody nightmare and hardly ever worked correctly, the dipstick they sent to install it didn't even setup the network settings correctly - professional installation my ass, a drunk chimpanzee could have did better. Also Mediacom are about the only ones in my area that I know of, well there are a few others but why bother. My Netscape dial-up is dirt cheap at $9.99, and because I very rarely visit anywhere but forums anymore, and of course download those damned MS security updates. And because to me the Internet gets more boring each and every year. There's only a few rare occassions when I wish I had high-speed. Done venting.

Andavari bets his low-speed connection is faster than that of Mike Rochip because Andavari invokes the Force on his phone line using a special Light Saber and Jedi skills taught by Yoda. Well maybe not, the proof is in the Silly Putty.

Andavari...do you feel better now sweetie? You got a bit worked up there. (wait till you see what I posted before this) You may be worked up again in a second. I find meditation to be helpful at times. ;)

Now lokoike will be jealous!

Shaolin Monk! I'd better be careful you may know Kung Fu.

Now how did you associate Meditation with Fighting? <krit86lr is shaking her head>

Jealous? Nah...lokoike thinks that you're a sweetie too. ;) (cause he likes country music)

• Moderators

Now how did you associate Meditation with Fighting? <krit86lr is shaking her head>

I blame my father! Shaolin Monks meditate and they know Gung Fu ("Kung Fu").

Jealous? Nah...lokoike thinks that you're a sweetie too. ;) (cause he likes country music)

Please anything but that, no country music I beg of thee spare me the indecency, please no more torture I can't take it, I'll give you anything you want please not more country music. I reiterate what lokoike said about country music - kill me now.

Now I have to go and listen to some Metal music to appease my taste in music. Ahh listening to some Vader, that's much better!

I blame my father! Shaolin Monks meditate and they know Gung Fu ("Kung Fu").

Please anything but that, no country music I beg of thee spare me the indecency, please no more torture I can't take it, I'll give you anything you want please not more country music. I reiterate what lokoike said about country music - kill me now.

Now I have to go and listen to some Metal music to appease my taste in music. Ahh listening to some Vader, that's much better!

You mis-understood. Lokoike is the country lover. krit must start running now

I read an article that said AOL would be offering high speed internet access for the same price as dial-up :).

Then it said they would accomplish this by increasing the price of dial-up ;).

[Edit: Did you see what I typed the first time? LOL]

Sorry, I missed it. (Or maybe my dial-up connection is still downloading it :angry:)

?Est?s mi amigo, s?? :D ?Usted todav?a me est? llevando a la playa, s?? :lol:

?S?!

Which country? Knowing lokoike it's France..

DISCLAIMER

I mean no offense to the French. Just lokoike.

country music lover :P

I read an article that said AOL would be offering high speed internet access for the same price as dial-up :).

Sorry, I missed it. (Or maybe my dial-up connection is still downloading it :angry:)

?S?!

Yea! Don't forget me. ;)

• Moderators

AOL is overpriced for dial-up, there's a DSL service that's only $4 or $5 higher than AOL's dial-up. If they made high-speed available for under $20 say $19.95-19.99 I would consider it - if only their crappy software wasn't included.

?S?!

Dial-up could be faster right now at this very moment if they (the government) would just release the speed restriction placed upon it. However, according to something President Bush said last year on the news they (the government) want everyone in the U.S. to have access to affordable high-speed Internet access in the coming years. I say don't wait Mr. President make it affordable now as Mike Rochip and I would appreciate it.

i had dialup until i moved into the city a year ago, and it nearly made me insane.

For sure. Patience is not my strong suite. ;)

Even with a 3meg LAN line I was so annoyed by how slow the forum was that I had to start a thread about it. :lol:

• Moderators

Even with a 3meg LAN line I was so annoyed by how slow the forum was that I had to start a thread about it. :lol:

I was on earlier and my forum connection went kaput and just died on me all of a sudden, I had to wait an hour just to access it again. But the time was well spent as I finally got around to fully uninstalling and reinstalling Mozilla Suite since it started not randomly loading out of nowhere a few days ago.

I was on earlier and my forum connection went kaput and just died on me all of a sudden, I had to wait an hour just to access it again. But the time was well spent as I finally got around to fully uninstalling and reinstalling Mozilla Suite since it started not randomly loading out of nowhere a few days ago.

I couldn't log on to CCleaners Forum for at least 3 hours today. <annoying>

Bummer about the re-install Andavari. Glad you're up and runnin'.