Motorcycle lovers

Super Fast

I just bought a motorcycle this year.

$1,900 for a 2006 Honda Rebel with 689 miles on it. Brand new condition, as it was kept in storage when not being used.

I was surprised by how much fun it is to drive a motorcycle. After practicing riding in my yard a bit, I went ahead & got my motorcycle permit. As a side benefit, it also gets from 55 to 85 MPG from what I am told. It goes about 85 mph (136 kmh), which is more than enough for me for day to day use. I love how comfortable it feels, & since it is a smaller bike, it is easier to control. It is very easy to start, & I have heard some users claim they are still using a Honda Rebel after 28 years of use...

Are there any other motorcycle riders/lovers up here? What kind(s) of bike(s) do you have, & when did you decide to take up riding?

• Moderators

I've riden one in the past before, but after seeing a friend get hit on his and dragged almost a 1/4 mile by some woman in a car who didn't even know she hit him I was done, that and how so many people get killed on them.

I know you'll enjoy the freedom on it and all, but do be careful. Hope you're at least wearing a proper helmet and have on proper riding gear because at some point you'll end up spilling it in a crash all on your own due to the crappy pothole filled roads in this country.

It might be worth the extra money to take a professional riding course/class that will give you some important tips to get you out of situations.

• Moderators

I have never been on a motorbike, but I would love to own one. Speed is definitely something which lights my candle (legally of course), and it must be a real kicker to open up a motorbike.

I would give my right arm for a ride on the back of a two seater MotoGP bike with maybe Casey Stoner or Valentino. If I ever get those six numbers up .... ah, wishful thinking.

And just slightly off topic, a ride in a two seater Formula 1 car would be a close second.

But Super Fast, it goes without saying, ride careful and be safe.

WEAR A HELMET. WEAR EYE PROTECTION. Even if you don't want to.

You can't feel the wind in your hair if you're in a coma.

Ok, ok, I know, doom and gloom type message, but it's important.

The very first time I rode without eye protection, after about 35 years with it, a big giant beetle hit me just below the eye.

I think that beetle weighed 20 pounds. :P No harm done, but a lesson well taught.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

You didn't list wear a seat belt. :lol:

That merely protects the motor bike by converting the rider into a crumple zone.

On the other hand strapping the rider to a half full tank of petrol could quickly terminate the pain of sliding at 100 MPH through gravel on hands, elbows, and knees.

Your mileage may vary :wacko:

You didn't list wear a seat belt. :lol:

:P

Also skipped the part about knee and elbow protection, and why those evil leather jackets originally served a good purpose. Thought it might be a bit over the top.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I think that beetle weighed 20 pounds. :P

Please no beetle jokes and motorbike riding, I rode into the back of a convertible Volkswagen Beetle and flipped into the back seat, luckily I wasn't hurt.

If you get a Honda Goldwing, it has cup holders, windshields, a couch, ac, heat, cruise control, ... Ok, so the seat isn't a couch, but it may as well be! If you get a Goldwing, you are nearly driving a car down the road, because it has almost everything a car does.

But I like my Honda Rebel. Looks like a Harley Sportster, & lots cheaper. Both in gas & price. :P

• Moderators

Somehow that just seems so wrong, don't even wanna know the way "inside."

Skylight entry would be the way to go on that one I think.

@ SF

You'll have to get us pics of this wondrous machine.

• Moderators

If you get a Honda Goldwing, it has cup holders, windshields, a couch, ac, heat, cruise control, ...

I looked at one of those they had in my mall as a vehicle display, the thing looked like it weighed as much as a small moon, and the price whew it was up there in car territory.

I looked at one of those they had in my mall as a vehicle display, the thing looked like it weighed as much as a small moon, and the price whew it was up there in car territory.

The weight should not be felt when you are riding correctly,

but it could be to heavy when it has you pinned to to road.

Hi All,

Just finished upgrading CCleaner and tripped across the great posts on motorcycles started by Super. Brought back fond memories. First experience in grade school. We lived adjacent to a wooded cemetery and a friend gave me a ride on a scooter and it stayed in my blood.

First year in college wern't allowed a motor vehicle but next year bought a Bridgestone 175 and had a ball. A few years later added a BSA 650 and that was a screamer. Came off it during rain due to brakes not being applied evenly and rolled down the street into a yard before the car behind got me.

On way to work was waiting on oncoming traffic and noticed the BSA missing so I reved it up pretty good. Grease on the clutch handle let my hand slip and this baby shot straight up in the air throwing me off backward. It went on the auction block that day believing in third time's a charm.

Still keep my endorsement after thirty years because you never know when I might get the urge. Got to go, good day to everyone.

Warlock

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

@ SF

You'll have to get us pics of this wondrous machine.

By request!

* Update! Seems to get 70 MPG in town. -> (10-7-2012) 150 + miles on a single fill up on the way from a bike rally. 2 Gallons with .7 reserve (2.7 G total)

Did not have to hit reserve on the way back, so over 75 MPG so far...

• Moderators

Most of our Spedometers tend to list KPH as well if I recall correctly

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Do you guys over there have combined MPH/KPH on your speedo's?

Both are on vehicles. Have to remember we can drive/ride right into Canada which uses KPH, also the vehicles are sold in Canada as well - basically called North American models.