Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators
I think you should release a new version of Winapp2.ini since there are lots of new additions.

Lol

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Lol

What rudeness did you find in my comments?

I spend lots of time to make/correct entries for this project and I don't even have the right to ask? Before he used to release Winapp2.ini twice a month.

My experience with you is not nice. I see you as a very aggressive person. You don't deserve to be a moderator of this forum!

I live in a free society and I am not shy to ask!

You didn't ask, you stated what you thought he SHOULD do, that's what was rude. Winapp is (AFAIK) busy studying at college and does this in his spare time, he doesn't have to and gets nothing for it, and without him the winapp2 file probably wouldn't exist in the way it does now, so I think he's entitled to release an update when it's convenient for him, not anyone else.

You didn't ask, you stated what you thought he SHOULD do, that's what was rude. Winapp is (AFAIK) busy studying at college and does this in his spare time, he doesn't have to and gets nothing for it, and without him the winapp2 file probably wouldn't exist in the way it does now, so I think he's entitled to release an update when it's convenient for him, not anyone else.

We all are volunteers here. No one is forcing him to do this. I also don't make any money here, but being an IT professional, I can earn money for the time I spend here.

Let the hate flow guys.

The question should maybe have been:

I would appreciate if you might want to consider eventually releasing a new version of Winapp2.ini since there are a whole bunch of fresh additions, please. This is of course only if you could without complication find some spare time you would want to use for this operation. Have a nice and fulfilling day, dearest Sir.

I think it may even reduce workload if you release a new version if many entries get added/changed.

• Moderators

Yes, but all of these "release now" comment seem to sell short the fact that Winapp releases every month with the ccleaner release (and relatively as he is able), if he were to release it now he'd have to release it again in likely less than a week.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Let the hate flow guys.

The question should maybe have been:

I would appreciate if you might want to consider eventually releasing a new version of Winapp2.ini since there are a whole bunch of fresh additions, please. This is of course only if you could without complication find some spare time you would want to use for this operation. Have a nice and fulfilling day, dearest Sir.

I think it may even reduce workload if you release a new version if many entries get added/changed.

Thank you so much for understanding my point. I was not trying to force him to release a new version by saying "should".

Hey, come on guys. No fighting. SMalik has been a good addition to Winapp2 keeping it alive and maintained and Nergel is a good moderator who helps keep the forums clean. Let's put it behind us now and keep working on Winapp2 together.

New entry:

[Rage*]

Section=Games
Detect=HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam\Apps\9200

Default=False

Warning=This will remove the cache files that are created after you appled the high resolution patch.

FileKey1=%AppData%\id software\rage|*.*|RECURSE

Assuming I did this right, this entry is for people who did the high resolution patch for rage. It was not included in any update patches and needs to be done manually. After you did the high resolution patch, you are told to create the folder manually which is where cache files will being dumped. Just incase if any of you asked what this entry is.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

Did [AMD/ATI*] ever remove installers?

I have:

"ccc2_install.exe" in C:\Program Files\AMD\CCC2\Install

"MOM.InstallProxy.exe" in C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\MOM-InstallProxy

"MOM.InstallProxy.exe" in C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\MOM-InstallProxy

Did [AMD/ATI*] ever remove installers?

I have:

"ccc2_install.exe" in C:\Program Files\AMD\CCC2\Install

"MOM.InstallProxy.exe" in C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\MOM-InstallProxy

"MOM.InstallProxy.exe" in C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\MOM-InstallProxy

It used to a long while back, haven't been using AMD/ATI for ages though so no idea what it does now

New:

[Reus*]
Section=Games
Detect=HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam\Apps\222730
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\SteamApps\common\Reus|errorReport*.txt
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Steam\SteamApps\common\Reus|errorReport*.txt

New Entries

[Extensions Databases*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\IndexedDB|*.*|RECURSE

[Extensions State*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extension State|*.*|RECURSE

[History*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default|History

[Quota Manager Data*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default|QuotaManager

[search Engines Data*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default|Web Data

[session Storage*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Session Storage|*.*|RECURSE

Revised Entries

Changed HKCU to HKCR

[Windows 7/8 MUICache*]
DetectOS=6.1|
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache

[Windows 7/8 ShellBags*]
DetectOS=6.1|
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
Warning=This will delete window size, window position and view setting of all folders.
RegKey1=HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey2=HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
Edited by SMalik

SpacialAudio Sam Broadcaster (3.x - 4.x)

SAMBC can be used to Stream Music over internet.

- Log files

- Backups

[SAM Broadcaster*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect1=HKCU\Software\SAMBC
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\SpacialAudio\SAMBC|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\SpacialAudio\SAMBC\backup|*.*|RECURSE

Revised Entries

Changed HKCU to HKCR

[Windows 7/8 MUICache*]
DetectOS=6.1|
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCR\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache

[Windows 7/8 ShellBags*]
DetectOS=6.1|
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
Warning=This will delete window size, window position and view setting of all folders.
RegKey1=HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey2=HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

Are you sure that [Windows 7/8 MuiCache*] should be changed?  My Windows 8.1.1 x64 Professional registry does not have a HKCR\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache.  It has a HKCR\Local Settings\MuiCache.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Are you sure that [Windows 7/8 MuiCache*] should be changed?  My Windows 8.1.1 x64 Professional registry does not have a HKCR\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache.  It has a HKCR\Local Settings\MuiCache.

You're right I made a mistake. It should be: HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache

It is also at HKCR\Local Settings\MuiCache, but I suggest that we should not wipe it. It belongs to system.

You're right I made a mistake. It should be: HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache

It is also at HKCR\Local Settings\MuiCache, but I suggest that we should not wipe it. It belongs to system.

Hmmmm.... I do not have that key either.  Under HKCR\Local Settings\............\Shell, I only have BagMRU and Bags as subkeys.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

It used to a long while back, haven't been using AMD/ATI for ages though so no idea what it does now

Figured it out, windows was faster then I was at updating drivers so it was remnants of that.

@Winapp2

can WINAPP2.ini be changed to Winapp2.ini in trim.bat?

so merge.bat plays nicer :wub:

I tested it out by replacing all WinApp2/WINAPP2's to just Winapp2 with no error

(^most winapp2s in a post record?)

Hmmmm.... I do not have that key either.  Under HKCR\Local Settings\............\Shell, I only have BagMRU and Bags as subkeys.

I don't know why you don't have this location. Let me look into this.