Need some input from other members.

DennisD

• Moderators

I would appreciate you guys helping me out with a forum problem.

For the last three days, the "View New Content" button has thrown this error up for me ...

67773f222c5d.jpg

I just need as many of you who read this to simply click it to see if it's working for you. Some of you may never use it, or haven't used it for a while, which is why I'm asking.

Before you start offering fixes, I've tried just about every possibility there is.

With and without any "Flash" installation.

With javascript enabled and disabled.

Opera, Firefox, and IE sandboxed and not sandboxed.

From my daughters laptop to eliminate my computer.

Used my old Thomson USB modem to eliminate my router.

Using Peppermint Linux running from a CD.

None of these made a difference.

Tried the same button on another IPBoard forum logged out and in, and it worked fine. (hazels excellent idea)

The oddity here, is the button works fine while I'm logged out, and throws up the error when logged in.

The devs can't reproduce it, and are therefore stymied at the moment.

I'm wondering now if I'm completely on my own with this, or is there another out there who has, or has had, a similar problem.

Thanks.

Works for me as well.

It could be ISP related, some cache or run invisible proxies which could potentially mess up web data.

I've had weird issues with web pages from my cable provider before, as soon as I switched to dial-up problem solved.

Since you have a laptop handy would it be possible to visit a friend's house and borrow their wifi access??

Richard S.

• Moderators

Works for me as well.

It could be ISP related, some cache or run invisible proxies which could potentially mess up web data.

I've had weird issues with web pages from my cable provider before, as soon as I switched to dial-up problem solved.

Since you have a laptop handy would it be possible to visit a friend's house and borrow their wifi access??

Richard S.

I'll file that one away for tomorrow Richard, thanks.

And thanks for the input from you other guys.

• Moderators

Nope, not yet.

Although it seems that all the years I've spent with the reprobates on here have corrupted me.

Actually it's my account or profile whatever you call it that's corrupt. I opened a new account as a test, and it worked perfectly. Credit to Nergal for suspecting that possibility.

At the moment the option I've got from the admin is to merge my account with another, but they don't know as yet what the outcome of that would be. I could be a newbie again with no friends. :(

Anyways, I'm waiting for input from the devs, which is why I didn't come back here with an answer.

• Moderators

Just to drift slightly off topic, well, way off topic really but it's my topic so what the hell, I've just noticed the "chess" in your interests Kroozer.

I used to be an avid player many years ago, reading every book I could get from the library, buying a PS2 ChessMaster game, playing at work, and a mate and myself took a chess board along to our local pub where we usually played darts.

We got a lot of ribbing off the other regulars, but by the time the night was out, they were all gathered around our table watching the game. It caught on with the other guys pretty quickly.

As I say, many years ago, and I couldn't even remember the openings and defences these days which I knew back then.

I'm not sure if I could muster the concentration for chess now.

:)

• Moderators

Please follow as many steps as possible from here: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20120 and post your logs.

:P

:blink::blink:

uh don't think that'd help what with the sql database not being on his computer :blink::blink: and it not being . . . ooooooo you wuz joking :-? :rolleyes::ph34r::ph34r:

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

We got a lot of ribbing off the other regulars, but by the time the night was out, they were all gathered around our table watching the game. It caught on with the other guys pretty quickly.

As I say, many years ago, and I couldn't even remember the openings and defences these days which I knew back then.

Like you, I've attended many social gatherings where the host (aware I was a player) produced a chess game, two of us would begin to play and we'd eventually draw a sizable audience. Chess is the only fascinating game for me. When alone I enjoy my Ubisoft Grandmaster.

If you ever decide to get a program you would quickly resume where you left off because all should have tutorials and every level of play. :)

@ Nergal "ooooooo you wuz joking :-?"

yep, I get that a lot, gonna have to work on my delivery, I guess. :-)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

If you ever decide to get a program you would quickly resume where you left off because all should have tutorials and every level of play. :)

This is the one I have for PS2, and it's been gathering dust for a few years now, probably since I first came on line in 2006.

Chessmaster II:

I might just shake the dust off, and get a couple of books from the library.

• Moderators

Turn that unhappy face upside down, I'll be your friend!:) Even though starting over you'd technically be a newbie!:P

Starting again would have folk wondering.

The guy joins last week, has 2 posts, and he's a moderator!! How does that work? :)

Turn that unhappy face upside down, I'll be your friend!:)

Yep, me too. :D

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

After googling:

http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-19058-there-appears-to-be-an-error-with-the-database/

it seems to be a driver (which might get solved) problem but I can't understand why it has affected certain profiles only. I can't make heads or tails of the fix as I know nothing about Forum hosting.

The developers can consider an upgrade or fixing the driver. http://www.invisionpower.com/products/board/ $150 might be a bit heavy though. O.o

Simplicity is hard.