the foods we hated as kids

Xion44

are there any types of foods you disliked as a kid..and if some of you are still kids, speak up now :P .. for me the foods listed are still the number one on my hate list:

lobster

crab

scallops

cooked carrots

lamb

oysters (raw)

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.
They have helped me and many others in the past. Excellent hints and advice!

BigSmile.png

I'm 16 :o

I don't like the following:

Pizza (With tomato sauce, I do like white pizza)

Chicken

Ham

Pork

Bologna

Salami

Tomatoes (I do like Ketchup)

Roast Beef

Yams

Garlic

Beets

Mango

Anything that lives in the water

Sushi

I dislike more that I can't think of, I can sum it up by safely saying that my dinner consists of little but hamburgers or meatloaf or pasta, hehe.

I don't know why I can't gain any weight, however. I hate weighing 92lbs >:[

you hate sushi? its one of asia's most reveired delicacies. oh well

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.

BigSmile.png

I can't remember that far back but I hate:

raw onions

red and green peppers

ketchup

pepperoni

Kraft cheese

Not fond of:

spaghetti

rigatoni

I love:

lobster

crab

scallops

cooked carrots

lamb

oysters (raw)

Pizza without pepperoni

Ham

Pork

Rare Roast Beef

Broccoli with cheese sauce

Yams

Fresh Garlic

Beets

Mango

Anything that lives in the water

I am really lucky to have a really good Sushi restaurant close by

I'm a healthy weight and a bit older than 16 but I could loose a few pound.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

The foods I hated as a kid are pretty much what I hate now. lol

tomatoes (but love ketchup)

raw onions

spinach

collard greens

radishes

brussel sprouts

sushi

homony

lamb

liver

cottage cheese

ox tails

I'm sure there's more I can add but nothing else is coming to mind right this very second.

Foods I love:

chicken

steak

rare home made roast beef

yams/sweet taters

eggs

cheese

jalapenos

chili

bell peppers

sauteed onions

hashbrowns

ham

pork

watermelon

apples

bananas

mangoes

raspberries

strawberries

grapes

yogurt

fried clams once in a blue moon

There's more that I can add to this list too, but we'd be here all day if I did. lol

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

The foods I hated as a kid are pretty much what I hate now. lol

tomatoes (but love ketchup)

raw onions

spinach

collard greens

radishes

brussel sprouts

sushi

homony

lamb

liver

cottage cheese

ox tails

I'm sure there's more I can add but nothing else is coming to mind right this very second.

Foods I love:

chicken

steak

rare home made roast beef

yams/sweet taters

eggs

cheese

jalapenos

chili

bell peppers

sauteed onions

hashbrowns

ham

pork

watermelon

apples

bananas

mangoes

raspberries

strawberries

grapes

yogurt

fried clams once in a blue moon

There's more that I can add to this list too, but we'd be here all day if I did. lol

I love onion!

Not the best thing to eat before kissing however. D:

• Moderators

• Beer (because I wasn't allowed to drink it, when someone was looking)
  • Peas (still hate them to this day with a passion)
  • Steamed/Cooked Carrots
  • Garlic (especially if baked into stuff, it upsets my nose as in allergically)
  • Onions (they upset my stomach so a definite hated food to this day)
  • Hot Sauce/Tabasco Sauce (I do however like hot sauce as an adult)
  • Pumpkin Pie (still don't like it one bit)
  • Baked Potatoes (still don't like them, it's like eating white dirt, blah)
  • Unbreaded cheap shrimp (still don't like it, now I know why dogs roll on it, funky smelling disgusting stuff)
  • Avocado
  • German chocolate (was given some of it by an actual German woman and spit it out, hey what was a kid to do that was used to Snicker bars)
  • Sour Croat (the side-effects can be rather bowel moving)
  • Pizza without pepperoni (the same as YoKenny so at least we could share a pizza - a really big pizza!)
  • One particular salamis (can't actually remember the name of that one which was nasty)
  • Noodles (still don't like noodles)
  • Mac and Cheese (still don't like it, hence there's noodles in it)
  • Relish (still don't like it)
  • Roast (still would rather never eat it, it's too difficult to digest)

I cant believe what I'm seeing in these hate lists :huh:

About the only things I would rather not eat or drink are...? gee I cant think of anything! :lol:

I'm not that fond of KFC! it's too greasy! :P

omg another sushi hater..why? what did they ever do to you lulu. ha-ha. ever tasted wasabi before? now thats gross.

80999699qp6.jpg

BigSmile.png

The foods I hated when I was small, probably when I was around 3-4 years old.

All vegetables, be it as small as the carrots found in instant noodles

Soup-based main main course

All fruits besides bananas (though I only eat dried mangoes now)

All I eat back then were bananas (though I dislike them now), luncheon meats, and other fried meals, depending on their taste.

omg another sushi hater..why? what did they ever do to you lulu. ha-ha. ever tasted wasabi before? now thats gross.
A small bit of wasabi added under a Hamachi or Hotatagai is my idea of communicating with God.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=0b75cl4-qRE <== reminds me when I was in Tokyo and I visited a sushi bar

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I love all foods except hotdogs (but then they aren't really food). I will eat pretty much anything, cooked any way. But I am pretty strict with my diet, always trying to eat healthy and clean.

curious to know what that racoon said to his pal hmm

80999699qp6.jpg

BigSmile.png

Well, at least "cabbagerolls" were one i didn't like. Don't know if i would like them now, probably not. I don't know if they are made outside of Finland? But other wise, i liked pretty much all foods.

http://vuodatus-media-2.web-effect.net/g/2281/859514.jpg

Edit: Hmm, apparently they are made else where too: http://southernfood.about.com/od/cabbagema.../r/bl30620u.htm

Well, at least "cabbagerolls" were one i didn't like. Don't know if i would like them now, probably not. I don't know if they are made outside of Finland? But other wise, i liked pretty much all foods.

Edit: Hmm, apparently they are made else where too: http://southernfood.about.com/od/cabbagema.../r/bl30620u.htm

I like them with Pirogies my that Ukrainian friends serve:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi

IE7Pro user

Haha sorry but raw fish and seaweed shoved in my mouth makes me want to vomit. If you like it, then you can have my portion. LOL

Yup I've tried Wasabi as well. It's not just nasty, it's NARSTY!!!

we had em growing up, loved em then, loved em now!

unfortunately my wife and kids are rather picky eaters so i don't make all the things that i would like.....but anyone that ever has me over for supper knows that it doesn't matter what is served, i love it and am grateful! :)

Missed this one before. I, too, love cabbage rolls. Been eating them since I was a wee tot. Yum!!

The only foods I hate are not for taste, but because of a mixture of IBS and lactose intolerance. :(

Although, as a kid, I hated eggs. With a passion. But I liked eggnog. Until my parents told me there were eggs in it.

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

• Moderators
The only foods I hate are not for taste, but because of a mixture of IBS and lactose intolerance. :(

I found out I had lactose intolerance in middle school, simply for that fact they made us drink milk. So yeah products with milk in them don't always agree with me either.

Now corn gives me some troubles too as in not being able to fully digest it, however I suspect that's because it could be genetically enhanced corn that is perhaps not labeled as being such. The warning they had on the news several years ago about genetically enhanced corn didn't sound too good about it giving people problems. But how to escape from corn, it's in so many food products however at least for me it's only the corn in its original form that causes me issues. Funny how twenty years ago I could eat corn with no issues whatsoever, but nowadays I must avoid it.