Which cell phone do you have?

ishan_rulz

i have a telus chocolate flip phone. i use my phone constantly for both work and personal and like the convenience, and also the fact my wife and kids can get ahold of me anytime since i dont work out of an office. i can also access my msn and facebook on my phone and it has games, so its a bit of a toy too. :)

• Moderators
I must be one of the few people left in the modern world who doesn't own a cell phone, and I never will.

I dislike the dammed things for many reasons - far too many to go into here :)

Ditto! ;)

I won't elaborate either.

Nokia 6102. It does the job. No bluetooth though. Don't want it and don't need it. lol

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

Just had to unlock my old nokia from the old service provider. Used this site to get the code free. It worked.

(notice I said unlock, not unblock which means it's had a stop put on it because it probably been stolen)

http://www.unlockitfree.com/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I do not have one and I will not get one. People who walk around talking with that idiotic blue tooth earphone thingie should be taken out and summarily shot. People who sit at restaurants shouting into their cell phones while they have the phone on speakerphone should suffer the same fate. There is nothing in this world more intrusive and annoying to me than people talking on a cell phone totally oblivious to those around them. I have no interest in your phone conversation. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to walk into a building and the entrance is blocked by some self-important yahoo yacking in his phone. The person can't just stand there and talk. No, the person has to wander about aimlessly and brainlessly while he's talking, blocking the entrance and bumping into those of us just wishing to get through the damn doors. Don't even get me started on the immature, pre-pubescent punks and sundry adult clowns who think text messaging is fun and/or an important way of communicating. What's worse is they text while driving, endangering me. I know in some countries in Europe you can legally buy and use a scrambler that will block the signals of cell phones. I believe many movie theaters over there use them. Unfortunately they're illegal here in the U.S. or no one within one hundred yards of me would EVER be able to get a signal. No one under 30 years of age should be allowed to own or operate a cell phone. You should be licensed to use one and to get said license a person should have to take classes in etiquette and manners and safety and pay $5,000 per year to obtain and keep the license. Cell phones, for some reason, turn many otherwise intelligent and courteous persons into selfish, dangerous cretins, jerks and morons.

Wow, after all of that I feel a bit better now :lol:

lol....that was pretty funny David. But dont throw out the baby with the bathwater. Once my kids are of age i will definately be getting them on our family plan so that we can reach eachother when need be. its funny cause i know people that dont have a house phone, tv, or computer and say they will never get any of them, and me (with the exception of the tv) wouldnt do without. :)

I must be one of the few people left in the modern world who doesn't own a cell phone, and I never will.

I had one when I was working but now that I'm retired I don't need one and my home phone is only an arms length away and if I need one outside there's usually a pay phone within a short walking distance.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Its nice to see there are a few likeminded people round here. :rolleyes:

In the UK you can buy the scramblers, which basically block the phone signals with whitenoise, with prices starting from around ?250, depending on theyre range/power. The problem is they are illegal to use.

As I slowly turn into a grumpy old man, I just might make an investment and have some fun.. ;)

I do not have one and I will not get one. People who walk around talking with that idiotic blue tooth earphone thingie should be taken out and summarily shot. People who sit at restaurants shouting into their cell phones while they have the phone on speakerphone should suffer the same fate. There is nothing in this world more intrusive and annoying to me than people talking on a cell phone totally oblivious to those around them. I have no interest in your phone conversation. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to walk into a building and the entrance is blocked by some self-important yahoo yacking in his phone. The person can't just stand there and talk. No, the person has to wander about aimlessly and brainlessly while he's talking, blocking the entrance and bumping into those of us just wishing to get through the damn doors. Don't even get me started on the immature, pre-pubescent punks and sundry adult clowns who think text messaging is fun and/or an important way of communicating. What's worse is they text while driving, endangering me. I know in some countries in Europe you can legally buy and use a scrambler that will block the signals of cell phones. I believe many movie theaters over there use them. Unfortunately they're illegal here in the U.S. or no one within one hundred yards of me would EVER be able to get a signal. No one under 30 years of age should be allowed to own or operate a cell phone. You should be licensed to use one and to get said license a person should have to take classes in etiquette and manners and safety and pay $5,000 per year to obtain and keep the license. Cell phones, for some reason, turn many otherwise intelligent and courteous persons into selfish, dangerous cretins, jerks and morons.

Wow, after all of that I feel a bit better now :lol:

LOL I am so glad I do not fit into all that. Yes I have a cell phone and yes I do use it. But I don't talk when I drive, don't dare have a conversation in a restaurant or while I'm standing in line at the bank and don't even attempt texting while I am behind the wheel of a car. I had originally gotten it for emergencies (and I will say I thank God everyday for it for there have been many emergencies that it came in handy) and then my mom wanted one for emergencies as well. So we ended up getting a family plan. Then decided to get my dad one and kill the house phone since the family plan, for the 3 of us, was cheaper than our original phone bill. lol So all in all it worked out pretty fair. Cell phones aren't bad, but people abuse them in far too many circumstances.

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Mine: Sony Ericsson K510i

Just bought it a couple of weeks ago to replace the Sony Ericsson K508i that I bust the screen of (I like Sony Ericssons). I'm not one of these that replaces their phone every few months to be trendy, would still be using my old phone if I'd not broke it (was about 2 1/2 years old). And I don't do expensive phones either, my new one was ?44, just makes you a target for muggers IMHO.

People who walk around talking with that idiotic blue tooth earphone thingie should be taken out and summarily shot.

Bluetooth doesn't mean that .. thats just the bluetooth headphones and is optional .

Bluetooth is a well .. i donno how to explain it .. its a wireless connection .. u can transfer files (music .. video .. data ) between 2 cellphones at high speed ..

Simplicity is hard.