Freeshare Image Hosting closing down

DennisD

• Moderators

Image Shack is a non starter for me. I'm sorry to say that if a post on here is linked to it, I often just click out of it before the download completes.

Apologies to users of Image Shack, but apart from the slow download, I regularly got ads for online poker appearing behind my browser windows which I never knew about until I closed down the browser.

So if you guys find anywhere as clean looking and smooth as Freeshare, please let me know, and I'll do the same.

:blink: OK, maybe I have one on xs.to. If so, below is the link. New to this, hope this goes to the right place.

00206.jpg.xs.jpg

edit: So far, so good. . .

edit 2: CeeCee, you were right, xs.to easy enough for even me, offers clearly explained choices.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

:P OK, maybe I have one on imageannex. If so, below is the link.

i8371_COINCOIN.JPG

Well, that worked too. Does that gyrating chicken violate any rules? It certainly annoys me, and I put it there. <_<

edit: hyperkinetic chicken has been replaced by serene ducks, if I did this right. . .

Well, CeeCee and Andavari, you were both right, good hosting sites, obviously simple to use :lol:

ImageShack FAQ says:

"You do not have to delete a picture that you no longer use. We have plenty of hard drive capacity to accommodate your needs. However, if you really want us to remove your image(s), contact us via email."

Also, you apparently have to keep the link to each?? of your images.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

I used xs.to for ages, and then I started to get a google ad in place of the thumbnail after uploading. Got no thumbnail at all, just that damn ad everytime. Shame, cos it is an ok site.

This is the 3rd time I've asked this, do any of you guys get a google ad in place of the thumbnail?

Not counting Andavari, as he's already answered the question.

Might take another look, see if I still get it.

. . .

This is the 3rd time I've asked this, do any of you guys get a google ad in place of the thumbnail?

. . .

No, I got the thumbnail of the ostrich on xs.to, but not until I went to "my files" and entered the user ID.

On ImageAnnex, I got the manic chicken by entering the link to the upload session.

No Google ad.

Gonna replace that chicken. . . <_<. . .chicken's gone

• Moderators
Here's a site that lists a bunch of free image/file hosting services (got this by following a link at the bottom of http://XS.to):

http://www.top20free.com/free_hosting.html

Cheers, I'll try that. Still got the same problem at xs.to.

173fs242846_th.jpg

Only difference is the ad is blocked by hosts file, but it would be there. ;)

Edit: Andavari, if I can't find one there, I'll put myself down. :)

• Moderators
Cheers, I'll try that.

One of those free image hosting sites opens a whole other Firefox window in the background that loads another site. :rolleyes: I don't know which one it was because I never noticed the window until I closed Firefox.

• Moderators
One of those free image hosting sites opens a whole other Firefox window in the background that loads another site. :rolleyes: I don't know which one it was because I never noticed the window until I closed Firefox.

Sounds like the surprise I got when I started finding the online poker ads behind FF, unless your extra window was something worth looking at. :)

I'll let you know if I find it.

• Moderators
Sounds like the surprise I got when I started finding the online poker ads behind FF, unless your extra window was something worth looking at. :)

Actually I didn't look at the window long enough, I only noticed a colour orange on the page but before I could see anything else I had already killed that open window. :lol:

Looks ok but as I do with some of these sites I tried turning of Adblock to see the kind, and amount, of ads on the page you see if you click on your pic and my opinion of it plummeted. Seriously, try it (and scroll down for the pretty graphic flash ads). I won't be using it.

Hi guys B)

It's a pity that "Freeshare.us" is closing down :(

I just spent 5 minutes trying to get the site to load before coming here, I didn't realize it was gone.

Any one know why?

Edit: I thought it was finished because my shortcut to the site wasn't working, it closes on the 15/9/07 :(

OK, I just spent the last half/hour looking for a replacement for Freeshare.us :(

I can't find a site that worked as good "as quick" for me.

I really liked the public image gallery on Freeshare...

• Moderators
Looks ok but as I do with some of these sites I tried turning of Adblock to see the kind, and amount, of ads on the page you see if you click on your pic and my opinion of it plummeted. Seriously, try it (and scroll down for the pretty graphic flash ads). I won't be using it.

This is all I see JD, and that's as far as my interest goes, and its a big improvement on some others, inbcluding xs.to, which has big intrusive banner ads top and bottom.

1188982040f9c07a.gif

I dont have adblock. Hosts file and flash block, and IMHO, this is one of the cleanest and quickest loading sites I've tried over the last couple of days. The pages load instantly.

But, it's all personal choice.