Gazillion XP updates today!

rridgely

• Moderators

What the hell?

This topic was created by slowday444 and when I clicked it there was no post... So I responded and got the first post in the topic. :huh:

Anyway there were a bunch of updates today so get them if you haven't.

I noticed that there was even a security update to IE6 if you don't have IE7 installed. So if they are going to still support it and you hate IE7, it should still be about as safe to use 6 as it always was.(which isn't very..)

or mabye it was slowday444 but was unable to finish his topic due to super natural stuff........spooky............. :unsure:

yes that update was annoying as it hit you with what seemed to be everything at once but i am sure that windows knows what they are doing and it wasn't just to piss people off <_<

They have updated the error reporting tool.

It's now wider and has a close when finished check box for when you upload the report.

Found this out cause Windows Live Messenger crashed when I finished restarting after updating, which autoupdate didn't pick up I had to go to the Windows Update page to get (14 High rated updates)...

fireryone

• Moderators
I had to go to the Windows Update page to get (14 High rated updates)...

I ended up having to get all 17 updates available for my PC from Microsoft Updates. Automatic updates really is a total complete p.o.s. because it never even triggered until of course the updates were already downloading from Microsoft Updates. :rolleyes:

Pretty cool, I didn't know that. :)

I think it scans when you install it right?

Yes I think it scans automatically, in the background, on install. After that you can run it whenever you like via Start. Run> mrt.

Don't know if it's any good though. :unsure:

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

• Moderators
What the hell?

This topic was created by slowday444 and when I clicked it there was no post... So I responded and got the first post in the topic. :huh:

In a similar vein, I posted in Lounge > Oscar Nominations > post#17, and although it is there, it does not show up on the main topic screen. ;)

XanaTos112, who I was replying to, probably has no idea it`s there. Until now.

Regards

• Moderators

The malicious software removal tool is for removing only a select few infections.(worms mostly like sasser, blaster, ect)

The infections it removes can be removed by pretty much any decent antivirus. So for us its not really doing anything.

The tool was made to prevent the epidemic like spread of those infections to machines that aren't kept up.(you know 99% of all computers. :P)

Here is a list of all the infections it fixes:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwarer...e/families.mspx