Why is CCleaner's alleged "support" email address invalid?

I've been a customer for years. Today I received an invoice/payment confirmation email indicating that I’ve paid for another year’s subscription to CCleaner Professional Plus, but when I view my license info within the application it’s showing there are still over two months before my subscriptions ends. I attempted to email CCleaner's support via the email address shown in their useless website (support@ccleaner.com), but the message was immediately bounced with an "undeliverable" error message.  

I want Piriform to double check their records to ensure I’m not being billed for multiple versions of the same subscription/product. The online subscription management functionality is abysmal and beyond useless. I have a feeling I'm paying for multiple versions of the same product and there's no easy way to reach out for billing support. We're in 2023, for crying out loud... it shouldn't be this difficult.

• Moderators

That is the valid email address and is used by many daily, check and see if that's what you typed in and not accidentally something like cccleaner or something similar, especially if it's immediately rejecting.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

6 minutes ago, Nergal said:

That is the valid email address and is used by many daily, check and see if that's what you typed in and not accidentally something like cccleaner or something similar, especially if it's immediately rejecting.

No, it was the correct address. But apparently attachments (even the PDFs they send you) and/or screen shots are grounds for immediate rejection. Which is stupid. I sent multiple emails, with the attachment and without, with the in-app license screen shot and without, and they were all rejected for whatever reason. I sent a plain text email, sans attachment or screen shot and the email apparently went through. It's 2023! Good lord...

We'll see what happens. I've been nothing but pleased with this application for years. But my first time needing to engage support has been less than stellar. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ptrthgr8 said:

No, it was the correct address. But apparently attachments (even the PDFs they send you) and/or screen shots are grounds for immediate rejection. Which is stupid. I sent multiple emails, with the attachment and without, with the in-app license screen shot and without, and they were all rejected for whatever reason. I sent a plain text email, sans attachment or screen shot and the email apparently went through. It's 2023! Good lord...

We'll see what happens. I've been nothing but pleased with this application for years. But my first time needing to engage support has been less than stellar. 

Try zipping the files before you send them as an attachment.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
7 hours ago, ptrthgr8 said:

It's 2023! Good lord...

Unfortunately in 2023 email attachments are the main method of delivering ransomware to companies.

It only takes one inattentive employee to open a malicious email attachment and the whole of a companys records can get encrypted, and/or their system compromised or made inacessible.

So many email applications used by companies have pretty strict automatic filters on attachments in emails nowadays, particularly emails that arrive 'out of the blue' as it where.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin

Emails sent to customer support with suspicious attachments, from dubious mailservers, or telling us that we've won the lottery are not bounced but end up in a spam folder that is periodically checked by customer support for any genuine customer enquiries.  A completely undelivered email is usually due to some form of transitory fault somewhere further up the line - although we do indeed also get people misspelling CCleaner.com with a random number of "c"s, or having responses delayed when they try to contact the HR department or corporate sales team instead of customer support.

I note that OP was able to contact and interact with customer support on previous occasions (so most probably did have the correct email address) and that an email sent to us at 01:45 BST this morning did indeed make it through and is sitting there in the customer support queue.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

4 minutes ago, Dave CCleaner said:

I note that OP was able to contact and interact with customer support on previous occasions (so most probably did have the correct email address) and that an email sent to us at 01:45 BST this morning did indeed make it through and is sitting there in the customer support queue.

Thanks for the confirmation, Dave. It's appreciated.