Annoying Sales Popups from CCleaner - How to STOP!

Ya Know

5 hours ago, nukecad said:

Why do people get so upset about advertising?
Why do they waste their time complainging? just ignore it and move on, the same as with any other advertising.

ALL PRODUCTS ADVERTISE, everything you own, everything you use, everything you eat or drink, it all has advertising.

It's entirely your choice if you use a particuar product or not, and why.
However you stop using every product that advertises, just because it advertises, then you are soon going to be cold and hungry.

PS. Do you write a letter to the advertiser complaining about every piece of junk mail that comes to your house? Or every advert that you see on your TV? or even other advertising on your computer such as the stuff Microsoft bombards you with or the advertising in your browser.
No, I thought not, just ignore ALL advertising and move on.

For a bit of fun: https://thecomplainingcow.co.uk/10-types-of-complainer-which-are-you/

cause when I’m using this computer as a media center and I’ve already paid for the software, I don’t need it to pop up while I’m watching tv or working on a project,

in what reality should I not complain about this when this software can’t even advertise to me in the right scaling on a 4k panel, can barely read anything it says, and can’t close it properly cause it’s an adjusted / modified task window.

Blatantly stupid. Seems a lot of paying customers that have been here for years are tired of it and moving on.

I don’t get any pop ups from Microsoft asking me to anything besides security related information. I don’t get any pop up’s on the web anymore because of an Adblock dns server I am running.

the only pop up I ever see is ccleaner, and even if I wanted to eliminate it with a power shell script or group policy gpo, I can’t because it would break the software.

i will move on, this is clear no one cares, will pay for a different product somewhere else, thanks.

IMG_0346.jpeg

Edited by michaelsmithvegas

• Moderators

Humorous photo, a small advertising popup shown 'interruping' - err, some full screen advertising.

i hope that was intended as a pun?

if not then it's  pretty ironic.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

1 minute ago, nukecad said:

Humorous photo, a small advertising popup shown 'interruping' - err, some full screen advertising.

i hope that was intended as a pun?

if not then it's  pretty ironic.

Well at least I can close it properly. And if it was a headless desktop, which it is, and forces programs out of full screen mode to do its overlay, again which you can’t even see. yea this is pretty ironic.

5 hours ago, nukecad said:

Why do people get so upset about advertising?
Why do they waste their time complainging? just ignore it and move on, the same as with any other advertising.

ALL PRODUCTS ADVERTISE, everything you own, everything you use, everything you eat or drink, it all has advertising.

It's entirely your choice if you use a particuar product or not, and why.
However you stop using every product that advertises, just because it advertises, then you are soon going to be cold and hungry.

PS. Do you write a letter to the advertiser complaining about every piece of junk mail that comes to your house? Or every advert that you see on your TV? or even other advertising on your computer such as the stuff Microsoft bombards you with or the advertising in your browser.
No, I thought not, just ignore ALL advertising and move on.

For a bit of fun: https://thecomplainingcow.co.uk/10-types-of-complainer-which-are-you/

Hmm?  I guess you havn't actually been reading all of the complaints in close detail on this thread ??!!?? If your product is truly impotyant to you I suggest that you should to see what others are saying as well!  It just seems as though you are going out of your way NOT to listen !!  ...... So, let's try this one more time.... If my license is going to expire soon, then give me a reminder WHEN I OPEN THE PROGRAM ... but as others have said, the issue is when you have those annoying popup boxes come up throughout the entire time you are using the software and it is up and running and you have to stop what you are doing to close it before you can move on! THAT my friend is what people object to! 

But, to constantly disrupt people as they are trying to use your product the entire time the software is loaded and for you to not listen to and respond in a positive way and acknowledge people's concerns and to make statements like you did about why people get so upset about advertising is evidence of a true disconnect between the software producer and it's customers, and that is why I stated that by continuing to do this will eventually leave you without a company! Ignore your customers at your own peril!

But, once again, you are fighting a losing battle to try to convince anyone here who has expressed themselves with a legitimate concern that continuing to do this with these popups should be OK and we should just all, "Shut up, sit down and enjoy the damn software!"... is that what you want?

• Moderators

@sjs94704

I totally understand what you are saying and I actually agree with you.

As far as I am concerned you own the product but that doesn't give Ccleaner the right to try and own your screen.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, sjs94704 said:

If your product is truly impotyant to you ...

... you are fighting a losing battle

.. is that what you want?

You appear to be under the mistaken belief that I am an employee of Piriform/CCleaner.

I am a user and my opinions are given as a user.

Personally I don't care if anyone wants to use CCleaner or not.

That's entirely your choice.

I came here and remain here to try and help other users where I can with problems they may be having, not arguments about adverts.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Probably the best course of action is to not allow CCleaner to run on startup sitting resident in the background. It kind of defeats the aspect of paying for it doing that however since it's annoying people with pop-ups that's a solution to look into.

Then only use it as a free user would which is on-demand, and that way it will only run when the user has actually started it manually, and when done cleaning and exiting its essentially off again.

• 1 month later...

Here's a novel idea:

For those of us who purchased the software and have a valid, active license, give us an option to actually disable these annoying notifications?

And yes, I've unchecked everything under "Privacy".  This is the main reason I cancelled my renewal.  I've paid for my ad-ware, and I'm still seeing ads?

No thanks.

I did not have time to read through all of this thread but FORCING PEOPLE TO REGISTER TO GET THE COOKIES.TXT IS BULL CRAP!
After sign up/in I couldn't sign back in because my username isn't correct the way I typed it "Technomage Awunes", I hope when I post this to be able to see my own user name so I can sign in via the correct google profile to save the password but if I can't I then hope I can delete my account data from your system. 

The new owners of ccleaner are CRAP.

If I get any more pop-up's, ad's or annoying notifications I WILL BE ENDING MY USE OF IT!

Edit: I found the issue with my account sign in - Awunes vs Awuens ... Got to typing too fast ... That's on me.

Edit2: Found that one can delete one's account data in the Account Settings > Security and Privacy

Edited by Technomage Awuens
final update

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Previous post deleted, this is an official software website and posting competition is not allowed.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

SIX MONTHS! I have SIX MONTHS left on my subscription, and I'm always getting pop-ups! This is not as the admin stated that you'll get a pop-up a few weeks before your subscription ends. Evidently, you do not know the product you are speaking about.

As others have already lamented, I've used Crap Cleaner from when it was a garage product. I've installed it on countless PCs over the years. This is all about to change because of these pop-ups. 

The admin here failed to acknowledge a very simple fact: THESE ARE POP-UPS! I don't care about the semantics of why they pop up; the simple fact is that these are indeed POP-UPS! 

The other thing the admin failed to comprehend is that when you're maintaining a crap-ton of PCs and switching from PC to PC to do your work, you do NOT want yet another thing getting in your way when you're already getting frustrated with a driver or network issue you're working on.

Yet, here is another thing that the admin does not comprehend: a bunch of people on here are taking time out of their lives to simply try to stop these pop-ups. After wasting time with this message, I'm looking into other options to REPLACE CrapCleaner on every PC I am responsible for going forward. Nice going, admin. 

The admin tried to use the excuse that some people would like to receive a pop-up to take advantage of some kind of deal. Perhaps so, but equally, there are people here who value missing out on a 'deal' just to not have to spend time and frustration on annoying pop-ups.

2024-04-24_CRAP.png