Microsoft Office 2011 - gone for good?

TriumphDriver

I've got two copies of Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac, proper boxed copies with CD key, one of which came with my Mac (but is a spanish-language version) and the other a UK version which I bought and had installed for years. After a hard-drive upgrade I found out that Microsoft support has ended for 2011. This means I cannot activate the copy - tried today by telephone and after over half an hour it was: "cannot help you, bye" and off they went! As it's not activated it simply won't open at all.

Does anyone know what I can do - I've also got LibreOffice and am not shelling out for a brand new rip-off 2019 version from Microsoft when all I do is write in Word. (There are specific work-related reasons why I need Word and LibreOffice has already failed to save a manuscript in the correct format)

Any advice on activation?

mh, i hope this problem isnt for office 2010 for windows... with support end 13. okt 2020.

On 10/03/2021 at 20:49, TriumphDriver said:

I've got two copies of Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac, proper boxed copies with CD key, one of which came with my Mac (but is a spanish-language version) and the other a UK version which I bought and had installed for years. After a hard-drive upgrade I found out that Microsoft support has ended for 2011

was this right with the support end? seems a little bit to short support time :-)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

bad news for the first post writer...

ms has stopped the possibility of activation of ms office 2011 for mac in 2018 and informed the user about this one year earlier in 2017.

the next version could be office 2016...

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 2 months later...
On 12/03/2021 at 19:51, trium said:

bad news for the first post writer...

ms has stopped the possibility of activation of ms office 2011 for mac in 2018 and informed the user about this one year earlier in 2017.

the next version could be office 2016...

The next version will be LibreOffice, no chance of going anywhere near Microsoft Word again.

I have used LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice. Liked them both.
Both offer recent versions.
Both offer a portable version if one wanted to try them out.
I've only used them personally, not in a work environment.
Haven't used Apache OpenOffice for a long time.

No doubt there are members here who are more knowledgeable than I who may wish to chime in. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I use Softmaker Free Office.

Does everything I want for WP docs and spreadsheets for home use, and there's a presentation (powerpoint) app included although it's not something I use it's handy when you want to see an existing one.

Being free it has ads but they're not too obtrusive, plus there is a paid for option if you feel the need for more features/no ads.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I mean libre office brings more format- supports between ms word and free word

But i have apache open office as second. Because the icons in the tab bar are near to the good old standard as ms it used

but in the end - the formats are not 100 % working

with different formats in word and powerpoint it dont work proberly in libre or apache. also in excel there are limits

On 06/06/2021 at 20:25, TriumphDriver said:

The next version will be LibreOffice, no chance of going anywhere near Microsoft Word again.

i read that it is "word online" for free with an microsoft account like in windows 8 or 10/11 but in reduced version.

for mac there is google docs but i dont know...

softmaker is the same as libre or apache office i mean...

for mac there is ms office 2019 standard for example... word perhaps for 40 €