why do you guys help us out?

TheFiresInTheSky

i dont get it! why would you just want to come on a site and help others out? some of us wish we could give you something in return but we have nothing to offer!

i dont get it! why would you just want to come on a site and help others out? some of us wish we could give you something in return but we have nothing to offer!

I think that everyone who comes on here and helps someone out DOES get something in return: the satifaction of knowing that you made someone's life just a little bit better.

No, getting someone's screen resolution adjusted won't solve world hunger or cure anemia, but it will make that person have a far more pleasant computing experience (which is more important than food anyway, right? :D ).

And I think that just about everyone on here who has helped out others has also been helped as well. I would like to think that I have helped out a few people, and I know for a fact that I have been helped by others on numerous occasions! That's what's great about the CCleaner forum, or most forums for that matter: you have the opportunity to share what you know, as well as learn new things in the process.

Not to mention this is one of the few places where I can spread the word about hufu without getting shot.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I think that everyone who comes on here and helps someone out DOES get something in return: the satifaction of knowing that you made someone's life just a little bit better.

No, getting someone's screen resolution adjusted won't solve world hunger or cure anemia, but it will make that person have a far more pleasant computing experience (which is more important than food anyway, right? :D ).

And I think that just about everyone on here who has helped out others has also been helped as well. I would like to think that I have helped out a few people, and I know for a fact that I have been helped by others on numerous occasions! That's what's great about the CCleaner forum, or most forums for that matter: you have the opportunity to share what you know, as well as learn new things in the process.

Not to mention this is one of the few places where I can spread the word about hufu without getting shot.

Well said lokoike.

I have learnt most things about windows through help forums.I really like to make people laugh or be happy as I think most of the people in this forum try to do. :)

Whether your tips help or not I think that letting the person with the prob know that at least someone cares about their prob helps them in other ways. :)

There are a a couple of help forums that I visit where you try to help and the experts in said forums denigrate your wisdom if they think it is wrong.Not nice!!! :angry:

Anyway how I go about trying to help people is that when I see a very good tip and or fix I copy and paste them to a "Help" folder in my documents.Links to some great help tips are included as I believe in credit given where credit due. ;)

You do give something in return Aaron. LOL You try to create every computer problem possible then ask us for help. ;) (just kidding....hehehe)

You make me laugh with all of your PC experiments. And everything that Lokoike & Humpty said is true. Plus, I know that for myself the additional benefit to helping people is that I learn more in the process too. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

ah, i like puters but, i always get loads of viruses somehow. even from random websites that i go to, it adds one in the temp file

people feel good by helping others. i know squat about computers. so i get others to help me. and they seem to like doing it. i know a lot about getting in shape and diet and stuff. so i like helping those that are overweight or weaker to get in shape and feel stronger and more healthy. it makes me feel good seeing them feel better and achieve their goals. we all use our strengths to help others with their weaknesses. that is pure good karma. :)

I think DjLizard knows your secrets Aaron :P

If your getting alot of Virus infections then you need to improve the security on your system, its possible one of them has lowered all your security settings to allow more to get through, You can reset them by opening a IE browser window and goto Tools > Internet Options click the Advanced tab and press Restore Defaults then goto the Security Tab, press Custom Level and reset it to Medium and hit Apply/OK. (Better still, use Firefox as your main browser), If its through file sharing programs then you cant do much to protect against that except not use them as there's no way of being sure whats coming with the files especially on programs like Kazaa.

I agree with the all the other comments here , we all learn new things everyday and everyone has different experiences so no one can say they know everything, Im good in a couple of area's but useless in others so I think we all learn from each other which makes the forums a fun place to visit. In my experience it helps me when Im trying to help someone else as I will look at things that I probably wouldnt of noticed if I wasnt helping them and once you know the solution to something it stays with you and then its easy to help if it comes up again.