Freeware Games

englishmen

I thought i would start a thread so people can post the best free games around.

I just download TrackMania Nations which is great.

X-Moto is also a great game

Sokoban YASC is a great puzzle game, just remember only play about 10 minutes at a time or you will begin to get very stressed ;) .

Supertux is a great original SuperMario type game.

Neverball

Americas Army is also a good game.

Though it stretches the bounds of the topic slightly:

Jose is a graphical Chess tool. You can store chess games in a database (backed by My SQL), view games and edit variations and comments, or play against a "plugged-in" chess engine and use it for analysis (to analyse why the computer beat you so badly :lol: ). You can view the board in 2D or 3D, and it has other features too numerous to mention (because I'm too lazy). It's a great tool for the serious chess player.

Wesnoth - The Battle for Wesnoth is a free, turn-based strategy game with a fantasy theme. Fight to regain the throne of Wesnoth, of which you are the legitimate heir, or use your dread power over the Undead to dominate the land of mortals, or lead your glorious Orcish tribe to victory against the humans who dared despoil your lands...

• Moderators

Big thanks to englishmen for starting this thread, and to everyone who contributed to it. My download manager will now be busy for many hours whilst I sleep.

Edit:

Come to think of it this thread should be pinned!

Big thanks to englishmen for starting this thread, and to everyone who contributed to it. My download manager will now be busy for many hours whilst I sleep.

Edit:

Come to think of it this thread should be pinned!

My pleasure, to be honest i only started it because i love playing games and didn't know of any more i can download for free :D .