Spybot Search & Destroy 2.0

nodles

Spybot Search & Destroy 2.0 final just got released a few days ago.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

http://www.filehippo.com/download_spybot_search_destroy/

Any thoughts?

What I like:

- New (+more advanced) tools

What I dislike:

- New GUI

- Settings

- 3 unnecessary services started automatically & set to automatic (Security Center Service, Scanner Service, Updating Service)

I agree with the "bloatware" sentiment. They would have been much better off going with a plugin architecture; that way all the extra features could be added by users who desire them, while keeping the core app much slimmer.

I'm Shane.

. . .It was great when it first came out but not now.

Yes, and its a pity imho. Back in the days, Spybot, Adaware, and a couple of others were the only thing making the internet workable. This picture is later, but the same idea. :P

th_Scan_screen3d.jpg

Anybody tried the freewares offered on the (edit; Spybot) forum? I have not for years, but they were pretty good back then.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I still have Spywareblaster on one of my machines. Just does what it says on the tin and nothing more. Uses no resources up at all. I guess quite a few of us have used some of the things in your screenshot login. They were state of the art then

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

This picture is later, but the same idea.

I remember and liked that old generation eTrust EZ Antivirus which I once had a full 1 year free license to use, that's before it morphed into something I'd never bother with again. That same company under the Computer Associates brand once had one of the best fast, lightweight, never knew it was even running freeware antivirus' back in the early 2000s called InoculateIT PE :wub: which was by far the best antivirus experiences I've ever had.

• Moderators

i used to only have S&D and Ad-aware as my malware checkers than discovered MWB which seems to cover everything the others did.

found it so good i paid for it to make it pro-active instead of reactive.

haven't found any fault with it yet.

stopped using ad-aware when they released their 2008 'anniversary' edition which ran like a dog.

than stopped S&D when they went through a period where they didn't release updates a few years back.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.