Games

Stocker360

I'm looking for some strategy games....any recommendation?

EDIT: I only want games that is from 2006-2009, i hate old games you know...

Hi

Do you like hidden objects with other strategy games intermingled? Big Fish has some good ones and they are great to deal with, or play free on line.

I see nobody has chimed in with Scrabble. :lol:

At the moment my fav would be the PS3's F1 Championship Edition, although I wish it had an extreme to impossible difficultly choice because the defaults just aren't hard enough for me.

Scrabble is a great game, but it sounds like your too good, I just play the orginal. Course all I have is the pc to play games on.

I'm a PC person, best for me is custom tomb raider games.

I never knew such a thing existed. I have the old PS1 Tombraider games and I love how they took simple planar tiling and created such fun visuals and lighting.

I don't care for modern office/warehouse settings. But the underground lairs were the best.

best games....

MMORPG: Lord of the Rings Online www.lotro.com (current addiction)

RTS: All the Comand & Conquer games www.commandandconquer.com (when I'm not playing LOTRO)

Puzzle: Sam & Max episode 1 www.telltalegames.com/samandmax (when I'm not playing LOTRO)

not really the best but: Friend Stock - a silly but addicting facebook game buying and selling friends.

fireryone

• Moderators
Right now I play

F.E.A.R.2

Burnout Paradise

Resident Evil 5

Trackmania United Forever

I used to love the Resident Evil games on my PS2, and Silent Hill.

I always played them with headphones on, and in the dark. When something used to jump out from the side, it scared the bejeebers out of me, as it sounded as if it was in the room. Great fun.

I like ravenhearst, return to ravenhearst, and for absolute great graphics and story line---so far--is dracula 3. The game is a bit this side of 2.5 GB's. I don't have any game boxes or the like, gramma's aren't allowed to do those.~~~~~~~But in the dark of the night, while shadows fall, granny, bumping into all the furniture, trys to find the hidden componets before daybreak tee hee

The Ravenhurst games are fun. I hope they do more of that style.

Yes, I am still working on RTR, but this Dracula 3 got everyone in the forums going so i had to download it and see what it was all about. So far it is very impressive, graphics are great, they first part was easy to do but they get more difficult as you go on, and more gory so i hear. I have to finish Return to Ravenhearst before I get too involved with Dracula. There are no HO's in Dracula at all--I kind of like that part, at least a few thrown in but i think I will have my hands full enough. LOL

I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure Dracula 3 is an adventure game, not a hidden object game. If there is a hidden object scenario in it I'm sure it's just a puzzle more than a theme.

I'm not that keen on adventure games with a lot of human interaction and "exhaust all dialogue" scenarios. And when you're 30% to 50% into the game and you realize there are no new areas to explore. Then it's more work than fun, and I abandon it.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure Dracula 3 is an adventure game, not a hidden object game. If there is a hidden object scenario in it I'm sure it's just a puzzle more than a theme.

I'm not that keen on adventure games with a lot of human interaction and "exhaust all dialogue" scenarios. And when you're 30% to 50% into the game and you realize there are no new areas to explore. Then it's more work than fun, and I abandon it.

Yes it is a adventure game but i don't think it is the usual, it was 2.5 GB and not like the adventure games I seen before, in fact i feel the same as you, but after going to the forum it was like, what is all the fuss about!! So I downloaded even with broadband it took 2.5 hrs, so far I am intrigued.

I like the HO also unless they are too cartoonish, the Mystery Case files are pretty good. Guess I will see whats new.

The Serpent Of Isis is pretty good. Hidden Object and inventory puzzles.

Speaking of Dracula, I still have the first 2 Dracula PC games. I should fire them up on my WindowsME partition. (That's the only reason I keep ME.....old PC games.)

Oh, if you like Tetris, try this...

It's the biggest game of Tetris you'll ever confront.

The Serpent Of Isis is pretty good. Hidden Object and inventory puzzles.

Speaking of Dracula, I still have the first 2 Dracula PC games. I should fire them up on my WindowsME partition. (That's the only reason I keep ME.....old PC games.)

Oh, if you like Tetris, try this...

It's the biggest game of Tetris you'll ever confront.

LOL -- Just the thing for those winters in Siberia as you are contemplating suicide. WOW, I can't imagine taking

that on.

I will have to see if I can pick up Dracula 1 & 2, do you suppose they are compatible with Vista?

:lol: With my 20" widescreen at 1680x1050 resolution it would take several lifetimes. With a 13" monitor at 600x400 resolution it might be a bit more forgiving.

LOL -- Just the thing for those winters in Siberia as you are contemplating suicide. WOW, I can't imagine taking

that on.

I will have to see if I can pick up Dracula 1 & 2, do you suppose they are compatible with Vista?

Lordy no.

Dracula Resurrection came out in 2000 and is for Windows 95/98.

Dracula: The Last Sanctuary came out in 2001 and is for Windows 95/98/ME.

A lot of these older games also rely on older hardware & software drivers which Vista definitely won't have.

I'd be hard pressed getting them to work halfway decently on XP even using compatibility mode.

Speaking of Siberia, you must've played Syberia 1 and 2 by now. Those are 2 excellent adventure games.

Lordy no.

Dracula Resurrection came out in 2000 and is for Windows 95/98.

Dracula: The Last Sanctuary came out in 2001 and is for Windows 95/98/ME.

A lot of these older games also rely on older hardware & software drivers which Vista definitely won't have.

I'd be hard pressed getting them to work halfway decently on XP even using compatibility mode.

Speaking of Siberia, you must've played Syberia 1 and 2 by now. Those are 2 excellent adventure games.

No, I have seen them and was going to give them a try out, is there any HO in the games or are they totally

adventure? Haven't been able to play much this past week. Still have RTR to finish. Got a credit coming so I

will have to look into the Siberia games

The Syberia games are pure adventure games. Definitely play 1 before 2. The graphics and story are top notch. If you get stuck look for walkthroughs online to give yourself some nudges.

I bought 1 & 2 for PC quite a few years ago.

I love Age of empires and it is my best game. I spend a lot of hours creating resources and planning attack. I love to create strategies and plack strategy games.

I can beat the computer players on Hardest AI, and you can use all civilizations to do this, but my favorite are the Goths. Their speed at making their infantry just can't be beat. You should also make some cavalry to go with the Huskarls too.

I was just recently trying AoE3 out. Quite different to its predecessors. I was kinda sad. :( It was like after a good few years playing warcraft 2 and then trying warcraft 3. My heart died a little inside.

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.