Your preferred method of payment for on line purchases?

Anthony A

What is your preferred method for paying for purchases you make on line? Do you like to use credit card or a Paypal type of plan or some other method? I don't purchase much on line but when I do I always get a phone number and phone in the order and then give the credit card number to the sales rep. Just curious what others prefer to do.

I prefer the direct Debit/Credit card transaction. I hate all this PayPal nonsense.

:D

Yorkshireman

- [My Twitter Profile: Clicky]

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

I do not like PayPal!

I stick with payment from a credit card that I watch like a hawk and insure that the transaction is via a secure method with the yellow padlock clearly visible.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I do not like PayPal!

Like wise why?

I only use PayPal on eBay but I've never had a problem, yet. I use the normal debit/credit card for anything else but that isn't very often. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Why? Bad experience?

It was a bad experience but it was ages ago and I can not remember what happened.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

You can get them anywhere. You buy them at a store for about how much they come with on them. They're by credit card companies and you fill out the billing info just like you would for a normal card. Just select for example 'Visa' then enter the number and exp. date. Many of them are reloadable but I never bother. It kind of defeats the purpose.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

I use Paypal and have for a long time without any problems I do not like giving Credit Card information out online or over the phone for that matter.

You can get them anywhere. You buy them at a store for about how much they come with on them. They're by credit card companies and you fill out the billing info just like you would for a normal card. Just select for example 'Visa' then enter the number and exp. date. Many of them are reloadable but I never bother. It kind of defeats the purpose.

I will look into these.

I use Paypal and have for a long time without any problems I do not like giving Credit Card information out online or over the phone for that matter.

I don't give credit card info out online. I use the phone and don't like that either. Some places only except it on line and don't have a phone number to call though.

i have a separate card just for online purchases. it has a small limit set so that if i do get scammed i am not out too much money. as well, i have a PO box for all my mail so they don't even have my home address.....and i never give out my home number (blocked and restricted) just a prepaid cell that i use for emergencies that doesn't have any of my personal information attached to it....

i have a separate card just for online purchases. it has a small limit set so that if i do get scammed i am not out too much money. as well, i have a PO box for all my mail so they don't even have my home address.....and i never give out my home number (blocked and restricted) just a prepaid cell that i use for emergencies that doesn't have any of my personal information attached to it....

The separate credit card is a good idea. Keep the limit low and watch the account like a hawk for any unauthorized activity.

Identity left and fraud are a real problem now.

Ever try to return an item to a store here in Canada. They ask for name, number,address etc in full ears hot of the people in line behind you. If you refuse they won't return your money. It's ridiculous. I have lost count how many arguments I have had over this. Canadian Tire is the worst. They won't even start the process with out a phone number. All you should need is a bill and the item you are returning. Anyways knowing the BS I will have to go through I simply give fake names and address just so I can return my purchase without giving these clowns all my personal info. I am under no legal obligation to give them any info about me. The names and numbers I give are totally made up so you aren't using somebody else's identity.

Use my online bank to pay right away. If that's not possible, then a bill.

I don't have a credit card. I have Visa Electron, which you could use in many online shops, but i have not used it that way. I use it often "in real life" though, to pay stuff, if i don't have any cash with me. It's handy that way.

Use my online bank to pay right away. If that's not possible, then a bill.

I don't have a credit card. I have Visa Electron, which you could use in many online shops, but i have not used it that way. I use it often "in real life" though, to pay stuff, if i don't have any cash with me. It's handy that way.

I have a ton of credit cards. I use them each for a specific purpose and like that they are separate from the others. Easy to keep track of my spending (and my wifes). :)

they are pretty good for different things. i have one that when i buy gasoline with it i get 15 cents a litre off which is a super bonus. :)

Each one is like a hole in your defenses. More ways to for criminals to get in. Imagine if you lost your wallet. You would have to call and cancel all those cards pretty quick. I make one phone call and cancel one card.

Each one is like a hole in your defenses. More ways to for criminals to get in. Imagine if you lost your wallet. You would have to call and cancel all those cards pretty quick.

Absolutely true.

I don't carry any cards that i don't need frequently. I only carry my Visa Electron and 2 store bonus cards. There's no need to carry, for example your driving license card, if you don't have/use a car. This way, like Anthony said, there's less hassle if you lose your wallet and also your identity is more safe.

Of course some card to proof your identity would be good, you may need it sometimes, not that often, though.