Downloaded files

craigathus

Hi guy's ;)

Just wondering what most people do with left over downloaded> (****.exe) files?

After they have been used to install the program I usually put them in the installed programs main folder.

I have a Download Folder and I usually keep the previous update for backup and delete the oldest update.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Hi guy's ;)

Just wondering what most people do with left over downloaded> (****.exe) files?

After they have been used to install the program I usually put them in the installed programs main folder.

Hi Craig,

Since starting to use IE7Pro add-on, I have been using the MiniDM download manager that comes with it.

This helps me download and save the whole .zip package for various programs and also any other downloads.

I had been storing these in the same fashion as you.

With all the malware going around that likes to delete certain programs or their folders what have you, I decided to save them in a more secret place(just in case). Believe me it not called \SecretSavedPrograms but a little less obvious than that.

I call it my \XXXXXXXXXXXXXX folder just in case someone needs to know.(of course the XXXXXXXs are a secret).

Cheers Mate!

:) davey

• Moderators

So do I, except for CC and Recuva, which sit in My Docs. One-off downloads also go in My Docs.

I dunno, elbowing in when I'm posting. 'So do I' is an answer to the original post. Bah!

• Moderators

I have a folder called setup exe's in which I put things that are important to me such as setup's requiring a registration number, and one's which, if I had to start from scratch, would save me the bother of downloading them again. I replace older versions with new one's.

I keep a backup copy of them on external.

These setups/installers are useful if helping a neighbour or friend out who has lost internet connection. I just pop the installer onto a usb stick.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Similar to Hazel. I keep all the Installers for programs needing a registration, and I keep all the registration details on a text file, as well as saving into a "registrations" folder in my email account, all the emails with the activation details.

If I lose my text file, I've got them backed up on line.

In particular, the one off "downloadoftheday" type giveaways, which you couldn't get hold of again if you had to reinstall.

So do I, except for CC and Recuva, which sit in My Docs. One-off downloads also go in My Docs.

I dunno, elbowing in when I'm posting. 'So do I' is an answer to the original post. Bah!

Hey, you also told us Where and Why . No matter how brief it is important input.

Now , let's talk about One-offs. All I can say is that I learned from the pro and I respect the fact that there is always a "very" sensible reason for doing what she does. Thanks, Hazel.

:) davey

P.S. Now I gotta git out n' git me some o' them usb sticks. Sticks always come in handy fer many reasons. Especially strange, mean-tempered dogs. No hittin' mind ya, jus' the sight o' the stick works wonders.