Working from home?

LuLu

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any legitimate work from home opportunities like data entry or medical transcription or well, anything really. I keep finding all these listings but you have to pay money for them and I don't think that's such a good idea. lol

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

I definitely wouldn't be turning any money over to anyone for the priviledge of working for them.

Have you thought of taking in ironing? :D

Seriously, most people hate that, and there's a thriving little business in Newcastle doing just that, and it's always busy.

Mind you, you'd need to be almost brain dead to stand and do that all day.

LOL You also have to know how to iron. I can do it, but not well, so that's out. lol

I definitely wouldn't be turning any money over to anyone for the priviledge of working for them.

Seriously, most people hate that, and there's a thriving little business in Newcastle doing just that, and it's always busy.

Mind you, you'd need to be almost brain dead to stand and do that all day.

Don't take the phone number from the adverts on telephone poles either.

We're still having a bit of the tail end of hurricane Ike blow over us here.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

:lol:

Or baking cookies, cakes, and other tummy warming yummies. Making myself hungry. :lol:

I think you have to be careful with some of the in-home job offerings you'll see as some of them could very easily be scams, and I surely wouldn't trust something if I had to pay to be employed by them.

There's the possibility of working for a local legitimate company that doesn't require you to physically be on site at all times - but good luck finding one.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any legitimate work from home opportunities like data entry or medical transcription or well, anything really. I keep finding all these listings but you have to pay money for them and I don't think that's such a good idea. lol

You can always sell 1 GB Flash Drives on E-Bay and say that they are 16 GB .

You can do it from home. Then you get the other phony dealers to put in good comments about how great and trustworthy you are . They do that all the time and get away with it. Of course they disappear until next week and now they call themselves John Doe #2 Inc.

Of course E-Bay has no control or responsibility in this do they?

:) davey

• Moderators
Of course E-Bay has no control or responsibility in this do they?

E-Bay I've found does make reporting some things damned difficult to near impossible. Like one instance I attempted to report someone that called himself the author, etc., and owner of Piriform and of the freeware called CCleaner and was supposedly selling it for $9.99, clearly he wasn't and was just some damned assclown illegally selling freeware. In that instance I found it completely impossible and royally frustrating to report the offense with how E-Bay's report tool is configured - so the bad guy wins thanks to E-Bay's misgivings.

well thanks for the suggestions guys...lol...but i need some REAL suggestions.

but on another note: Andavari, i have actually thought of opening my own bakery. but that takes money which is something i dont have. and i dont think i could get by on a bake sale in my driveway every weekend. lol

Lulu, if you're good at data entry, invoicing and general sort of reception work you could either place a small ad in your local paper or even visit a few small businessess close to your area and offer data entry, answering phone etc from home.

I know that in my area there seems to be a demand for such services.

That's a really good idea. Thanks!!

Lulu, if you're good at data entry, invoicing and general sort of reception work you could either place a small ad in your local paper or even visit a few small businessess close to your area and offer data entry, answering phone etc from home.

I know that in my area there seems to be a demand for such services.

• Moderators
but on another note: Andavari, i have actually thought of opening my own bakery. but that takes money which is something i dont have. and i dont think i could get by on a bake sale in my driveway every weekend. lol

Do it small time to begin with the help of family and friends and sell it online at a premium price.

You may be able to get government loans for opening a business. If you've ever seen that guy on TV that has a commercial and who dresses like a clown in that wild suit that sells a book which tells of government loans one of them is for starting a business.

You may be able to get government loans for opening a business. If you've ever seen that guy on TV that has a commercial and who dresses like a clown in that wild suit that sells a book which tells of government loans one of them is for starting a business.
Or Billy Mays:

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/zorbeez402.html

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

How legit is that though? Do any of you know anyone who's received those books/info and actually got a loan?

• Moderators
How legit is that though? Do any of you know anyone who's received those books/info and actually got a loan?

I don't know how legitimate it is, however that guy I mentioned has been on I think Home Shopping Network before, or it was QVC.

I don't know how legitimate it is, however that guy I mentioned has been on I think Home Shopping Network before, or it was QVC.

Oh yeah I've seen him as well. Just never knew anyone who actually got his books and whatnot. But after going to the website YoKenny suggested and reading the little bit of info that's there, I've decided that when I have some extra money (not sure when that'll be) I'm going to get the books and see what I can do. I'm definitely not looking to get rich quick, but if there really is money out there that can help me start up something that will pay my bills each month, I'll be happy. I don't have to be rich to be happy. :) Thanks for the suggestion you guys!

I'm not familiar with QuickBooks or MYOB, but I'm sure I could figure them out. Thanks for the suggestion!!