Between a rock and a hard place.

DennisD

• Moderators

For the second time in the last week or so I've been faced with some pretty difficult decisions to make.

I'd appreciate some constructive input with this one, as me and my god good lady (probably right the first time), have even had words over this.

1: With a peanut butter sandwich, do you butter the bread before you put the peanut butter on, or do you just ladle it straight on, commando style? (nothing underneath).

2: Plain bread or toasted bread? I'm all for toasted, but plain bread's not too bad either. Decisions!

3: Smooth peanut butter or the nutty type. I'm easy either way, but she reckons the nutty type suits me.

4: How the hell do you stop it sticking to the roof of your mouth?

Don't you just hate that?

You bite off a gob full of peanut butter sandwich, and the phone rings, and there's no one else in the house.

You answer the phone sounding like a 3 year old just approaching the rudiments of intelligible speech, and the caller says..."is you're mam there pet?"

Any input would be appreciated, and is it peanut butter over the pond, or peanut jelly? ;)

For the second time in the last week or so I've been faced with some pretty difficult decisions to make.

I'd appreciate some constructive input with this one, as me and my god good lady (probably right the first time), have even had words over this.

1: With a peanut butter sandwich, do you butter the bread before you put the peanut butter on, or do you just ladle it straight on, commando style? (nothing underneath).

2: Plain bread or toasted bread? I'm all for toasted, but plain bread's not too bad either. Decisions!

3: Smooth peanut butter or the nutty type. I'm easy either way, but she reckons the nutty type suits me.

4: How the hell do you stop it sticking to the roof of your mouth?

You bite off a gob full of peanut butter sandwich, and the phone rings, and there's no one else in the house.

You answer the phone sounding like a 3 year old just approaching the rudiments of intelligible speech, and the caller says..."is you're mam there pet?"

Any input would be appreciated, and is it peanut butter over the pond, or peanut jelly? ;)

1. Hmm, I don't use butter so the peanut butter goes right on the bread.

2. I like it both ways but if it's a sandwich it's plain bread if it's just a slice or two it's toasted. It's also good on pita bread.

3. I use the smooth type. It's also sugarless and low fat or 0 trans fat.

4. You don't stop it from sticking so you wash it down with apple juice.

It's peanut butter over here. Never heard it called peanut jelly before.

Peanut butter and butter sandwiches are more common in Britain than in the US. Here in the US people put jelly (or jam) with their peanut butter. I do like peanut butter and butter sandwiches, by the way. I got addicted to them in Cuckfield England in 1980.

Toasted peanut butter sandwiches taste so much better than the plain bread ones.

I personally like crunchy (nutty) peanut butter.

Always turn off your cell phone when you are about to eat a peanut butter sandwich.

IMHO

1. Never used butter but have spead on some mayonaise before spreading on the peanut butter.

2. I like toasted bread and if the bread has cooled off by the time I get the mayo and peanut butter on, I will nuke it for a few seconds to soften it up.

3. I prefer the smooth. The nuts are a distraction.

4. Using mayo and heating it up a bit helps to get it down the gullet and not up the sinuses.

I have never heard it called peanut jelly, although peanut butter AND jelly are popular sandwiches, especially with the kids. Sometimes even find them on the kids' menu in restaurants.

• Moderators

LMAO! That gave me a visual image! :lol:

I'm allergic to nuts!

I'm allergic to crazy people too. :lol: (Of course I'm quoting you out of context.) :P

I'd appreciate some constructive input with this one, as me and my god good lady (probably right the first time), have even had words over this

1: With a peanut butter sandwich, do you butter the bread before you put the peanut butter on, or do you just ladle it straight on, commando style? (nothing underneath)..

No butter underneath in the USA.(Makes the peanut butter slide off and stick to the roof of your mouth.The jelly etc. also slides and sticks anywhere other than your mouth or the bread.)

Proper spreading is an acquired skill, normally taught by Mom but Dad will do after proper re-training from Mom.

Spread gently a reasonable amount of peanut butter straight onto one slice of bread.

Spread evenly a lesser amount of jelly,jam or preserves onto another slice of bread.

Gently place the first slice of bread face down onto the second slice of bread face up.

Flip the sandwich over for good presentation and enjoyment.

You have now created a nice morsel for all ages.

Allergies may prevent the preparation or consumption of such delights. Sorry,guys. :(

Plain bread if it is to be consumed in a hurry or for immediate hunger relief.

Toasted bread for more elegant dining or for later consumption.The degree of toasting depends on the time span between preparation and consumption.Darker toast will absorb less liquid from the ingredients and keep the proper texture for later enjoyment.

Smooth peanut butter is preferred by adults for its ease in spreading and complete digestion.

Nutty peanut butter is chosen more by children and adults who have no dental concerns or who have never inhaled a piece of nut while talking or attempting to speak on the telephone. It is harder to spread evenly without undue damage to the bread. Some pet owners keep it on hand to amuse themselves or guests by feeding a large gob of it to a pet. The strange tongue and lip gyrations and maneuvering by the animal is said to be very amusing. However, such practice can result in injuries to the teeth, lips, cheeks, gums, tongue and throat, mouth or facial muscles.It can also lead to a degree of distrust by the pet, especially cats.

OLD FASHIONED prepared peanut butter is the choice of chefs, cooks, connoisseurs, and older adults. Mainly for its consistency, freshness, and excellent flavor.

4: How the hell do you stop it sticking to the roof of your mouth? Don't you just hate that?

To avoid the peanut butter from sticking to the roof of the mouth, always eat with the jellied side up. The jelly serves as a barrier and a lubricant. A room temperature or cool drink should also be served. Warm drinks tend to add to the stickiness of the peanut butter.

Here, on this side of the pond, you let the phone ring. After all, you are eating !!!

Unless you are expecting a call, then answer saying "Dis beta be impordand !!!" :wacko: They hang-up. No problem. :lol:

In the USA, it's PB&J, all the way. Peanut butter and jelly :wub: that's all I'll put in my belly :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaRIlbEZQLI...feature=related

And the ultimate treat for Dennis. Well everybody else too !!! Belly up !!! http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/recip...ain_pbsand.html

:) davey

• Moderators
Dennis have you tried to get any treatment for your arachibutyrophobia? :)

http://phobialist.com/

Hazel, how do you keep coming up with this stuff?

Treatment: Tried the "Hair of the dog" thing, more and more peanut butter, but I just ended up as a laughing stock on YouTube:

t236_PeanutButterman.jpg

Peanut Butter Man:

Thanks for all the input guys, you definitely helped me realise that you're all bleeding crazy. :lol:

Stop eating peanut butter altogether would be my advice, it would cure all the problems, but then I am biased..........I'm allergic to nuts!

Capman,

You are in deep trouble 'cause like Dennis says we are all nuts.

A few of us admit it,some of us know it,but many of us refuse to admit it,most of us don't even know it.

:) davey