New Version

jwall

• Moderators

You may need to do a clean install of CCleaner - for some odd reason that's happened to a couple of people before.

First try this:

1. Restart your computer

2. See if you've actually got the new version by running CCleaner.

If the above fails, then try this (I'm telling you this so you can keep your current CCleaner settings):

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode.

2. Install CCleaner

3. Start your computer in Normal Mode

4. See if you've got the new version by running CCleaner.

If everything above fails do a clean install (you'll lose all your CCleaner settings doing this):

1. Uninstall CCleaner.

2. Restart Windows

3. Install the new version of CCleaner.

I think this was probably due to the 'Other builds' not being updated on the download server straightaway, there are posts in the announcements thread that it was still V2.04 on there for a while (at a similar time to when jwall posted) though it's all sorted now it seems

I think this was probably due to the 'Other builds' not being updated on the download server straightaway, there are posts in the announcements thread that it was still V2.04 on there for a while (at a similar time to when jwall posted) though it's all sorted now it seems

That's exactly what happened.

I was not paying attention to the version number. Doh! :rolleyes:

I downloaded version 2.05 slim, installed over version 2.04 slim and it still says 2.04 version???

Well I'm not sure what the slim version does because I always download the normal version. In fact I downloaded it from CCleaner and FileHippo after reading this yesterday. I ran both installs and its installed v2.05.555 both times. Check the file properties of CCleaner.exe that will show the version number. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

No Yahoo toolbar and no additional languages (English only).

No Yahoo toolbar option. Well if thats in the slim version I can't see any reference to Yahoo in my version. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators

Just to clear things up,

The slim version does not have any language but English, and has no option to install the Yahoo toolbar.

Other builds you are asked when installing if you wish to install the toolbar.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Slim version, English language only

I have what I would think is the normal version and I have only English in the Options\Settings. So are you saying I have the slim version? I've downloaded it from CCleaner and FileHippo. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

The installer has all the languages, the program only shows your language and english. (or just english)

post-4998-1203895546_thumb.jpg

post-4998-1203895679_thumb.jpg

My earlier picture show all languages in the program cause I just extracted the slim installer.

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing, or ger. WOAH there they go!!!!!!!

~Otto

How to use CCleaner on a Flash Drive (pre v2.0)

What size is your build Keith?

My build is the same as your link says 2.670Kb

The installer has all the languages, the program only shows your language and english. (or just english)

My earlier picture show all languages in the program cause I just extracted the slim installer.

But I don't see an option to choose a language not that I want to. Mushu have you had that screendump from the slim version?

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I know the slim build is 657kb but I didn't want to slim one. I was asking whats the difference between them and you said Slim version, English language only. Then mushu13 posts picture showing all the difference languages and I haven't see that option in my build, so I was asking it that was the slim build. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I know the slim build is 657kb but I didn't want to slim one. I was asking whats the difference between them and you said Slim version, English language only. Then mushu13 posts picture showing all the difference languages and I haven't see that option in my build, so I was asking it that was the slim build. ;)

Keithuk,

The language option is in every build.You apparently don't see the option because you are using Win98SE which does not support MUI and you don't have MSLU installed.Are you sure you don't have this option coming up when you download and you are just clicking to fast to notice it?There are other times you have reported that you don't have such and such.Of course,maybe you never installed MSLU.You must have some foreign speaking clients.Don't you?

Hello mushu13,

The Slim version you can download using any language you like.I have downloaded English,Spanish,Polish,and French.I have a wide variety of users.

Of course you must use Options > Settings to change from one language to the next.To make it portable you just copy the CCleaner folder which also contains the necessary language .dll files.You also have to check the box to save all settings to .ini file.It will be a lot slimmer than the Portable build.

Or you can download the Portable version and copy it.It contains all the languages.Comes in around !.7 MB. It also forces copy of all settings to .ini file.To have all those languages available for another 1 MB seems worthwhile since you can distribute it to whomever you like.

From reading some of your posts I get the feeling you are a Pro and already know this but this will help other users.

Piriform sure offers a lot of user choice!!!

t634_20080226035926.jpg

Best Wishes to All,

:) davey

Edited by davey

Keithuk,

The language option is in every build.You apparently don't see the option because you are using Win98SE which does not support MUI and you don't have MSLU installed.

It must be a thing that effects Win98SE then. As for MSLU well it installs unicows.dll. I've downloaded unicows.exe of Microsoft, I will have to see what happens. ;)

Keithuk,

Are you sure you don't have this option coming up when you download and you are just clicking to fast to notice it?There are other times you have reported that you don't have such and such.Of course,maybe you never installed MSLU.You must have some foreign speaking clients.Don't you?

No nothing shows up when I download it.

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best