Firefox 3 beta 3

rridgely

• Moderators

Anyone try the new ff beta? The new theme is possibly the ugliest looking thing they could have done:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080...x-3-beta-3.html

I haven't tried it yet but man that thing is awful looking. :P

I hate that they put the home button on the bookmark bar. I hated that on mozilla and hate it on firefox too. :P At least unlike mozilla you can just drag it up to where it should be(maybe, haven't tried 3.0)

The linux and mac themes aren't bad(I really hope they fixed the ugly widgets and fonts on linux. Just go to google in a linux distro to see what I mean.)

Just be glad there are hundreds of themes for firefox. :P

Anyone try the new ff beta? The new theme is possibly the ugliest looking thing they could have done:

Oh my god, that can't be the final Windows theme, it's terrible (the icons aren't even well made). Are they not getting user feedback or something. Although on the plus side you can almost guarantee there'll be FF2 style themes out as soon as FF3 comes out (and there's still time for it to change).

Still can't believe they think that's nice though (maybe it's a bluff, maybe the real Windows theme is being kept under wraps :unsure: )

Oh my god, that can't be the final Windows theme, it's terrible (the icons aren't even well made). Are they not getting user feedback or something. Although on the plus side you can almost guarantee there'll be FF2 style themes out as soon as FF3 comes out (and there's still time for it to change).

Still can't believe they think that's nice though (maybe it's a bluff, maybe the real Windows theme is being kept under wraps :unsure: )

Maybe Mozilla caught head up ass disease from Microsoft.

im using it know as i type. the new design is alright but i wish my favortie (Nokia) theme worked oo well. but yeah im using it as a portable app so i still have FF 2.

doesn't seem to suck away at my memory as bad as it can i FF2.

all in all aint bad. but hope they improve it a little before its final is released.

im using it know as i type. the new design is alright but i wish my favortie (Nokia) theme worked oo well. but yeah im using it as a portable app so i still have FF 2.

doesn't seem to suck away at my memory as bad as it can i FF2.

all in all aint bad. but hope they improve it a little before its final is released.

After the final is released I usually wait for a couple updates before I switch over. By that time all my extensions and themes will be updated to work with it and most of the bugs will be worked out. Thats what I did with 1 and 1.5 and 2.

After the final is released I usually wait for a couple updates before I switch over. By that time all my extensions and themes will be updated to work with it and most of the bugs will be worked out. Thats what I did with 1 and 1.5 and 2.

yeah i should have done that when 2 came out because i used the the RC and i lost all my bookmarks..luckily Xp has system restore.lol

O_o; I am glad I stopped using Beta. The last version (Beta 2) I thought was alright. Is Beta 3 that bad?

Just complaining about the default interface but you can rearrange it if you want. Program runs fine and if there are any bugs it's a beta so it's to be expected. Just use the portable version and you really have no risk using it. Your normal install of Firefox is not touched.

Sorry, but what's significant about version 3 over version 2? Is it mostly a lot of 'under the hood' stuff?

I don't see any glaringly obvious features or changes for such a jump as far as what the masses will be expecting. This seems more like a version 2.5 than a 3.0, if anything.

I haven't tried it yet but man that thing is awful looking. tongue.gif

I hate that they put the home button on the bookmark bar. I hated that on mozilla and hate it on firefox too. tongue.gif At least unlike mozilla you can just drag it up to where it should be(maybe, haven't tried 3.0)

The linux and mac themes aren't bad(I really hope they fixed the ugly widgets and fonts on linux. Just go to google in a linux distro to see what I mean.)

Just be glad there are hundreds of themes for firefox. tongue.gif

I'm using FF 3 Beta 3 right now and the theme sucks. Also you can move the home button back to where it originally was. But despite the theme, it's really good, especially the security. Theres new features too. ;)

I noticed that too when I looked at my start menu items and it showed two different Firefoxes.

Your portable Firefox will have all it's files in one folder and have it's own profile. It will be a totally separate install from your normal Firefox. You can't run them at the same time though.

if you want to actually test the new firefox don't download the beta builds .. get the nightlies .. its called Minefield .. its just a code name for firefox ..

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=630644

these are the most up to date builds and have automatic updates everyday .. the beta versions are for developers ..

edit: you can install Minefield and still use fx2 ..