Member Rankings

craigathus

"Post count really doesn't mean much of anything," I state that however I'm always leary of a first time poster coming onto the forums and recommending some software title, etc., that's never been heard of before - it just seems like spam.

Although the longer someone is around the more we can get to know them via their posts, i.e.; attitude, etc.

Well, yeah, it's not about the post count, but, at least the ones that post something (excluding spam in some cases) are trying to interact with you to make the community grow stronger. Plus, the post count does count in a way. There's nothing more annoying to a new person than to be called newbie even when they know they are. So' when that status changes, it makes them feel part of the whole thing. It's not about the number, it's about the feeling of being "accepted". :D

No disrespect intended, Andavari.

public void dammit() {

damn.cmon(forYou);

damn.delete(You);

System.out.println("Mwuhahahaha");

}

It's not about the amount of posts, it's about the quality of posts. Though don't say, that my all post are quality ones.

If what you say is true, then who is making this "quality" judgment call? Is there some invisible man watching over everything we say? I would have a -0 if that wre the case.lol

I actually think it has 'everything' to do with the amount of posts and the amount of time someone has been a member, but that's just my opinion, of course.

• Moderators

I think it's a sort of OK way for the forum to give some sort of recognition to the amount of time and effort someone puts into being a member.

And by that I mean someone who brings a good attitude to the forum, and tries to contribute within their own sphere of experience and knowledge.

Number of posts?.......Quality of posts?

I think everyone on here just does their best to be a member of a pretty OK community.

And it's pretty evident that people who come here with the wrong attitude seldom hang around long enough for any sort of recognition anyway.

Power Member? Me? How embarrassing. :lol:

I think it's a sort of OK way for the forum to give some sort of recognition to the amount of time and effort someone puts into being a member.

By that are you suggesting that the administrators 'DO' give recognition to the amount of time and effort someone puts into being a member? It sounds like you're suggesting that's how the rankings/Member status are tabulated. If that were true, it would certainly shoot down the 'amount of posts' or how long someone has been a member theory.

• Moderators

No, I think Dennis just means it's the forum "rules" that decide it, such as 50 for power member etc.

I guess it's just a sort of recognition for people who stick around the forum and contribute towards the atmosphere etc.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

No, I think Dennis just means it's the forum "rules" that decide it, such as 50 for power member etc.

I guess it's just a sort of recognition for people who stick around the forum and contribute towards the atmosphere etc.

Oh OK :)

I see I just made the 'Advanced" status.hehe

• Moderators
By that are you suggesting that the administrators 'DO' give recognition to the amount of time and effort someone puts into being a member?

I'm not suggesting anything at all, and you can read into my comments anything you like.

We all have the opportunity of voicing our opinion on here, and I'm stating my opinion of something that hasn't actually been discussed before.

And I can't understand why this should seem to agitate anyone.

There's a lot more to be gained from a community like this than how many posts you've made, and what name you have under your avatar.

I'm not suggesting anything at all, and you can read into my comments anything you like.

We all have the opportunity of voicing our opinion on here, and I'm stating my opinion of something that hasn't actually been discussed before.

And I can't understand why this should seem to agitate anyone.

There's a lot more to be gained from a community like this than how many posts you've made, and what name you have under your avatar.

I agree 100%

I'm not agitated either. I was just trying to figure out what you were referring to. It seemed as though you were suggesting that the administrators gave people their ratings/status. I was just voicing my opinion too (like you) when I said I didn't think so.

Have a nice day

• Moderators
I agree 100%

I'm not agitated either. I was just trying to figure out what you were referring to. It seemed as though you were suggesting that the administrators gave people their ratings/status. I was just voicing my opinion too (like you) when I said I didn't think so.

Have a nice day

runaway, please forgive the tone of my previous post. It seems to have come across stronger than I intended.

Maybe I misread how much importance was being placed on numbers and a name, when we both know that neither are really that important.

My intention wasn't to offend.

:)

runaway, please forgive the tone of my previous post. It seems to have come across stronger than I intended.

Maybe I misread how much importance was being placed on numbers and a name, when we both know that neither are really that important.

My intention wasn't to offend.

:)

I understand Dennis, it's just one of those misunderstandings that happen from time to time when you're writing to someone instead of actually talking with them face to face. It's cool.

I think you're one of the nicest people I've meet at this forum so far. You've always been polite, courteous, and extremely helpful to everyone. Actually, everyone has been absolutely terrific.

BTW, you were the first person to respond to my first post here too. hehe.. Thanks for that :)

Tyler

• Moderators

Wow you all are really putting so much thought into nothing. :P

The member rankings are purely by post count but they dont actually mean anything. For instance if your an advanced member that doesn't mean you count any less than a power member.. it jut means you haven't posted as much.

The thing is, if all of your posts are crap then people pretty much just know to ignore you. For instance there used to be people on here with lots of posts that I didnt believe a single word they typed.. just because they had lots of posts didn't make them right. I however can look at andavari and hazlenuts posts(among others) and pretty much always be able to trust what they post.

• Moderators

rridgely, so that means out of 7,278 posts about 78 are actually posts.

I know you don't believe a word I post, so I thought I would make fun of you.

Ok, I think I am done posting here. It's becoming pointless.

dftt.gif

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

Ok, isn't it time for a new (more interesting) topic? B) I cant believe what I've stated here...sorry :rolleyes:

Thanks rridgely B)

I think you have hit the (nail on the head) so to speak :D

Post counts really stand for nothing.

The thing is, if all of your posts are crap then people pretty much just know to ignore you. . . . . I however can look at andavari and hazlenuts posts(among others) and pretty much always be able to trust what they post.

Problem arises with new members. . .they might not know how to interpret the designations. Members here are very careful, very responsible, but that is not so everywhere.

Craigathus, I find this a very interesting topic, social checks and balances on an internet forum, peer pressure, . . . lots of interesting aspects to think about. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• 3 months later...