Photo Editing Software

chronos55

• Moderators
Found this photo editing suite called PhotoScape at snapfiles,it is freeware.http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/photoscape/photoscape.html

Hi chronos, I can't remember if I've tried this one or not, so gonna have a looksee.

Thanks for the info, and I hope you don't mind me turning your URL into a link.

Photoscape:

You can do this by highlighting > right click > copy the URL, and then select the green + sign box above the posting window, and then right click > paste the URL into the window that appears.

Not trying to be clever here, but it took me a while to suss these things out.

• Moderators

It doesn't look bad at all. If you don't know anything about Photo editing, then this might be good. But personally I think GIMPshop or Paint.NET will be better.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

I have never tried this one.

I have tried if this software really needs to be installed or if it is portable.

I used Universal extractor to unzip the setupfile and then tried it by dubble clicking on the executable.

The software starts from the extracted folder and the first impression is that it looks very nice.

I didn't tested the software completely but is seems to be run without any problem.

The internet is wonderfull, only the 90% of crap on it isn't!

I love CCleaner IPB Image

If you don't like me, don't look at me or speak with me!

I have never tried this one.

I have tried if this software really needs to be installed or if it is portable.

I used Universal extractor to unzip the setupfile and then tried it by dubble clicking on the executable.

The software starts from the extracted folder and the first impression is that it looks very nice.

I didn't tested the software completely but is seems to be run without any problem.

Maybe I'm mssing something but I didn't see any zip file. The download was a setup exe.

Thanks for posting about this piece of software chronos55, it has just saved me hours of work in creating an image made up of loads of images for a website. I have been meaning to do it for ages, but kept putting it off, this made it possible so much easier.

Maybe I'm mssing something but I didn't see any zip file. The download was a setup exe.

Yes and the files can be extracted from installers with most zip programs. Try it if you've got anything other than Windows zip program (eg 7Zip, Izarc etc). Quite useful for seeing what files are gonna be installed on your system without having to actually install them.

• Moderators

This is pretty good. Its does a lot of the same stuff that picasa does(of course minus picasa's great indexing).

Its a photo editor meant to just make pictures look better, not for creating them and heavy duty image creation ect like photoshop. Its meant for people who want to take a picture, clean it up a little but leave it real looking and then get it printed.

I'll play with it a little more but I"m pretty darn happy with picasa's features. It would take some cool stuff for me to bother using anything else. :P

you didn't miss anything.

with universal extractor you can unzip a lot of the setup files that are available on the internet.

this setup executable is alsow extractable with this software.

The internet is wonderfull, only the 90% of crap on it isn't!

I love CCleaner IPB Image

If you don't like me, don't look at me or speak with me!

• Moderators
it has just saved me hours of work in creating an image made up of loads of images for a website.

That's the first thing that I liked about this programme, the simplicity of making one image out of many. There may be other programmes that do that, but I wasn't aware of them.

I'll play with it a little more but I"m pretty darn happy with picasa's features. It would take some cool stuff for me to bother using anything else. :P

I'm with you on Picasa. It's the only programme I've reinstalled for organising and viewing photographs. Coupled with Photofiltre and this programme, I've a pretty good setup.

you didn't miss anything.

with universal extractor you can unzip a lot of the setup files that are available on the internet.

this setup executable is alsow extractable with this software.

This is a new one on me. Didn't know you could do that.

Give yourself a good pat on the back for that link. Thanks

• Moderators
Any reason why you guys like Picasa more than Irfanview? Personally, I like several of Irfanview's features (the simplicity of the slideshow/screensaver utility and the thumbnail option, to name two).

I prefer IrfanView for the fact it can open damn near anything. Albeit it still makes "broken/non-complaint" JPEG/JPG images that not everything can display, actually it isn't alone in that regard because there's a horde of other freeware image viewer/editors that also goof them up. If they launch a CD-R with IrfanView burned on it into space it may even be able open a wormhole. :P