CCleaner crask windows

monica

I've no words....

In every place I wirte "CCleaner" that application will close!

I try to search CCleaner in Google? IE will close!

I try to unistall? Just click on "CCleaner" an every thing will close.

No virus, no spyware, no about anything.

Can you help me?

If you write "CCleaner" in google and press search, your browser will close?

No, it find all site and when I just click on one of this, IE will close.

It is just the world "CCleaner" that make windows crashing.

So if select the icon on the desktop, as soon as the path tag appear, windows close!

I have the same problem. Every time I write the word "CCleaner", followed by Enter in Windows, the program will close.

If I right click the CCleaner folder, it close.

If I write www.CCleaner.com in IE, or other browsers, they close.

I'm writing from another PC, becouse i can't click on a link named or containing CCleaner.

Even though you believe you are spyware/virus free you should still submit a "hijack this" log for analysis in the appropriate area of the forum anyway.

Uhm... just yesterday i helped a friend of mine having a similar problem.

HijackThis was impossible to open, neither renaming his exe.

Solved downloading and using A-squared Free

A-squared

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

• Moderators
Uhm... just yesterday i helped a friend of mine having a similar problem.

HijackThis was impossible to open, neither renaming his exe.

Solved downloading and using A-squared Free

A-squared

Your friend couldn't type CCleaner without his browser closing?

If so this is the strangest thing I've ever heard...

If your computer is infected follow the "spyware removal guide". A link is in my signature.

Your friend couldn't type CCleaner without his browser closing?

If so this is the strangest thing I've ever heard...

If your computer is infected follow the "spyware removal guide". A link is in my signature.

About HiJackThis I've the some problem too! I try to start the program and explorer (ie desktop) will restart.

I'm thinking about a virus or a dialer even if neither Avast (local) or PandAntivirus (web) found anything.

A friend's of mine tell me that IE rel. 7 is corrupt. He suggest me to remove and reinstall IE because the problem is probably due to the interconnection among Internet Explorer and Explorer. Any suggestion?

Do you know a really good antidialer removal program?

In the meantime I' will try with Asquared antivirus and Firefox browser.

Not sure if its related but I found this Microsoft Article while checking up on an application error in EventViewer, Which you might want to do as well, (Right Click "My Computer" click "Manage" open "EventViewer" open "Application" and check what sort of errors there are.

fireryone

I downloaded A-Squared and A-Squared HiJackFree 2.1 and put them in my Pendrive.

Until next monday I can't try them, because now I'm at home, but the presumed infected PC is in my office, in another town.

I hope next monday I'll should post some useful news.

Thanks!

Bye

• Moderators

Ok, so you can't open hijackthis. Now that makes sense.

Asquared is ok, but I've seen it have problems with false detections. Please just follow the spyware removal guide. (superantispyware and AVG Antispyware for sure)

Asquared is ok, but I've seen it have problems with false detections. Please just follow the spyware removal guide. (superantispyware and AVG Antispyware for sure)

Avg antispyware found nothing.....sigh!!

About HiJackThis I've the some problem too! I try to start the program and explorer (ie desktop) will restart.

I'm thinking about a virus or a dialer even if neither Avast (local) or PandAntivirus (web) found anything.

A friend's of mine tell me that IE rel. 7 is corrupt. He suggest me to remove and reinstall IE because the problem is probably due to the interconnection among Internet Explorer and Explorer. Any suggestion?

Searching the web for this problem, I read about some people having the same crash using Firefox, but they didn't write what version of IE had in their system.

Greetings,

A-Squared has a free Anti-dialer, too. I use it. Download it here: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antidialer/

Bernard

Greetings,

I use A-Squared. Whenever I have any question about whether or not it's a false positive, I double check the file(s) at http://virusscan.jotti.org/ and/or http://www.virustotal.com. Hope that helps!

Bernard

I have the same problem. I used A-Squared, but it doesn't help to fix that problem. I discovered, that this "virus" is "integrated" in the process explorer.exe. When you kill the process explorer.exe, you can start hijackthis from the cmd.exe. But also hijackthis helps not to fix that problem.

Knows anybody more?

• 1 month later...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WOWOWOWOWO THE SOLUTION WOWOWOWO

Sorry, i'm happy

THE Problem is.....LINKOPTIMIZER also know as GROMOZON

Search for this virus and you can find a lot of solutions.

In Italian this link http://forum.zeusnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=...sc&start=30

or look for Trojan.Linkoptimizer.B in Symantec. A good manual solution for remove this "problem"

Tanks to everybody!

smack

I'm starting to wonder "if Microsoft is perhaps blocking CCleaner in some update", of course there's zero proof or evidence to support such a theory however there's allot of mentioning of CCleaner just doing a search on Microsoft.com.

This does make sense, since i keep my XPPro Sp2 fully updated,

and CCleaner seems now completely unable to find index.dat files.

Wonder this isn't a "bug" of last version 1.39.502, cause the same

happens with 1.38.485 and 1.37.456. :mellow:

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy