New Ewido is now AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5

mfenech

• Moderators

Thanks I just downloaded it. ^_^

Ah I installed and I'm scanning now. I can already tell that they fixed a few things. The interface seems to be much more responsive now.(the last update made it feel sort of clunky). Its my favorite again. :) (the scan seems to be running much faster as well)

EDIT:

Well it seems that they didn't fix it.. it crashed my desktop. <_<

I'm going to run it again and see what happens. :rolleyes:

Thx for that Info. :) I'm installing it now.

Updates to come soon!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

Well I tried it again and watched what happened. I managed to snap a pic and stop it before it crashed my pc again. <_<

untitledkv0.th.jpg

300,000+ kb?

Let me know if any of you have the same issues. I'll put it on my other desktop later and see what happens.

No problems here. I've just done a full scan, which took a bit longer than usuall, but apart from that everything is OK. Does this mean that the real time active guard and automatic updates are now free ?

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

So far on my Computer I got around 111,000KB and that was ONLY for a few sec. while scanning through my Doc.'s

No problems here. I've just done a full scan, which took a bit longer than usuall, but apart from that everything is OK. Does this mean that the real time active guard and automatic updates are now free ?

It's not free. The new version just re-newed the Real-Time Shield and the auto updates to 15-days again.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

It's not free. The new version just re-newed the Real-Time Shield and the auto updates to 15-days again.

Ah, I see. Thank you. :D

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Ah, I see. Thank you. :D

It may be even 30-days but yeah that's what it did I believe.

Much better now. It hasn't gone over 30mb now. :)

I guess it has a problem with lots of large iso files. I might report it but they would probably just respond with "who the heck keeps 15gbs worth of iso files." :P

15GB? Are you kidding me?! What all do you have stored?

Well it was from my linux experiments no my old pc(that ended misserably with me buying a new hard drive. <_< )

I downloaded so many installations I cant even remember them all.:P

Never again, never again. :lol:

lol, so you were just testing am I correct? Or were you just having some fun and wasting time? :rolleyes:

Seems just like the old Ewido with some GUI changes to blue accents, and a new ugly icon.

True! The Icon needs to be changed back.

• Moderators

True! The Icon needs to be changed back.

Yeah the icon should have stayed the same in my opinion.

I had saved the icon from Ewido Anti-Spyware 4.0 before uninstalling it. It's only good for changing the AVG Anti-Spyware desktop shortcut to the old good looking and familiar icon. If anyone wants it download the ewido.zip file listed below.

Seems just like the old Ewido with some GUI changes to blue accents, and a new ugly icon.

From one of the Ewido team on the Wilders forum thread: "It's definitely recommended to switch to AVG Anti-Spyware... There have been many bug fixes and small improvements as well as new things like the clean driver for cleaning persistant malware."

Though having read through the Wilders thread there does seem to be one or two bugs (including no help files ATM apparently), so I will be holding off for a few days before upgrading to the new one.

7.5 without ever being a 7.0, 6.0 or even 5.0

I guess thats to fit in with AVGs version numbering as AVG anti-virus is currently on version 7.

From one of the Ewido team on the Wilders forum thread: "It's definitely recommended to switch to AVG Anti-Spyware... There have been many bug fixes and small improvements as well as new things like the clean driver for cleaning persistant malware."

Though having read through the Wilders thread there does seem to be one or two bugs (including no help files ATM apparently), so I will be holding off for a few days before upgrading to the new one.

I guess thats to fit in with AVGs version numbering as AVG anti-virus is currently on version 7.

I was goin to say the same thing about the changes in the version lol. Well, to me I don't see how AVG created such a good Anti-Spyware program while the Anti-Virus program was poorly designed. That's my opinion though.

AVG Anti-Virus WAS working for me until the updates started not to download and install. I use Avast! now.

• Moderators

AVG Anti-Virus WAS working for me until the updates started not to download and install. I use Avast! now.

The anti-virus bugs/problems are a heart breaker in AVG Anti-Virus 7 because allot of people depend upon it as their sole av application. I only hope the remedy they problem but to be honest Avast isn't a saving grace in my opinion as it produces far too many false positives from my past experience with it. Avira AntiVir would be a nice replacement for both in my opinion if only they'd scale back the AntiVir Notifications "ads" for commercial Avira products to once per month because in it's current form it annoys me too much to even bother with AntiVir ever again. Or they could do the obvious as Grisoft did and just have a clickable hyperlink to upgrade to the commercial version without opening a Notification "ad".

The anti-virus bugs/problems are a heart breaker in AVG Anti-Virus 7 because allot of people depend upon it as their sole av application. I only hope the remedy they problem but to be honest Avast isn't a saving grace in my opinion as it produces far too many false positives from my past experience with it. Avira AntiVir would be a nice replacement for both in my opinion if only they'd scale back the AntiVir Notifications "ads" for commercial Avira products to once per month because in it's current form it annoys me too much to even bother with AntiVir ever again. Or they could do the obvious as Grisoft did and just have a clickable hyperlink to upgrade to the commercial version without opening a Notification "ad".

It is indeed a heart breaker just such an IMPORTANT feature to go bad at times.

As far as Avast! goes I see nothing wrong with it. Hasn't given me any False Positives yet.