Please Use Firefox

Mike Rochip

I only use IE for win updates and few sites that don't allow FF. Otherwise, i'm always using firefox xD

Google "windiz" and see how you go for windows updates through FF.

Think Rridgely posted about it several months ago.

• Moderators

Google "windiz" and see how you go for windows updates through FF.

Think Rridgely posted about it several months ago.

Nah it wasn't me that posted that.(I do remember seeing it posted here though) I'm in the mindset that you should only get windows updates through the official ms site. Even if that works perfectly it still isn't worth the risk.

I think that it is a good idea to inform people about Firefox, because many people use IE and don't know that it is an totally inferior outdated insecure browser that doesn't follow webstandards.

I hope that site don't prevent people with other browsers to view the content of the site though. That would be very bad.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

FireFox is no better then IE in my book. I use IE based browsers such as Maxthon. Way better then FireFox and a much better pop-up block at that!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

FireFox is no better then IE in my book. I use IE based browsers such as Maxthon. Way better then FireFox and a much better pop-up block at that!

too bad IE isn't standards comliant ;). see the website below to see what i mean. Opera already is and Firefox will soon join Opera in its 3.0 release(or so i've heard).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid2

edit:btw, i've also tried Maxthon. if we were to talk about IE shells, then i would say that Avant Browser > Maxthon

You are wrong. Mozilla Firefox is better than Internet Explorer. Ever since IE killed of Netscape, Microsoft has been slacking and haven't done anything with IE for several years. All browsers such as Maxthon, Avant, etc use Trident which is the IE rendering engine, a broken web rendering engine that does not follow webstandards. Mozilla Firefox uses the Gecko engine which is far superior and unlike Trident actually attempts to follow webstandards.

IE is holding back the web, website developers cant use the full potential, they must use "hacks" for their pages to render correctly because a certain browsers (read IE) cant follow web standards.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

That's your opinion guys not mine...

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8